“Visited yesterday for Anniversary Dinner- service impeccable” 4 of 5 stars

+33 1 53434300
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
Le 114 Faubourg is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 13,398 Restaurants in Paris
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Portsmouth, England, United Kingdom
“Visited yesterday for Anniversary Dinner- service impeccable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

Myself and my partner tried to book in to Epicure, however they were fully booked so we booked for this restaurant.
Service was impeccable, very friendly service and good ambience.
The food is quite expensive, as we found most things in Paris! We both had the fish and chips which was amazing! We had sparkling water and my partner had a beer, then we both had mixed pudding with a coffee. Total price was £118.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hotel Le Bristo... P, Directeur de la Restauration at Le 114 Faubourg, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear Guest,

We do thank you for your gracious comments regarding your recent experience within the 114 Faubourg.

It is a pleasure to read that your anniversary dinner was a success, even if you could not succeed in booking our 3 star Michelin restaurant Epicure, and that you seemed to appreciate so much the service, the quality of food and the overall ambience.

We do hope that in the end, you spent a memorable anniversary dinner, and that it will entice you to come back to celebrate even more milestones.

Warm regards,

Kevin Chambenoit.
Food & Beverage Director.

• Polish first
Oslo, Norway
“New trends in french cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

I ate there with my better half and it is one of the best experiences I've had in a while.
The service is incredible as soon as your taxi parks in front of the hotel (114 Faubourg is attached to Le Bristol hotel). A portier gets you out of the car and guides you nicely to the restaurant where you are welcomed by a warm and friendly staff.

The food itself is quite amazing and reflects the latest tendencies in french cuisine, that is using french techniques with foreign styles and flavors. The lobster starter is a typical example of a mexican/french fusion. The lightly lime poached lobster is served on a guacamole with contains small pieces of crispy bacon and nachos and a bit of coriander. While you get what you expect in terms of taste, the subtle crisp from the bacon and nachos counter quite perfectly the creaminess of the guacamole. An absolute delight.
The paté en croûte was perfectly layered and each layer was just perfectly balanced. For livers' lovers though!
For the main dish, I went with the Sea scallops served on a charlotte risotto. While I pretty much knew that the scallops would be cooked to perfection, i was really curious about the potato risotto. While I can't imagine the time spent on the mise en place for that dish (cutting potatoes to the size of a grain of rice...), I have to say that the texture was close to a regular risotto while keeping the crunch of the potatoes. Even though I thought it was brilliant, my wife was left perplex. I guess it has to do with the fact that she was expecting something closer to an actual risotto.
Her dish, the pancetta/parmesan crusted veal chop was to die for. Perfect cooking, melting pinky meat served with rosmarin and a slightly lemony polenta made for what was just the best piece of veal I ever had.

Concerning the desert, while the pastry chef is renowned and I tried his signature dish, the mille-feuille, I have to say that I was left a bit disappointed. Perfect puff pastry, delicious salty caramel and excellent vanilla ice cream but the creme patissière was closer to vanilla foam than a cream and did taste less than the ice cream itself.

A quick word on wines, the choice is quite limited but tasteful and prices are more than decent compared to other establishment of the same price range.

I'm terrible with names but Julien (I apologize if that's the wrong name), a young waiter there took some time to actually talk with us about food and his vision of the evolution of the french cuisine and was really insightful.

I can't say I liked the design of the restaurant itself but this is the kind of place where food is the main focus anyway.
i think it's also worth mentioning the the dress code is casual smart so wearing a suit is not a requirement. That's always good to know for people going there after a long flight for example.

My only regret is that we didn't have enough space to try the cote-de-boeuf (rib eye) as it looked absolutely delicious.

Thanks to the whole staff for a brilliant experience.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hotel Le Bristo... P, Directeur de la Restauration at Le 114 Faubourg, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for the time spent on this comment on TripAdvisor website.

How could we be so grateful after reading your words! And our Chef Eric Desbordes first.

