“Finally a top Asian style service in a Parisian palace ...Good News” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mandarin Oriental, Paris

You added Mandarin Oriental, Paris to your Saves list
Mandarin Oriental, Paris
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   251 Rue Saint-Honore, 75001 Paris, France (Louvre / Palais-Royal)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #9 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
Shanghai, China
“Finally a top Asian style service in a Parisian palace ...Good News”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

I strongly recommend Paris latest palace edition where I found the best service I ever experienced in my favorite city, without attitude (for a change), actually in a cool and fun ambiance that started from the get-go with a complimentary glass of champagne at check-in. The garden patio is the place to be at cocktail hour or for dinner with friends, and in my case with clients who enjoyed it much.The room offers a lavish sitting area that could be called a junior suite in any luxury hotel. The bathroom was amazing with separate "his & hers" sink, and the shower of amazing size had a fog-free mirror allowing fine shaving and shampoo without being blind. How's that for details ! I almost forgot how relaxing it was watching the news on TV from your tub ... Overall I found it a very good value for that class of hotel, in a prime location, a good surprise actually .

Room Tip: Third floor rooms are very silent, the street view is fun and always full of action
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I have always thought of the hotels in Paris as slightly stuffy... that was until this weekend when I stayed at the Mandarin Oriental - by far and away the best hotel in Paris.

The hotel is in a great location (Rue Saint-Honore), the rooms are spacious and well decorated, it has an amazing spa, pool, gym etc etc and FANTASTIC SERVICE

Great weekend - thank you Mandarin Oriental

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
MOPAR_11, Sales & Marketing Coordinator at Mandarin Oriental, Paris, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to reviewing your experience at Mandarin Oriental, Paris.

Your kind comments humble us and it will be our pleasure to share them among our dedicated staff.

Thank you for staying with us, we look forward to seeing you again in beautiful Paris.

Mumbai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

What can be better in Paris than to stay on Rue St Honore, where the uber-premium shopping is, and just a stone's throw away from Place de la Concorde, Jardin de Tuileries and the Louvre? Some of the rooms and the entire terrace area have a fab view of the Eiffel tower too!

I loved my room, tastefully done in ecru and various shades of fuchsia. A beautiful flatscreen that detached from the wall and angled itself for perfect viewing from the bed, a bath tub with a TV screen in front of it, and a very cozily designed bathroom were the exciting amenities.

I was very touched by the thoughtfulness of the housekeeping staff, who brought in a bookmark when they saw I had left a book lying around.

The Camelia restaurant offers indoor as well as al fresco dining. I chose the outdoors of course and had a lovely breakfast in the sunshine on a brisk May morning. Dinner in the outside area can get a bit chilly though, especially if you're going to be out past nine pm in May as I was.

The bar, spa and the lobby are up to speed, in keeping with the fact that this is a relatively new hotel in Paris (less than a year old).

The concierge desk is really helpful and helps you plan your time in Paris very efficiently. Lots of options for kids too.

The price is certainly steep and I could only enjoy this stay as I was invited there on work! But for those who want a really luxurious stay in Paris, this one is a great option.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

The motto EAST MEETS WEST is accomplished in the whole hotel (starting with the lobby, the design of the rooms, the menue of the restaurant and ending in the great bar). The location of the restaurant and bar in the courtyard is simply great. The gym and the pool are better than the state of the art. The staff is extremly friendly and helpful. I have never experienced something similar.The rooms are impressive, My wife (she did not want to leave the hotel) and I spent a very nice time there.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
MOPAR_11, Sales & Marketing Coordinator at Mandarin Oriental, Paris, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Dear client,

Thank you so much for taking the time to reviewing our property.

We are delighted to learn that your overall experience at Mandarin Oriental, Paris was so pleasant. Your kind comments will be shared among our staff.

We look forward to welcoming your wife and yourself soon again,

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

I travel very frequently to Paris and have stayed in many of the top hotels (Le Meurice, Bristol, Westin, Park Hyatt etc) but the Mandarin is simply the best by far. Great location and super-chic rooms done with great style as the Mandarin does best. Very tasteful Asian themed room design with state-of-the-art light controls and great B&O TV. Fantasic rain shower and bathroom. Like most Paris hotels the rooms are not huge but they have made great use of the space. Gym is one of the best I've seen in any hotel anywhere and there is also a fantastic pool (although I didn't use it). Did not eat at any of the restaurants although had breakfast which was ok but nothing amazing (room is quite small). Courtyard looks very nice for outside dining in the evening. Staff are quite friendly by Paris standards. All in all for the same price as Le Meurice it beats it hands down. Whenever our corporate rate is showing pricing in line with the alternatives I now stay here. Simply the best you can get in Paris.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
MOPAR_11, Sales & Marketing Coordinator at Mandarin Oriental, Paris, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback with use. We are very grateful for your time.

It is a pleasure to read that your recent stay at Mandarin Oriental, Paris met your expectations and that we can count you among our returning guests.

We will share your review with our teams and we look forward to your next visit among us.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

This is so far the most impressive hotel I have stayed at yet. From the moment I arrived at the entrance of the hotel, the staff could not do enough for us. The concierge, the check-in staff, the restaurant staff, the bar staff, the reception staff, the cleaners; they were all extremely helpful and courteous.
I stayed in a deluxe room and it was beautiful. The décor was beautiful. The size of the room was extremely generous. The little welcome treats were a lovely touch as was the turn-down service.
We ate in the Camelia restaurant and the food was divine. I have a couple of food allergies of which the hotel was pre-advised of & every dish that was brought out to me, the restaurant staff assured me that it didn't contain the ingredients that I was allergic to.
We also had a cocktail in Bar 8 which was also delicious. You could even have cocktails that was not featured on the cocktail menu...which I did! Nothing was too much trouble for the staff.
The location of the hotel was great also.
A truly magical experience at a wonderful 5* hotel and I would love to return one day.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
MOPAR_11, Directeur général at Mandarin Oriental, Paris, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
Dear Guest,

On behalf of our teams, I would like to thank you for taking the time to reviewing your experience at our property.

Feedbacks from our valued guests are critical in our endeavour to provide the best service and facilities and we feel humbled by your kind comments.

Thank you for your appreciation, we look forward to welcoming you back soon at Mandarin Oriental, Paris.

With kind regards,

Philippe Leboeuf
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

I stayed at the hotel for a few days in March. The service was impeccable, and the lovely Diptyque scent for the toiletry and also from candles everywhere in the hotel was just lovely. I wish I can purchase the scent from Diptyque, but it is only for the Paris MO.

Breakfast was amazing, and room service, although a bit pricey, was delicious. Housekeeping, valet, front desk staff were all friendly. The location is unbeatable, surrounded by shops and a few steps from many tourist sites.

The only complaint I have is the bathroom. There is no handle in the shower/bathroom, and as the floor is a smooth white marble, it does get quite slippery, and one has to be careful or will fall down easily. Also, the shower door pushes out, and when you put the shower mat close to the door, it gets pushed away whenever the door is opened.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Dear guest,

Our valued clients’ feedback is essential in our effort to offer the best quality of service and features.

Thank you for providing us with your input. Please rest assured that your comments will be reviewed.

It is also a great pleasure to read that you fully experienced our exquisite location on rue Saint-Honoré.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Sales & Marketing Coordinator

Been to Mandarin Oriental, Paris? Share your experiences!