My husband, 4 year-old daughter and I stayed 4 nights in the Apartment (one BR suite with our own terrace.) Burgundy is, so far, our favorite hotel in Paris. We have stayed at FS George V, Shangri-La, and Hotel de Crillon.
What we liked about our room:
1) My daughter got her own little bathrobe and little slippers. And a "B" teddy bear on her little bed in the sitting room.
2) We can see the blinking lights on the Eiffel Tower (top half anyway) every night at 10 and 11.
3) Massive bathtub with window to the terrace, immaculately clean and beautiful bathroom.
4) The bedroom was so quiet and bed was so comfortable I slept 7 hours straight our first night in Paris, which was pretty rare considering time-zone adjustment.
What we like about the hotel:
1) Everyone was courteous, professional and friendly to us, especially our daughter, which I find is not the norm in other 5-star hotels.
2) We had brunch and also dinner in Le Restaurant and couldn't find any fault with service or quality of the food. They didn't have a children's menu so the friendly and helpful server said the chef will prepare roasted chicken with pasta just for mademoiselle. The chicken was so delicious my daughter declared it was the best chicken she has ever eaten in her life! I agreed and tried to sneak some onto my plate. (The next day she had roasted chicken at a Christian Constant cafe and also declared it was the best, and I also had to agree.)
3) I needed a pedicure and the concierge suggested a "wonderful salon" around the corner and he called them to say that I was heading over in 5 minutes. The salon was full and very busy but the manager sat me down, "would madam prefer champagne or water", and a nail technician showed up in 10 minutes and gave me a great pedicure.
4) Great location - read dpvathens review.
5) The hotel decor is beautiful in an modern artsy way which I like.
I did notice the scented candles in the lobby area that you can smell 5 feet outside the front entrance. Luckily we were not bothered by it but I can understand how that might be a problem for some.
I would definitely stay there again. Everything was expensive but, however, you do get what you pay for. Happy travel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Burgundy is located in central Paris, just 50 metres from Rue Saint-Honoré and its chic boutiques. It offers luxury accommodation with elegant rooms and a Spa & Wellness Centre.Each of the spacious rooms and suites is equipped with air conditioning, flat-screen TV with satellite channels, an iPod dock and free Wi-Fi access.Michelin Star restaurant, Le Baudelaire, is open for lunch and dinner serving contemporary French cuisine. Guests can also sample home-made patisseries in the winter garden or enjoy a drink in the hotel bar.Le Spa Burgundy in partnership with Carita offers its guests free use of the facilities, including an indoor swimming pool, fitness room and Hammam.The famous Champs Elysées is just 300 metres away. Le Jardin de Tuileries and Opera Garnier are in close proximity and easily accessible by foot or Metro. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda, Amex, Splendia, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel and Venere so you can book your Burgundy Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.