“Best Chocolates & Macaroons in Paris!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Un Dimanche a Paris

Un Dimanche a Paris
4-6-8, Cour du Commerce Saint Andre, Paris, France (Luxembourg)
+33 (0)156811818
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
Un Dimanche a Paris is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #646 of 12,467 restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Luxembourg
Edmonton, Canada
“Best Chocolates & Macaroons in Paris!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

We visited the "sweets" shop next to the dining room. We came across it while exploring this area on foot. They offer a huge variety of chocolates and many flavours of macaroons. Everything we tried was delightful and delicious!!! One of our favourites was a thin chocolate wafer with dried candied fruit and macadamia nut on top. Another one worth trying was chocolate covered almonds dusted with powdered sugar. All flavours of macaroons were good but my favourite was the strawberry rhubarb one. Search this little gem out, you won't regret it!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

81% Recommend
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
San Rafael, California, United States
“Gourmet goodies, gluten free understanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

We treated ourselves to this very elegant restaurant located in a small allee behind our hotel. The setting stands out as a modern presentation in the heart of the St. Germain area.

There were only a handful of selections in each category - entrees, plats, desserts - but this was more than enough to make choosing difficult. Their use of fresh, seasonal ingredients was impressive. They also had a 6-course mystery menu that sounded fun but the whole table had to order it.

Our waiter was very helpful with special dietary needs (gluten free). I had what sounded like a simple tomato appetizer but turned out to be a trio of amazing presentations - the sorbet is not to be missed! My husband and son ordered the braised veal shank and there wasn't a crumb left. I had a beautifully prepared fish. My son's gluten free meringue and blackberry dessert had him in heaven. I had the cheese platter - the only disappointment of the evening.

It's a bit pricey compared to the area's bistros, but comparable to similar restaurants in the Bay Area. High recommend

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Superb!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Dinner here was one of the most unusual but enjoyable experiences I had during my weekend trip to Paris. The unique way this restaurant included chocolate into many of their dishes was at first difficult to conceptualise, but our three course meal tantalised the taste buds and left us wanting more. I simply cannot wait for my next visit.

• Visited December 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“A superb meal in stylish surroundings”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

This restaurant was highly recommended to us by French friends, and we were not disappointed. It is tucked away in the Cour du Commerce St Andre, and we arrived later than expected after getting our timings wrong. Nonetheless, we were given a warm welcome and shown to our table. The restaurant had a hushed atmosphere, which was odd after the hustle and bustle just outside, and its decor is comtemporary and very stylish. We started with kir royale and then went straight into main courses. Our son had filet de boeuf (rare and cooked just right), while the other 2 of us had fish (turbot and bar or bass in English). All the dishes were clearly prepared with great passion and expertly presented to us by the attentive waiters, with perfectly cooked vegetables. My turbot was firm and white, with a delicious texture to it. My wife and son also complemented the chef on his skills. For pudding 2 of us had orange souffle, my wife had peche de l'ete - but found it rather too 'eggy' for her taste, so enjoyed my souffle when we swapped halfway through eating them. Souffle is notoriously difficult to get right, but ours were scrumptious and very light. The staff deserve high praise, they were there when we needed them but never in our way - very professional and utterly charming. I will have to go a long way in Paris to find another restaurant this good and this reasonably priced too.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great for dessert!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

We went there for dessert and enjoyed choosing the pastries from the boutique. They have an interesting concept where you choose the pastries, then sit at a table to enjoy your purchase accompanied by a drink of your choosing. I chose a drink that seemed appropriate, but, not knowing the dessert or the drink, I choose wrongly. Such a concept would be most enjoyable, I believe, if they had recommendations for the many wonderful pastries they offer.

They would also do much better by providing a more welcoming experience as you enter the reception.

• Visited June 2012