“The best in price, service, food and experience!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of L'Ange 20 Restaurant

L'Ange 20 Restaurant
8 Rue Geoffroy L'Angevin | Hotel de Ville, 75004 Paris, France (Le Marais)
+33 1 40 27 93 67
Cuisines: Bistro
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Le Marais
easton
“The best in price, service, food and experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

My wife and I enjoyed dinner at L'ange 20 during our September tour to France. They were recommended by Trip Advisor as Number 1 restaurant in Paris when we made the reservation. We thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Tiny restaurant, you felt like you were right in the kitchen. Could watch the chef at work. The waiter was polite, humorous and made you feel like they were really pleased that you were there. House wine was great. Food was well prepared and delicious. My appetizer was an avacado/shrimp dish which was remarkable. Upon recommendation from a food critic tried the lamb dish which was delicious. After going to a lot of upscale restaurants with our tour group it was delightful to find this cozy little gem. Would certainly go back there if we luck out and find ourselves in Paris some day.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Stockholm, Sweden
“Simply great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

When tasked with fixing a good restaurant for my mother in laws 60th birthday during our trip to Paris, I stumbled across this restaurant on Tripadvisor several months ago. We made the booking and received the reservation by email very quickly. When we arrived and sat down, we saw that this charming restaurant is turning away dozens of walk-ins, and when you receive your first plate of food, you quickly learn why! The food, setting, service, wine-list, and overall charm of this little gem is fantastic. Seeing the very talented chefs going about the kitchen gives you a closer connection to the food, and makes you feel very welcomed. Overall this restaurant is something very, very special indeed! The only problem now is that I need to find something to top this place when she turns 61!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York, NY
“Good Food...worth the stop”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

I'm going to say fairly simple and straight forward. Well prepared. But lacking complexity. Overall excellent meal, very fair prices. House rouge wine very good. But this is not gourmet. Staff is friendly and helpful. The surprise dish was chicken gizzards, which some my not like but I thought were quite special (and unusual). Tomato soup on the night we were there was lacking complexity...bordering on bland...some spices to liven it up would have been desirable, though the good thing is that it didn't have a lot of thickening or other additives, it was tomato, with probably some cream and maybe a little roux. Tiny with tables very close to each other, so have a friendly conversation with your neighbors...maybe even sample their food.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“Superb meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

We had dinner here recently and absolutely loved the whole experience. The food was amazing- for entree I had the best pork terrine I have ever tasted, my partner had angel hair prawns
( yummmm!!!!). My main has me salivating writing this- 7 hr cooked lamb shoulder with pumpkin purée and green beans and my partner had duck done 2 ways. It was amazing. The chef/owner and his staff were very friendly and really made the whole experience one that I wouldn't hesitate to recommend. I can't understand why comments on here criticize the fact the staff can speak Engish and often do so. I loved the fact I could communicate freely with them and get their consummate advice on the menu and wine list. I highly recommend this restaurant to those who love good food and wine. You won't be disappointed.

Visited September 2012
Sydney, Australia
“A Real Find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

The chef is supurb, the restaurant th best value for money I can imagine. You must book because the place is small. The duck entree and the deep fried chicken giblet entree would befit the really expensive restaurants, the sweets are to rave about and your whole dinner will be about 40E each.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere