My husband, 4 year-old daughter and I stayed 4 nights in the Apartment (one BR suite with our own terrace.) Burgundy is, so far, our favorite hotel in Paris. We have stayed at FS George V, Shangri-La, and Hotel de Crillon.
What we liked about our room:
1) My daughter got her own little bathrobe and little slippers. And a "B" teddy bear on her little bed in the sitting room.
2) We can see the blinking lights on the Eiffel Tower (top half anyway) every night at 10 and 11.
3) Massive bathtub with window to the terrace, immaculately clean and beautiful bathroom.
4) The bedroom was so quiet and bed was so comfortable I slept 7 hours straight our first night in Paris, which was pretty rare considering time-zone adjustment.
What we like about the hotel:
1) Everyone was courteous, professional and friendly to us, especially our daughter, which I find is not the norm in other 5-star hotels.
2) We had brunch and also dinner in Le Restaurant and couldn't find any fault with service or quality of the food. They didn't have a children's menu so the friendly and helpful server said the chef will prepare roasted chicken with pasta just for mademoiselle. The chicken was so delicious my daughter declared it was the best chicken she has ever eaten in her life! I agreed and tried to sneak some onto my plate. (The next day she had roasted chicken at a Christian Constant cafe and also declared it was the best, and I also had to agree.)
3) I needed a pedicure and the concierge suggested a "wonderful salon" around the corner and he called them to say that I was heading over in 5 minutes. The salon was full and very busy but the manager sat me down, "would madam prefer champagne or water", and a nail technician showed up in 10 minutes and gave me a great pedicure.
4) Great location - read dpvathens review.
5) The hotel decor is beautiful in an modern artsy way which I like.
I did notice the scented candles in the lobby area that you can smell 5 feet outside the front entrance. Luckily we were not bothered by it but I can understand how that might be a problem for some.
I would definitely stay there again. Everything was expensive but, however, you do get what you pay for. Happy travel!