“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mandarin Oriental, Paris

Save Saved
You added Mandarin Oriental, Paris to your Saves list
Mandarin Oriental, Paris
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   251 Rue Saint-Honore, 75001 Paris, France (Louvre / Place Vendôme)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
Complimentary Wifi
Ranked #16 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
Lanacshire
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

We are a married couple with a 5 month old baby boy. Was a bit anxious at driving from UK to Paris with the baby, but it was great. Knew we would be spending a lot of time in our hotel room, so we booked a Mandarin Terrace Room and it was great. We could eat out there all the time, which was really nice. Best hotel we have ever stayed in. Lived off room service menu for 3 days, every meal was perfection. May not be the cheapest food or accommodation, but if its cheap you want then stay at the Holiday Inn

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

MOPAR_11, Hotel Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Paris, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear guest,
First of all, let me thank you for choosing Mandarin Oriental, Paris.
I am also pleased to read that you enjoyed our staff’s sense of hospitality.
Our vision of luxury service comes with a Taylor-made approach fitted to meet all our guests’ expectations, even living off room service menu !
My dear colleagues and I are truly appreciative of your time in writing this review and I would like to thank you on their, and of course my own behalf.
I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back for another visit.
Kindest regards,

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Overall, I enjoyed this hotel. I've lived in Paris in the past and now travel to this great city as often as I can, and thus stayed in many of the luxury hotels here. The location of the hotel is the best, near Place de la Concorde and Place Vendome. It's a quick ride from Gare du Nord and a short shuttle from CDG. It's close to all of the tourist places in Paris like the Eiffel Tower, Louvre, Notre Dame, Musee d'Orsay, etc. The hotel itself is very nice, with a great bar/restaurant courtyard in the middle of it. If you want high-end shopping, this is the best place to stay (Chanel Flagship is right around the corner) The rooms were clean and nice, free wifi, and as typical here in Paris, a bit on the small-ish side. We had some issues at check-in (waited over 2 1/2 hours) and our room had some issues, but overall it was a pleasant place to stay. The staff are excellent at this hotel, and they try very hard to make your stay a good one. Staff were exceptional at the hotel 8-Bar. I do think it's the service that differentiates this hotel from the many others in Paris.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear guest,
Your comments have been well noted and we thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at Mandarin Oriental, Paris.
I am glad to read that you enjoyed our Modern Parisian Hotel and that we contributed to an overall good trip.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
With best regards,

Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

The stay in the hotel was fine. But the experiences after were wired. I forgot a couple of my clothes when I checked out. They were forgot in the first floor closet of my room and hanging on the hangers nicely. And then here are the problems:
1, the hotel didn't try to contact me for the clothes I forgot at all. We stayed in Paris for an extra day because of the strike at train station, if they did contact me, I would go get them with no troubles. Even I called the hotel after I found out I forgot my clothes, the hotel couldn't find it until I told them I was sure my clothes were left there. And then they had to do a further investigation to find them.
2, After my clothes were find, they asked my credit card and authority of charging my card for shipment. And I did and called the hotel for the details of shipment. Because I was going to stay in Frankfurt for couple days, I asked them to ship my clothes to there, and told them my checking out date in Frankfurt. We seemed to have an agreement, but then they didn't. I even called them, and they told me they were very busy and would get me back after. But I got nothing.
3, After I came back home, I sent them an other email. The hotel replied and told me some one would contact me soon. But again nothing happened in two weeks until I sent them another email.
4, Finally, I got their attention!!!! My clothes were about to send. And they asked about my address, post code, and everything. I sent all the information via email. But when I got my package, I found out the post code was wrong!!! and it's not my post code at all. So I have to correct it to get my package.
5, About, the fee of the shipment, they said they sent me the receipt, but didn't get it. Moreover, they didn't charge the credit card that I authorized them to charge but charged the card in their file. Even before the charged my card, the didn't disclose the price to me, and I had to ask about it. All these make me feel very uncomfortable.
6, even when we were staying in the hotel, the housekeeping took our tea pot. We had to ask it back. I am not saying these were something that they did on purpose, but they don't care about their guests' property at all!!!!!
When we were staying in the hotel, the people at the front desk were very helpful, and the location of the hotel is great. But these are not enough to make this hotel a high rank hotel at all. I am definitely not coming back to this hotel!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Be careful about your decision.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Madam,
We thank you for kindly sharing details from your recent stay at our hotel.
While we are delighted to see you felt the hotel was fine, we sincerely apologize for the problems expressed in your review.
We are investigating the described occurrence with relevant colleagues and it seems that the room number communicated during our research of your clothes was not the good one, hence it explain the time to find it.
Concerning the shipment it was sent back to us a first time by customs before we could send it back to you.
Of course none of this can excuse the bad experience you felt and therefore we are very sorry.
We remain at your entire disposal should you need any further information.
Best regards

