“Excellent Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mandarin Oriental, Paris

Save Saved
You added Mandarin Oriental, Paris to your Saves list
Mandarin Oriental, Paris
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   251 Rue Saint-Honore, 75001 Paris, France (Louvre / Place Vendôme)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Daily Dining / Spa Credit
Ranked #3 of 1,795 hotels in Paris
San Jose, California
“Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

My bride and I enjoyed five unforgettable nights on our honeymoon at this property. The service was…well Manderin has the worlds best and this is absolutely up to par. There is no negative's with this location. Just perfect.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

433 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Auckland, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

If i hadn't staying in a number of luxury hotels in my life, I might rate the Mandarin Oriental higher. It is very, very good.

Rooms are good size, hotel bar great, in room dining and breakfast (special mention here, breakfast is close to perfect), restaurant good. Location is good on one of the main shopping streets. Spa and pool area is much better than average, maybe not quite the design 'wow' of a perfect spa but definitely very very good. Outlook over street to typical French architecture (beautiful).

It is all you can expect from a 5 Star Hotel. Very close to my top rating and probably amongst best places to stay in Paris. Stay here.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I don't normally write reviews but we had such a fantastic experience at this hotel. My wife and I visited Paris for our 10th wedding anniversary a few weeks ago as I had proposed there 11 yrs earlier. We stayed at the Bristol before but decided to stay at Mandarin Oriental Paris. We have stayed in several Mandarin Orientals in Asia and the thing that always sets this hotel group apart is the SERVICE. They arranged our 3 day romantic getaway (we left our young kids behind in NYC) and set us up with amazing restaurants and exclusive visits. Location on Rue St Honore cannot be beat and check in (after a red eye) was fast and offered with a drink. They even sent up champagne and chocolates and rose petals for our anniversary celebration! There was an ipad for use in the room and a beautiful tub and shower. The concierges were all extremely knowledgeable and helpful. Changing plans last minute was met with a "bien sur -pas de problem" attitude. we loved staying here and would definitely come back. Bill E.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Rennes France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

What we ( a 25 yr old well traveled couple) liked:
1. Incredible, sexy decor around the hotel and in the suite. I loved the flowers in our suite- on tables, by my vanity etc.
2. Modern. He loved that the suite had an iPad, 3 TVs, iPod player (some amazing equipment brand he was talking about, I have no clue), high tech lights, hi tech toilet... The list goes on. Built in 2011 but feels like its from the future!
3. Attention to detail. Welcoming gifts galore, champagne around every corner, flowers flowers flowers, insane cleanliness
4. Service. Jérémy was a gem and everyone else too. Kind, genuine service oozes from around every corner.
5. Young and sexy. Need I say more?

What we didn't like
1. The pool was a tad bit cold. Not intolerable , didn't even think about it really until I read a "terrible" review from tripadvisor and I thought, oh yes, it was a bit on the chilly side wasn't it? This is really splitting hairs though. ALSO: the service was so immaculate I bet if I would have asked they would have said, oh yes mademoiselle !!! And turned the heat up that instant.
2. I asked the concierge to book me a nonstop train ticket and the next day upon arriving à la gare, I discover it was not the nonstop train. Not cool

All in all - Gorgeous, sexy hotel in the heart if Paris with great moves to match. What's not to like?

Room Tip: 5082 was big. with courtyard view, no balcony but great layout and big bathroom
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

The Mandarin Oriental Paris is in the heart Paris walking to some of the greatest areas of Paris the Metro is close to Concorde metro I will say about 600-700 meters away from the hotel, and also to mention A great location close to the city's most famous attractions. The moment you get in to the hotel the staff are very friendly, and amazing accommodating to your needs and very helpful. The check is very smooth the staff can help and direct you in any way you may need.
the comfort of my room which is what we need the most after a long trip, .The Room is elegant and modern and Asian touches here and there all the things are almost remote controlled, the TV I think it had over 140 channels almost, a very comfortable bed, the service is amazing Overall, i had a pleasant and memorable I did had a price shock in the restaurant 10 Euros for a cup of coffee

but is a five star cup of coffee… it was worth it
I will truly stay there soon again

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
MOPAR_11, Hotel Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Paris, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear Hans,

Thank you very much for your time and support and above all, thank you for choosing us.

It was our pleasure to welcome you and we truly hope to see you again among us soon.

With kind regards,

Majbritt Iaconis
Hotel Manager
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

This hotel lies in the heart of the city,the best place to stay in a great location close to the city's most famous attractions.As u step in to the hotel the staff are very friendly,accommodating and very helpful.The check in happens in a split seconds and you are in the comfort of your room which is what we need utmost after a long travel, the staff escorted us to our suite and made sure everything is fine before she leave us.We were greeted with a personalised welcome notes on the table and on the telly which made us very welcome, it's the effort.The suite is elegant and modern, sound proof and had a very comfortable bed, the service is amazing and the staff are very professional, special thanks to Cindy and Allan of front desk, Ian Kidd Directeur des Services Clients and other staff which i couldn't remember all their names but they are all appreciated.Only one least i would comment is the full body mirror which is situated behind the wardrobe door that is quite a bit awkward place but it can be put up with not a big issue,Overall, we had a pleasant and memorable stay @ Mandarin Oriental Paris with excellent recommendation.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
MOPAR_11, Responsable relations clients at Mandarin Oriental, Paris, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your kind comments and we are delighted to learn of your overall enjoyment with your stay.

I will be sure to pass these on to the team here in Paris and we very much hope that we will welcome you back in the future.

I would also like to take the opportunity to thank you for your feedback regarding the mirror which is of great value to us and can only but assist us in improving our services further.

If I or the team may be of assistance to you again please do not hesitate to contact us.

With kind regards,

Ian Kidd
Director of Guest Services
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

As if I need another reason to go back to my favorite city, I could just stay in the hotel for the views alone. The staff was amazing, catering to our every whim and personally escorting us back to our suite every time we came home. They were very helpful in arranging any travel and other accommodations for our next destination after departing from them.

The location is so convenient and easily walkable to nearby sights along with quaint cafes and bakeries. I loved the decor, very contemporary and modern - it looks so pristine and you instantly feel sophisticated the moment you enter the lobby doors. We were greeted with a note and petit fours upon checking into our room which made us feel very welcome.

Unfortunately the restaurant was closed during our stay so I did not have the pleasure of experiencing the dining there, but I'm sure it is magnifique considering all the other things they do so well.

Room Tip: Try to book a room with a terrace and have breakfast out there. It's worth it.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Larina,

Our staff is fully dedicated to a personalised and discreet service and I am glad you experienced it first-hand.

A lunch or dinner at Sur Mesure par Thierry Marx, our 2 Michelin star gourmet restaurant is an extraordinary treat. I am sorry you did not get to experience this time and can only wish that another visit among us will provide you with the opportunity to make this amazing discovery.

We are very grateful for your kind words and support and want to thank you for your tim, we look forward to welcome you back among us.

Best Regards,

Majbritt Iaconis
Hotel Manager

Been to Mandarin Oriental, Paris? Share your experiences!