He was absolutely delighted to read how you describe and analyze his cuisine and the daily work of his team.

His vision, and it’s true for most of the Chefs, is that French cuisine is enhanced by so many influences and that’s a chance.

I have to say I am sorry about your feeling regarding the mille-feuille. As you mentioned, it is one of the signature dessert by Laurent Jeannin and we can understand that the interpretation of it could be surprising.

Thank you also for your vision about the wines which represent Marco Pelletier’ vision, our chef Sommelier.

And finally, the last words for Julien who asked me to tell you that he remembered so well your discussion and how much he did appreciate time you spent together.

We hope that Norway won’t be too far for you to come and visit us as soon as you can and do not hesitate to let us, Julien will be pleased to book your table himself.

Best reagrds.

Food & Beverage Director
“A gastronomic delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

Wow, simply stunning! The restaurant in unpretentious and relaxed, the service is excellent and the food is amazing. The wine menu is spectacular too. Please try the lobster starter. One of the best meals I've ever had.

Visited December 2013
Hotel Le Bristo... P, Directeur de la Restauration at Le 114 Faubourg, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Dear guest,

First of all, thank you for your recent comment posted on TripAdvisor.

You could imagine how good it is for the team to read your words about your 114 Faubourg experience.

We are so delighted that all the part of your meal overtopped your expectations such as cuisine, service and wines.

Thanks again for your recommendations and we are looking forward to welcoming you whenever you wish.

Best regards.

Paris, France
“Astonishing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

I just ate lunch with my wife at 114 Faubourg and it was excellent.
The service from start to finish was relaxed, competent and with the sort of genuine warmth that only comes from happy, well trained staff.
We were swiftly ushered to a spacious table in an elegant room and although I am a fluent French speaker, there was no shortage of offers to speak English and a menu in English. The restaurant was full but service was not slow.
The style is traditional high-end French cuisine, simple but with a modern touch.
Modern to me meaning beautifully presented, light, a touch of theatre, a portion for someone that wants to eat and something surprising.
It really didn’t disappoint on any level.
The first course was a buttery smooth piece of beef in a delicious rich jus, some wonderful puree potatoes and an astonishing watercress sauce. It looked and tasted beautiful.
For the dessert I had the millefeuille and it was a triumph. I must have had at least 100 in my life so it’s difficult to surprise me but this one did with its salty caramel and the lightest, crispest pastry I’ve ever had. Really astonishing.
This was one of the best meals I have ever had and he best I’ve had in the 20 or so years I've lived in Paris.
We paid 140 euros for two main courses, two desserts a good wine and coffee, and I think that is very good value for a meal that will live with me for a very long time.
Congratulations and a big thank you to all the staff.
I unreservedly recommend this excellent restaurant.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hotel Le Bristo... P, Directeur de la Restauration at Le 114 Faubourg, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear Bob,

Thank you so much for the time you spent posting your comment on TripAdvisor website.
You could easily imagine how pleasant it was for the team to read your words.

You express so well our vision of service with sincere and humble young team who still wish to offer the best.

Regarding Eric Desbordes’s cuisine, it is all the same : nice products, simply prepared but nicely presented.

And what to say about the Laurent Jeannin’s millefeuille? We tried to remove it from the menu but it was such a crime for our guests that in now part of our heritage.

Once again, thank you for your sincerity and be assured that we are deeply delighted to see that your experience at 114 Faubourg was one of the most memorable in your life.

Do not hesitate to come and visit us. We will always be happy to welcome you as one of our great Ambassador.

Best regards,

Kevin Chambenoit
“Good place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

This place has two level the ground level is not as loud as the first level. I suggest you go for the first level. The food is very good and the service is even better. You have to try the deserts they have.

Hotel Le Bristo... P, Directeur de la Restauration at Le 114 Faubourg, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the comment you wrote on TripAdvisor.

Our Chef Eric Desbordes and the service team are delighted that you appreciate their French cuisine and service and will be ready to share again their passion with you whenever you want.

Sincerely yours