Cologne, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

We love this hotel. The location, the rooms, the restaurants and bars and most of all the people there! There are so many options in Paris but to find this true luxury gem is so wonderful. We had a true Parisian feel and the service was just second to none. The breakfast with it’s homemade detoxing juices and it’s generous choices from the fresh buffet and the menu à la carte is the perfect start to the say. The recommendations of the staff for restaurants and bistros just around the corner were appropriate and made sure that we had a great night out. We can definitely recommend the Mandarin Oriental and we are looking forward to being back very soon!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write and share about your recent stay at our property.
Paris does have so much to offer... only a peaceful retreat can allow our valued visitors to make the most of the city and I am very glad that your own experience met these expectations.
Be sure that I will share with our colleagues your amazing comments.
Our staff and I look forward to your next visit.
With kind regards

Munich, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Paris! When you go to Paris you think you are in heaven already and there is not much that could top that! Well, there is one thing for sure! The Mandarin Oriental. We had the time of our life. From the arrival through to departure these ladies and gentlemen know what they are doing. Prior to the arrival I was already in touch with the rather wonderful Ian Kidd, who seems to be some kind of magician they have employed there, he just waves his magic wand and makes it all happen. And when we arrived our hopes and expectations all became true. The location could not be better, you feel like you are at the centre of the earth, well, at least at the centre of Planet Paris. The hotel feels and looks slick, modern chique and is simply beautiful. The ground floor areas were nice and buzzy, the bars and restaurants lively with Parisians and hotel guest alike – a mix we love very much!
We treated ourselves to suite this time, and I must say it was so worth it. The space was luxurious, and immaculately appointed, so far at every touch point you could see that true hoteliers and experts were creating this hotel. We were met with very thoughtful amenities which is always such a lovely surprise when they are different, creative and go beyond the fruit basket we have all seen before. And then we stepped in our bedroom on the second floor – and there are the moments in life when you are just speechless. So in Paris it somewhat depends on the point of view, here at the Mandarin it’s the right one! The most fantastic views of the Eiffel Tower!
Well done Mandarin Team – you run a tight ship, but with charme and affection! We will be back!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing to stay at Mandarin Oriental, Paris.
Our colleagues are indeed always available to help guests make the most of their stay by offering a wealth of options and, of course, their first hand expertise.
I am very glad you could feel the strong commitment of all our staff and managers. All yearn to contribute to help our guests discover all the best Paris has to offer.
We are delighted to hear that you had a fantastic time with us. You can count on me to pass on your compliments to the staff.
Allow me to thank you on their behalf and on my own for your time and kind words.
We truly hope to see you back soon at our property.
Warm regards,

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

The building is very nice, the street its located on is full of Armani, Rolex types shop, which for me is a bit of a disappointment, which is why I prefer the small hotels in Saint Germain, where you can step out into a small side street full of cafes, bakers, and fruit shops.

PRO: Those that say the French are a bit aloof etc have never stayed at the mandarin, the staff was lovely.

CONS: let down by the back of house systems. On arrival I asked for a daily news paper and a turn down at 5:30, I never saw a newspaper through out my stay, had phone them to remind them of the turn downs. All the other mandarina they went out of their way to make my kid feel welcomed, small bath robes, mini slipper, welcome art kits etc. Here trying to get a small robe was a painful task.

But what really put me off was the quality of the meals, room service breakfast was luke warm. We ate in the ground floor restaurant I saw the food come out of the kitchen and it sat outside for a good 10-15 minutes. When it did arrive it was cold. I explained this to the waitress who said she was busy serving the other table, she took it back and they just reheated it, which meant the sandwich was burnt and my veal was tough. Normally I would walk away but we were so hungry had to accpet the still only luke warm/burnt meal.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Rick,
Thank you for choosing Mandarin Oriental, Paris for your stay and taking out the time for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor.
Your compliments have been passed on to the staff and they extend their gratitude for appreciating their efforts so well.
We are however very sorry about your experience upon arrival and with our food & beverage department.
Please do know that it is not in our standards to reheat any food and therefore we are investigating on what might have happened.
Additionally we have passed on your comments to our housekeeping department.
We hope to see you again at our property to have a chance to change your mind about our Restaurant.
With warm regards,

Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

The minute we stepped off the plane we were greeted by a Mandarin Oriental representative. She was a sight for sleepy eyes. When we arrived at the hotel, it was nothing short of spectacular. This is a newer property and it shows. Our amazing room was not only ready for our arrival, they actually walked us to the room and had us check in there so that my son could go right to sleep. The staff was beyond attentive - signature Mandarin Oriental service that seems natural and seamless. They Concierge exceeded my expectations. The location is perfect, close to everything yet on a charming street filled with fabulous high-end designers. I cannot say enough about this property...the service, hotel, rooms, decor...this is truly one of the best, if not THE best hotel I have ever stayed at in all my travels. It's Flawless. Well done MO...

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
MOPAR_11, Hotel Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Paris, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Mandarin Oriental, Paris for your trip and for taking out the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor.
I am thrilled to read your recommendation about our team, convenient location and attentive yet unobtrusive service.
Rest assured that your delightful comments have been shared with our entire staff and they extend their gratitude for your acknowledgement.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon to Paris.
Best regards,

Hotel Manager

Been to Mandarin Oriental, Paris? Share your experiences!