“Great experience in the hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mandarin Oriental, Paris

You added Mandarin Oriental, Paris to your Saves list
Mandarin Oriental, Paris
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   251 Rue Saint-Honore, 75001 Paris, France (Louvre / Place Vendôme)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Complimentary Wifi
Ranked #9 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Dublin
“Great experience in the hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

The motto EAST MEETS WEST is accomplished in the whole hotel (starting with the lobby, the design of the rooms, the menue of the restaurant and ending in the great bar). The location of the restaurant and bar in the courtyard is simply great. The gym and the pool are better than the state of the art. The staff is extremly friendly and helpful. I have never experienced something similar.The rooms are impressive, My wife (she did not want to leave the hotel) and I spent a very nice time there.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
MOPAR_11, Sales & Marketing Coordinator at Mandarin Oriental, Paris, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Dear client,

Thank you so much for taking the time to reviewing our property.

We are delighted to learn that your overall experience at Mandarin Oriental, Paris was so pleasant. Your kind comments will be shared among our staff.

We look forward to welcoming your wife and yourself soon again,

Sales & Marketing Coordinator

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

I travel very frequently to Paris and have stayed in many of the top hotels (Le Meurice, Bristol, Westin, Park Hyatt etc) but the Mandarin is simply the best by far. Great location and super-chic rooms done with great style as the Mandarin does best. Very tasteful Asian themed room design with state-of-the-art light controls and great B&O TV. Fantasic rain shower and bathroom. Like most Paris hotels the rooms are not huge but they have made great use of the space. Gym is one of the best I've seen in any hotel anywhere and there is also a fantastic pool (although I didn't use it). Did not eat at any of the restaurants although had breakfast which was ok but nothing amazing (room is quite small). Courtyard looks very nice for outside dining in the evening. Staff are quite friendly by Paris standards. All in all for the same price as Le Meurice it beats it hands down. Whenever our corporate rate is showing pricing in line with the alternatives I now stay here. Simply the best you can get in Paris.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
MOPAR_11, Sales & Marketing Coordinator at Mandarin Oriental, Paris, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback with use. We are very grateful for your time.

It is a pleasure to read that your recent stay at Mandarin Oriental, Paris met your expectations and that we can count you among our returning guests.

We will share your review with our teams and we look forward to your next visit among us.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

This is so far the most impressive hotel I have stayed at yet. From the moment I arrived at the entrance of the hotel, the staff could not do enough for us. The concierge, the check-in staff, the restaurant staff, the bar staff, the reception staff, the cleaners; they were all extremely helpful and courteous.
I stayed in a deluxe room and it was beautiful. The décor was beautiful. The size of the room was extremely generous. The little welcome treats were a lovely touch as was the turn-down service.
We ate in the Camelia restaurant and the food was divine. I have a couple of food allergies of which the hotel was pre-advised of & every dish that was brought out to me, the restaurant staff assured me that it didn't contain the ingredients that I was allergic to.
We also had a cocktail in Bar 8 which was also delicious. You could even have cocktails that was not featured on the cocktail menu...which I did! Nothing was too much trouble for the staff.
The location of the hotel was great also.
A truly magical experience at a wonderful 5* hotel and I would love to return one day.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
MOPAR_11, Directeur général at Mandarin Oriental, Paris, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
Dear Guest,

On behalf of our teams, I would like to thank you for taking the time to reviewing your experience at our property.

Feedbacks from our valued guests are critical in our endeavour to provide the best service and facilities and we feel humbled by your kind comments.

Thank you for your appreciation, we look forward to welcoming you back soon at Mandarin Oriental, Paris.

With kind regards,

Philippe Leboeuf
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

I stayed at the hotel for a few days in March. The service was impeccable, and the lovely Diptyque scent for the toiletry and also from candles everywhere in the hotel was just lovely. I wish I can purchase the scent from Diptyque, but it is only for the Paris MO.

Breakfast was amazing, and room service, although a bit pricey, was delicious. Housekeeping, valet, front desk staff were all friendly. The location is unbeatable, surrounded by shops and a few steps from many tourist sites.

The only complaint I have is the bathroom. There is no handle in the shower/bathroom, and as the floor is a smooth white marble, it does get quite slippery, and one has to be careful or will fall down easily. Also, the shower door pushes out, and when you put the shower mat close to the door, it gets pushed away whenever the door is opened.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
MOPAR_11, Sales & Marketing Coordinator at Mandarin Oriental, Paris, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Dear guest,

Our valued clients’ feedback is essential in our effort to offer the best quality of service and features.

Thank you for providing us with your input. Please rest assured that your comments will be reviewed.

It is also a great pleasure to read that you fully experienced our exquisite location on rue Saint-Honoré.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

Even given the infancy of this hotel it was truly impressive! Everything about my stay was simply perfection - from the amazing Spa treatment, the friendliness and personal interactions with the bar guys, to the room service, the outstanding housekeeping staff, and the valet guys who jumped to my attention at a moment's notice!! Beautiful entrance, lobby & rooms - can't say enough! The obvious relationship building efforts by the entire hotel team made it a clear choice for me when I next visit Paris! Thank you for your warm & wonderful hospitality!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us regarding your recent stay at our Mandarin Oriental, Paris.

We are delighted that your experience met your expectations and we will gladly pass on your kind words to our staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Mandarin Oriental, Paris.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

I came back a few weeks ago from this hotel. I have to say it was just simply an incredible experience and worth every penny.
Having stayed at many dissapointing hotels in Paris, I had given up on finding a good hotel in this city. I have to say this exceeds any expectations I had from the Mandarin Hotels.
Not only it is central and in one of the best locations of Paris. Once you are inside it is like an Asian Parisian oasis. All the chic of the French capital, all the comfort of the best Asian hotel.
Our room was simply beautiful with once of the best showers I have seen in a long time. Great views to the beautiful internal garden and so quiet you would forget you are in centre of Paris!
The stuff were polite, caring without being overwhelming... just a pure oasis that makes you forget about the world. The spa and swming pool will make you not want to leave!
We were there for a weekend but it felt like a really long holiday..... I just hope one day I will be able to return.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

Stay over during a work trip. Every single one of us had its own staff to check us in and show us to our room!!!
The room was spacious, bright, overlooking the courtyard. Just fantastic.
The staff was amazing, very friendly and ever so helpful!!
The Food and beverage outlets were very clean. The food was amazing. The breakfast (despite being EUR52) was excellent.
Location is great. 10mns walk from the bottom of the Champs elysees, Place Concorde!!
If you want to impress, the MO is the place to be!!!

Dear client,

We would like to thank you for sharing your comments with us regarding your stay at our property.

It is a pleasure to read that your experience was enjoying and we will pass on your kind words to our staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Mandarin Oriental, Paris.

Sales & Marketing Coordinator

Been to Mandarin Oriental, Paris? Share your experiences!