“Perfume alert! Not for the scent-sensitive!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Burgundy Hotel

You added Burgundy Hotel to your Saves list
Burgundy Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6-8 Rue Duphot | 1st Arr., 75001 Paris, France (Louvre / Place Vendôme)   |
Ranked #103 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
San Francisco
“Perfume alert! Not for the scent-sensitive!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

Beautiful property, I stayed for 2 nights on business and was upgraded to a suite. Service was a bit inconsistent, generally good but felt more like 4**** than 5. But the biggest problem for me was that the entire property was very heavily perfumed throughout, in all of the public areas as well as my entire suite. I spent all of my evenings elsewhere to avoid it and seriously considered switching hotels. When I say heavily perfumed, I don't mean a few sprays from an atomizer to freshen things up. I mean that several days after I got back home, all of my sweaters and jackets still reeked, and I ending up having to wash or dry clean everything in order to get rid of the scent.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Indonesian first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012 via mobile

Centrally located in shopping area. It's the perfect solution for a short stay in Paris. Rooms are nicely decorated and confortable. Cummon are stilish and very pleasant.

• Stayed March 2012
Moscow, Moscow City, Russia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

I was one night 21-22.02.2012
Design it's very nice. I order breakfast at 7-00 ok. But people start working 7-15. I order taxi for 7-15 of course it came at 7-30. Breakfast for 38 euro it's really nothing to eat . Brrrrrrrrrrr. Tin nightmare service. But design it's super! If you don't care for service welcome!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

Good:

1. Great rooms, stylish design,a very comfortable bed and a bed and bowls for Bertie (our dog).
2. Bulgari toiletries for Mrs G.
3. The Staff. Superb, Dubai-like 6star service, they even walked us to a restaurant a couple of evenings and got us a table when we were a little tired!
4. Lovely luxurious spa, although we only used the steam room and the pool.
5. Superb concierge.
6. Very good wi-fi in the room.
7. Excellent location.

Bad:

1. We only used the restaurant (michelin star) for brekkie one day and it nearly bankrupted us. Perhaps we should've realised! It took a long time and it wasn't that amazing a brekkie considering the inflated price.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

We chose the Burgundy for a 4 day trip to Paris in Summer, mainly for its location (walking distance to Place Concorde with a toddler) and for its offering of a 2 room suite at a reasonable price (we were travelling with a toddler).

Overall the stay was very pleasant.
Our room faced the inner courtyard and was therefore very quiet.
It was also furbished adequately and provided enough space for us three. The bed was a little bit on the soft side for our feeling.

The staff was very helpful and most of time could provide for our wishes. Although the cleaning staff managed to turn up every day during the nap of our toddler despite promises to improve.

The pool is rather small, but fitted our needs. A changing room and showering facilities in the area would improve the experience however.

The continental breakfast was included in our rate and the offering was ok for a French hotel. We upgraded he breakfast every morning to a full breakfast because no dairies were included.

We also appreciated the services for our toddler (free-of-charge buggy and bed provided) and will most certainly return to this hotel if the rates stay as reasonable as they were last summer.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Sugar Land, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

We went to Paris for the weekend and needed 3 rooms just for a Saturday night stay. Since I pay attention to reviews on TripAdvisor, I struggled trying to find hotels that didn't have mixed reviews. When I came upon Le Burgundy I decided to give it a try and I'm glad I did. One of us had the standard room with charming railings overlooking the street for 400 euros, and I had the Junior Suite for 630 euros. Both were large and comfortable by Paris standards. Everything was extremely clean and well maintained.

The staff of the hotel was fantastic. They made us feel welcome, and took care of all our needs. I have no qualms recommending the Burgundy to anyone.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012 via mobile

I get my deluxe room for 400 $ and is really worth it, excellent service nice swimming pool , sauna, hamam. Good location

• Stayed February 2012

Been to Burgundy Hotel? Share your experiences!