“Impeccable & Perfect!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Le Burgundy

You added Hotel Le Burgundy to your Saves list
Hotel Le Burgundy
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6-8 Rue Duphot, 75001 Paris, France (Louvre / Palais-Royal)   |
Ranked #109 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Miami, Florida
“Impeccable & Perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

This hotel was the perfect place for our romantic weekend week in Paris...the location is excellent; the personnel in the hotel were very helpful, serviceable and kind. The interior decoration was warm; it felt like home. Last but not least you are in the middle of Paris therefore we could walk very easily to all the great places in Paris, you couldn’t ask for more. Our stay at “Le Burgundy” was lovely and we will always remember it beautifully.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Indonesian first
Oudenaarde
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This hotel contributed for sure to the most romantic weekend of my life so far! The personnel, the interior decoration, the service... just in one word: amazing!
We came by car and the staff took care of it for parking it safely. The room was very lovely and quiet. You are really in the middle of Paris centre, and can walk easily to all the great places in Paris, which was lovely!
Breakfast was very nice! The buffet wasn't very big, but we had more than enough!

Room Tip: we had the junior suite, with view on the inner court yard. It was a very quiet room.
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

My husband and I travel to Paris 3 or 4 times a year and have been trying out different hotels each time, but this is the only one we will use from now on. Right from arrival the service was impeccable. The deluxe room was a delight, beautifully appointed and the most comfortable bed. Lovely buffet breakfast in the price and we had exclusive use of the pool and jacuzzi each morning, a great way to start a days shopping. Location is fantastic, just off st honore, 10 minutes from the louvre and the department stores and also just off place Madeleine with all the beautiful chocolate shops. it's not the cheapest hotel around but its well worth that little extra (and it is only a little)

london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at this gem of a hotel in the heart of Paris for one night on the 12/02/2013 and absolutely loved. We stayed in Room 205 and it was a lovely little room. A bit small but more than adequate for two people. Upon our arrival the lady in reception was very welcoming and made us feel at ease. She showed us to our room and gave us instructions on how everything worked. We had booked a valentine's package and our champagne was on ice, beautiful cake in our room and macaroons and other sweets also provided in the room.

The concierge was also helpful in booking our restaurant at the Hyatt but he got the wrong Hyatt but I think it was more my fault as I think I got them muddled up but there was no harm done as we still managed to eat there. When we returned from dinner we took full advantage of the spa facilities. The pool was superb. We were the only ones and most of the times we looked in it was empty. Loved it.

The only thing that went wrong was that when we returned to our room, one of the doors leading to our room had shut which meant that we couldn't get to our room but after a few giggles and laughter between ourselves two gentlemen came to our rescue promptly. To be fair this was such a minor detail, it's hardly worth mentioning and in no way detracted from our fab stay!!!!

Breakfast was also very nice with full supply of cold meats, smoked salmon, cereals, croissants, yoghurts and so forth. The staff were ever so attentive and they even smiled when I snuck out with a pot of their lovely yoghurt.

Overall I would describe this as a quaint boutique hotel in the middle of Paris which has highly attentive staff who make you feel welcome and attend to your every whim and for that alone my girlfriend have found ourselves a new base in Paris. Thank you to the Burgundy Hotel!!!

Flobecq, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We enjoyed every moment of our stay in this welcoming haven of peace and luxury in the middel of Paris, just steps away from the best shopping street of France.
The staff is very attentive to every detail to make you feel welcome.
The room was tasteful and had every comfort you can wish for.
Dinner in the star rated restaurant was excellent.
Breakfast is as expected, but the staff was overwelmed and not prepared for the number of guests. (we had to sit in the atrium and wait quit some time before anyone noticed us)
The spa is modern and in pertfect condition, nice pool, sauna and hammam, but no cold shower or tub for after the sauna.
BUT: we had a massage and this was just hell.
My wife has bruises all over her legs and arms, I had to take painklillers for two days because my shoulder hurt a lot after this 60 minute session of torture.
Maybe they were inspired by Fifty shades of Grey, but these girls have no clue of what they are doing.(at one point she was pressing her thumb like a madmen into my stomach, what is this ????)
This is a big minus for a Top class hotel with a spa.

No. California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

My husband, 4 year-old daughter and I stayed 4 nights in the Apartment (one BR suite with our own terrace.) Burgundy is, so far, our favorite hotel in Paris. We have stayed at FS George V, Shangri-La, and Hotel de Crillon.

What we liked about our room:
1) My daughter got her own little bathrobe and little slippers. And a "B" teddy bear on her little bed in the sitting room.
2) We can see the blinking lights on the Eiffel Tower (top half anyway) every night at 10 and 11.
3) Massive bathtub with window to the terrace, immaculately clean and beautiful bathroom.
4) The bedroom was so quiet and bed was so comfortable I slept 7 hours straight our first night in Paris, which was pretty rare considering time-zone adjustment.

What we like about the hotel:
1) Everyone was courteous, professional and friendly to us, especially our daughter, which I find is not the norm in other 5-star hotels.
2) We had brunch and also dinner in Le Restaurant and couldn't find any fault with service or quality of the food. They didn't have a children's menu so the friendly and helpful server said the chef will prepare roasted chicken with pasta just for mademoiselle. The chicken was so delicious my daughter declared it was the best chicken she has ever eaten in her life! I agreed and tried to sneak some onto my plate. (The next day she had roasted chicken at a Christian Constant cafe and also declared it was the best, and I also had to agree.)
3) I needed a pedicure and the concierge suggested a "wonderful salon" around the corner and he called them to say that I was heading over in 5 minutes. The salon was full and very busy but the manager sat me down, "would madam prefer champagne or water", and a nail technician showed up in 10 minutes and gave me a great pedicure.
4) Great location - read dpvathens review.
5) The hotel decor is beautiful in an modern artsy way which I like.

I did notice the scented candles in the lobby area that you can smell 5 feet outside the front entrance. Luckily we were not bothered by it but I can understand how that might be a problem for some.

I would definitely stay there again. Everything was expensive but, however, you do get what you pay for. Happy travel!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We stayed in 3 different hotels in Paris for our honeymoon. The Burgundy Hotel, was just excellent all round. Superb staff, very good cognac bar, beautiful room with our own terrace, great location and very well kept hotel throughout. We loved the pool facilities and spa, however the spa is extremely expensive. Drinks in the bar also very expensive. Aside for the cost otherwise a great stay

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple