“Simply the best in Paris” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mandarin Oriental, Paris

You added Mandarin Oriental, Paris to your Saves list
Mandarin Oriental, Paris
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   251 Rue Saint-Honore, 75001 Paris, France (Louvre / Palais-Royal)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #9 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Simply the best in Paris”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Was looking forward to visiting Paris and trying somewhere new. The Mandarin Oriental was outstanding. From the personal welcome of the General Manager to the wave goodbye from the Concierge our time at the hotel was such a pleasure. As you would expect, stylish design, thoughtful facilities but the service from all the team was perhaps the best I have ever experienced. Make sure you try cocktails and dinner in the garden. Great location for shopping, sightseeing and meeting friends. We will certainly be back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
MOPAR_11, Directeur général at Mandarin Oriental, Paris, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear guest,

The pleasure was ours and your comments and trust humble us. I will very gladly pass on your positive feedback to our whole staff.

Thank you very much for your time and for sharing your experience with us, we truly apreciate it and we look forward to your next visit.

Philippe Leboeuf

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

An Oasis in the heart of Paris. Upon arrival a birthday cake and bottle of Bollinger as a gift for my wife's birthday. It does not get any better than that! It is the attention to detail that makes this hotel shine. And of course the location which is excellent. Well done, it was a pleasure to stay in your modern hotel and we will be back again next week.

Room Tip: Great cocktails!!!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
MOPAR_11, Hotel Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Paris, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Stephen,

The pleasure was ours, it was lovely to welcome your wife and yourself last week. This kind of special occasion has to be aknowledged and celebrated. We were glad to contribute in our way.

Thank you very much for this very kind comment, we appreciate your time and we do look forward to your return among us on Wednesday.

Majbritt Iaconis
Hotel Manager
Rotterdam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

There is only one word that I can use to describe the hotel, EXCEPTIONAL. At arrival, I was welcomed by the General Manager himself. Compared to the other MO hotels that I have stayed in, in Asia, this hotel is much smaller but the service I received WOWed me. The MO personal service and attention to their guests is the best in the hotel industry.
When we went out shopping with our car we got complementary bottled water in the car. The valet parking went smoothly as well. These small but attentive things made our stay in MO Paris even more pleasant.
We stayed in a deluxe room which was very spacious and well designed, the really gorgeous kingsize bed was heaven at the end of a long day shopping. The room had a full range of amenities. The room had the most up to date technology installed.
Highly recommend to all to try out this hotel. Our next visit will be to try out their 2 Michelin Star Restaurant, Sur Mesure.

Bali
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Decided to spend 2 nights in this little oasis in the middle of Paris!
The elegance and decor of the hotel starts as you enter the lobby. The modern Asian feeling fits perfectly with the building and immediately sets you up in a calm mood following a hectic day of visiting Paris.
The rooms are spacious, bathroom amenities are amongst the best I have experienced and the room technology is as good as it can gets in a 5*luxury hotel. The attention to details and staff professionalism is felt throughout the hotel.
The gym and the Spa are probably the best city hotel facilities I have experienced in Europe.
Will certainly come back as unfortunately "Sur mesure" restaurant was closed in August!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
MOPAR_11, Hotel Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Paris, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write and share about your recent stay at our property.

Paris does have so much to offer... only a peaceful retreat can allow our valued visitors to make the most of the city. I am very glad that your own experience met these expectations.

Our staff and I look forward to your next visit.

Majbritt Iaconis
Hotel Manager
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

One of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. The service and attention the staff gave us was nothing short of extraordinary. The best concierge desk I have ever dealt with made Paris itself so much better.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

My wife and I travel often and stay in top notch places around the world. We stayed at the Mandarin Oriental in Paris for four nights and departed for Provence with a plan to return to Paris in a week and stay at the Shagri-la. We have cancelled the Shangri-la and have rebooked our stay for the Mandarin. Our overview... we were warmly greeted and quickly taken for a tour of the hotel and to our room. Check in is in your room and not in the lobby. The rooms are very comfortable, extremely well kept and very well appointed. Our room was a deluxe with balcony. The rooms are very well insulated... you could not hear a peep. The spa was absolutely outstanding. I had an 80 minute massage and my wide had a facial... both were as good as you get. Breakfast... well... it's to die for. We looked forward to it each day. The selection was far and wide on the buffet and the menu options were significant. The service at this property is second to none. They simply could not do enough for us, and any guest we witnessed interactions with. When I needed to print something from my email, they offered to bring a printer to my room (I turned that down, though). The location is central to many of the sights and shopping one could want. Great, great location. Check out was swift and transportation to the airport was waiting. So we are in Provence at the moment and are looking forward to our return visit to the Mardarin next week for another three nights. Overall, I rate this one of the best hotels we have enjoyed.

Room Tip: Room 213 has a great balcony and is well located within the hotel.
Boston area, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I am rating it 5 stars because the lobby and rooms are so relaxing and the Camelia restaurant is a lovely oasis. It was lovely to eat outside. However, the service and room had pros and cons, especially compared to equally expensive hotels like the Peninsula in NY, where I stayed a few weeks ago. On the plus side, when I needed a suit pressed or shirt cleaned quickly, they moved quickly (I came to Paris for a lunch meeting, but that started a negotiation that I needed to move on quickly so had to extend my stay). But, the bathroom was separated from the bedroom by a translucent wall and light in the bathroom filtered into the bedroom through this wall. There was a TV in the bathroom that I needed to turn off and there was no remote control to do so (and no way to do it manually). I asked for a remote control on the second night of my stay and didn't get it that night or the next night. I also had to leave for a meeting at 2 PM and sat down for lunch with 2 colleagues at the Camelia restaurant and told them that I needed to leave quickly. A fourth colleague joined and ordered. At 1:55, I was able to summon someone over and they were holding my meal to wait for the preparation of my colleague's meal. Just didn't get the idea that someone might need to leave on a schedule. These seem like slip-ups for a place that charges 900 euros a night. I also stayed on previous trips at the Westin Vendome and the Renaissance Paris Vendome, both of which are nearby. The Mandarin is more elegant and much calmer but I am not sure it merits a 400+ euro price differential.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to Mandarin Oriental, Paris? Share your experiences!