“Excellent Hotel in Paris” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Au Manoir Saint Germain De Pres

You added Au Manoir Saint Germain De Pres to your Saves list
Au Manoir Saint Germain De Pres
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   153 Boulevard Saint Germain | 6th Arr., 75006 Paris, France (Saint-Germain-des-Pres)   |
Special Deal
Save €10 on select meals
Ranked #339 of 1,786 Hotels in Paris
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sao Paulo, SP
“Excellent Hotel in Paris”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I went in BW Au Manoir from 19 th November 2012 until 23 rd November 2012, with my husband, and we liked very much this hotel.
The hotel is very well locate in Boulevard Saint Germain in front of Café de Flore, with a metro line across the street.
The room (201) was very well decorated, new, and a quit room.
The front desk´s staff was very good, principally Libania.
I recommend undoubtedly this hotel!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Encino, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

WE just spent 6 nights at this little Paris Hotel. The room was very clean and comfortable and it was ready way before our check in time, so wee didn't have to wait. The entire staff of hotel are very pleasant and helpful. The location of the hotel could not be better, practically walking distance to all the attractions. Great deal of goof restaurants and cafes around the hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Just got back from Paris, we have been to Paris 5 times, and this is the only Hotel I will go back to. GREAT location, clean, clean, clean. Nice toiletries, robes, sleepers, what you expect from a 4 star hotel. The showers are amazing. The room very comfortable, friendly staff, and great location. We walked everywhere and great for dinner restaurants. Never got a taxi except to go the airport. My only complaints was the security of the hotel, and I did address it with the manager when I was there. The front desk gives out the key to anybody that asks for it. My husband and I would leave for the day or night for dinner, give them key, as they require this, and when you come back there is someone new at the desk, that you have not seen before, you ask for the key with the ROOM NUMBER, not even ask for the name or anything, and they just hand it to you. I believe this a safety and security problem, since they can give the key to anyone, they can come up to your room with your key and take anything they want including the SAFE with all your valuables, since the safe is just seating on a shelve in the closet, not bolted down. I hope they will change this policy, that is the only thing that I can find wrong with this hotel. Ask for a room facing the boulevard, the view is great and it is not noisy at all.

Room Tip: We had room 402, it faced the boulevard but it was not noisy at all. The shower in the bathroom was...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Ipswich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Lovely little boutique hotel in a superb area of Paris. The breakfasts were excellent, staff friendly and helpful. However, our room, while very comfortable, had no view at all and this was very disappointing for our 20th anniversary!

• Stayed November 2012
Cambridge, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We just spent three nights at the Best Western Premier Au Manoir Saint Germain De Pres. We last stayed in 2005 and then then they had renovated the property. Excellent location, but the best part is the staff. Aziz is wonderful as is Libania who works in the daytime. Aziz was there when we last visited, they are wonderful people who made our stay extra special.

We had a larger room this time, a triple which was wonderful, very cozy. Cozy, clean, and
perfect location.

I would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: We had an interior courtyard view, but we kept the curtains closed...so the room itself was perfec...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Blonay, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I stayed at the Au Manoir with my 9 year old son last June (2012) for three nights. In my reservation I asked for a quiet room on a high floor, with a nice view; when we arrived at the hotel that's exactly what they gave me. We had room 501, with an excellent view, and high up enough to minimize the noise from the street. We did not hear the next-door neighbors either. Things to consider when renting this particular room: It is a "smoking" room but it only has the slightest scent of cigarettes, almost none; however they do use a deodorizer to combat the odor, so if you have a heightened olfactory sense, the scent of the spray (a mint smell) may be annoying. For me it wasn't a problem, and it only took a few minutes to get used to it. If you want a non-smoking room on the St. Germain side you will have to book on the 3rd floor or lower. In 501's bathroom the toilet faces the wall and heater. If you're tall and would like more space for sitting then rent the room next door, as there's more knee room in there. In fact, if I were to return to the Au Manoir, I'd choose the room next door for a better layout and gives the impression of having more space in general. Sorry, I cannot recall the room number but there are only two street facing rooms on the 5th. Also, 501 is smaller than it appears in photos. By Parisian standards it's slightly above average in size. Just know that when you walk in it won't be as large as you might have expected. All in all though it's comfortable and nicely decorated.

The breakfast buffet offers quality pastries and if they serve the little doughnut balls while you're there, you'll be in for a treat. The breakfast room is quiet and we didn't run into too many other guests while eating (we went rather late), but get there early if you want to have access to everything at the buffet, as they can run out of the popular items. The staff is very friendly and professional. All in all I would recommend staying at the Au Manoir. Its central location is perfect for visiting the city on foot or by Metro. The staff, as I mentioned are friendly and professional. The rooms are clean and nicely decorated. I paid 297 € for the room, plus 1.50 € pp/pd for tax, and 14.00 € pp/pd for the breakfast buffet and felt it was a little rich for the offering, but not unreasonable. The Au Manoir will not stand out in my memory as one of my favorites in Paris, but I would return and be happy to stay there again. The hotel is right next to the Brasserie Lipp. This is nice if you'd like to enjoy a cold beer and / or a hearty chicken and fries lunch.

Room Tip: Get a room on the St. Germain side with a view.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

This hotel had one thing going for it: the location was wonderful. That is all we liked about it. We had a myriad of complaints: the beds are rock hard, the bed linens nothing special, unlit closet/shelves are unsatisfactory, the bath was remodeled, but counter space tiny, AND you enter the room into the bathroom! Yes, when you are in the shower, you are seen from folks in the hall. The breakfast was crazy expensive and not a value. All and all, I would not come back here.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Au Manoir Saint Germain De Pres? Share your experiences!