“Luxury and Excellent Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mandarin Oriental, Paris

You added Mandarin Oriental, Paris to your Saves list
Mandarin Oriental, Paris
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   251 Rue Saint-Honore, 75001 Paris, France (Louvre / Place Vendôme)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Daily Dining / Spa Credit
Ranked #9 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
London, United Kingdom
“Luxury and Excellent Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Stayed here for a weekend in August and it is one of the best hotels that I have stayed at. The service was amazing and they paid great attention to detail. I loved the check in process which was done in your room with welcome drinks and fruits/pastries. I also liked the fact that you are greeted each time you come across a member of staff, it made me feel so welcome.
Both dinner and breakfast at Camélia was a pleasurable experience. The staff at the hotel are extremely nice and helpful, on Saturday morning they allowed me to check out at a later time as my train back to London was later on in the day. They even recommended a great place to buy some macaroons before I left and might I say that they were the best macaroons I have ever had!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
MOPAR_11, Hotel Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Paris, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear guest,

Exeprience of "luxury" and "attention to detail" is what our dedicated staff strive for on a daily basis.

Allow me thank you on their behalf and on my own for your time and kind words. We truly hope to see you back soon at our property.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

We almost had our trip to Paris ruined by our first nights stay at another hotel that was terrible. We stumbled upon the mandarin and it saved out trip. They were well aware of the troubles we encountered prior to arriving there, and did everything possible to make sure it did not continue. Will look for a mandarin hotel anywhere I travel from now on.

• Stayed August 2013
MOPAR_11, Hotel Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Paris, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear guest,

It is wonderful to read that your trip turned out to be a success in the end. And I am glad that our staff contributed to enhance your Parisian experience.

Thank you for your time in writing this review and for your support.

We look forward to your next visit among us.

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We booked our trip via American Express to the Mandarin Oriental in Paris - this was directly upon the advise of an amex concierge who had stayed in the hotel.

We were not disappointed - the hotel has an wonderful location and surroundings but the quality of the staff put this hotel in a league of it's own. Our room was not fully prepared for arrival but the staff made sure that while we waited to get the keys we had refreshments, use of the spa, papers and even offered to book and recommend a restaurant for lunch if we did not choose to eat it. The personal touch made us feel like regular/VIP guests although it was our first stay here.

Once we were all checked in the hotel brought up a birthday treat for my partner, we had not mentioned her birthday to the hotel directly but, once again, the special touches make it all worth while.

Out room type - a Mandarin Terrace Room was simply perfect, the private, garden facing terrace was all we could have wished for. We opted to eat room service on the terrace for the second night of our stay and I don't think that I've ever had a better service or quality of food.

Overall the Mandarin Oriental, Paris is truly a special place to be, it's one of the only hotels I have been to that I wish I could stay for longer.

If you stay in Paris and miss this little gem then I highly recommend you look at it next time you are there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
MOPAR_11, Directeur général at Mandarin Oriental, Paris, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Mr. Middleton,

Let me express how grateful I am for the time you dedicated to this review.

Please know that my staff and I are humbled by your kindness and in a few words: Thank you.

Do not hesitate to let me know of your next visit in Paris, hopefully it will be among us again.

With kindest regards,

Philippe Leboeuf
New Canaan, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I have been fortuante to stay at many of the best hotels in Paris over the last 35 years and I feel very comfortable ranking this hotel as one of my all-time favorites to stay with. The front desk service and welcome from Charlotte von Maltzan and her staff was truly warm and kind. The concierge staff was on top of every request including a last minute dinner reservation arrangement that only these experts could pull-off and every employee we interacted with from the bellman to housekeepers was polite and courteous and always with a smile. Our family was fortunate to get some inside tips on restaurants and places to visit from the General Manager Philippe Leboeuf who must work 24/7 we saw him regularly every day including the weekends he was incredibly kind to us. The rooms are all well appointed, new and offer plenty of space I personally love the entire hospitality package offered by this great hotel located in the middle of it all.

Room Tip: Stay in a room located on the higher floors if you are facing the courtyard.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
MOPAR_11, Hotel Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Paris, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for this amazing review!

It is always so rewarding for us to benefit from such a great feedback. Let me ad that we are honoured it comes from a traveller with an extensive knowledge of our city.

I am very glad you could feel the strong commitment of all our staff and managers. All yearn to contribute to help our guests discover all the very best Paris has to offer.

It was a pleasure welcoming you and your family and I can only wish you will all soon return.

Biloxi, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Mandarin Oriental was my first hotel during my on going trip to Europe. I do not thing there are many top say about Paris, as it is really one of the greatest cities of Europe. When this is a combination of a stay at Mandarin the experience could not be better.
Mandarin is a 2 years old hotel located at the most upscale area of Paris. The rooms are just lovely with superb decoration and classy design. The hotel staff excellent. They are always there when you ask for anything. This hotel is truly luxurious. The rooms have good size for the American standards. Cleanness at the highest levels. I already miss Paris and Mandarin hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stayed at this lovely hotel last week-end. It was chic, modern, discreetly luxurious and beautifully decorated. It has a lovely courtyard garden where you can eat and have drinks under the trees; a nice cocktail bar and a very pleasant spa and pool. The rooms are beautifully and thoughtfully decorated, with comfortable beds and great pillows; luxurious, high thread count sheets, cleverly designed room features and great lighting. The service was excellent; the staff were professional, pleasant and extremely helpful. Paris was in the middle of a heat wave when we stayed and the hotel became our haven of coolness and calm after walking around the city. A wonderful place to stay.

Room Tip: We had a superior room overlooking rue St Honore. It was quiet and peaceful.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
MOPAR_11, Hotel Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Paris, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear Susie,

It looks like you were able to make the best of your stay among us. It is true that our camelia garden turns out to be a real shelter when the weather is so dry.

We actually like to describe our property as an "oasis of serenity". It seems like you experienced it first-hand.

Thank you for your kind words. We look forward to welcoming you back at Mandarin Oriental, Paris wether it rains or sunshines.

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

The minute you step in to Mandarin Oriental it is a place of beauty and wonder. The location couldn't be anymore perfect! The staffs were very welcoming and very helpful...just impeccable service that one would like to experience from a 5 star hotel. The decor was tastefully done. I loved the modern feel of the room and the cleanliness. If you would like to experience the luxury you will not be disappointed here! A bit pricey but it was worth it!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
MOPAR_11, Hotel Director at Mandarin Oriental, Paris, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Linlee,

Thank you for your kind words and your time.

I am very glad that you made the best of our exquisite location on rue Saint Honoré. And I must admit it is very touching to read that your experience was one of “beauty and wonder”.

We truly look forward to welcoming you back among us.

Hotel Director

Been to Mandarin Oriental, Paris? Share your experiences!