“Loved Le Burgundy!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Burgundy Hotel

Save Saved
You added Burgundy Hotel to your Saves list
Burgundy Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6-8 Rue Duphot | 1st Arr., 75001 Paris, France (Louvre / Place Vendôme)   |
Ranked #103 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
Danville, California
“Loved Le Burgundy!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

This was our first stay at Le Burgundy, and our Deluxe Room was superb! My husband loves the Meurice, but I wanted to find a smaller and more intimate hotel on this trip. Now he wants to stay only at Le Burgundy! We loved everything about this hotel, which is expensive, but worth every euro- our quiet, spacious, beautifully decorated room, utterly comfortable bed, blackout drapes, lovely marble bath with separate bath and rain shower, fabulous maid service, complimentary water, petit fours on arrival and Maison du Chocolat candies at turndown, gorgeous heated pool, friendly and efficient concierge service, and fantastic one star restaurant (Le Baudelaire- do not miss it!). Every moment we spent here over our four night stay was a pure pleasure, and the location is wonderful- steps from the Rue du Rivoli, St Honore, and the Madeleine. We didn't try the spa, but the pool was heavenly after hiking around a very warm Paris each day. Nor did we try the breakfast, not with Angelina five minutes away! Not only would we give this hotel our most enthusiastic endorsement to anyone who would listen, we also can't wait to go back.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Indonesian first
Montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

I took my mother to Paris for 5 nights and though I have travelled all over the world and stayed regularly in 5-star hotels, I can honestly say that Le Burgundy has outdone its competition. What makes this hotel so incredible, other than the luxurious surroundings and convenient location, is its impeccable staff. Really. Unsurpassed graciousness and service. I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. And the food at the restaurant was - by far - the most delicious we had anywhere in Paris. My mother and I were treated like royalty by every single staff member - it was as if we were the only ones there. Our waiter at breakfast remembered exactly what we preferred and how - after only one night. The doormen were an example of what every hotel should aspire to.

Nightly piano playing meant that a late afternoon drink at the bar was the perfect end to endless walking through the streets of Paris. Great female jazz player.

The room was huge. My mother and I shared the king-size bed and it was really like having your own bed. The toiletries were great, the lighting was good and the little nightly chocolates were a decadent treat. The only design flaw was in the placement of the mirrors - none was close enough to a plug, making it a bit of a gamble when styling my hair. Also, the only full-length mirror was on the inside of the closet door that didn't open all the way. Having said that, it was quite funny to have to check out my clothes by side-stepping into the closet - good for a laugh - but perhaps someone else might have been incredibly annoyed by this.

If I sound incredibly effusive, it's only because service of this quality is a rare gem. From the concierge to the waiters to the bus boys and housekeepers - this is a hotel that deserves every ounce of praise it gets. GO! don't even hesitate.

Room Tip: Rooms that overlook the inner courtyard are lovely and quiet but you can still make out the strains...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

Enjoyed our quick stay at the Burgundy. Service was prompt and accepted.
Room was modern, "spacious" (for Paris) and had a warm feel.
Nice toiletries and soaps in a lovely bathroom were very appreciated.
The One michelin star restaurant is outstanding.
Nice location and boutique chic feel.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

This is a superb, small, five star hotel in a great location. We found every aspect of this hotel to be truly exceptional. It is new, exceptionally clean, and beautifully decorated with lovely rooms. My wife and I were guests here for a week and found all the service to be friendly and extremely professional. The concierge (especially Benjamin) quickly understood our preferences and was excellent. We learned that we could completely rely on their suggestions (if you stay here don't bother to bring your travel books). Housekeeping did a wonderful job and were never intrusive. A little hint: try the bar if you want a truly wonderful cocktail - perhaps the best in Paris. Anthony is a true perfectionist and a great mixologist. He put together some wonderful creations for us. The only problem we encountered during the week was a malfunction with the printer in the business center which they remedied with a work around in 5 minutes. This is our new headquarters when in Paris.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

A truly delightful stay! From the minute we arrived at the Burgundy, it became obvious why this hotel is a rising star in the Paris Hotel scene. We were travelling to France for a work conference with another couple - they are well-seasoned 5-star world travellers, and they were also truly delighted with this hotel! It was our first trip overseas without the kids so we decided to splash out and book a junior suite. The usual rack rate is a pricey 1200Euro per night, however, everything in Paris commands a premium price and I think this hotel certainly delivers a quality service that you would pay more for elsewhere.

The hotel is newly refurbished and the decor is luxurious and elegant, yet extremely comfortable. The staff are extremely attentive and very welcoming, and clearly take pride in their hotel and want to ensure you have a faultless stay.

Our suite had a small entry area with large built-in robe space, minibar & safe, and a separate WC; small sitting area with two comfy chairs & reading lamps, desk & large flatscreen TV; a bedroom with king size bed, flatscreen TV, iphone docking stations; separate bathroom with large comfy bath, separate shower and a toilet. The small touches were lovely - petit-fours on arrival, plush velour slippers, daily complementary bottled water, lit makeup mirror, dimming light switches, aromatherapy toiletries, plush window furnishings with sheer or blockout options, daily weather forecast card in the turndown service. The bed was super comfy (I am a huge fan of the Westin Hotel trademark Heavenly beds, but this topped that!!) - I don't think I have ever slept better in a hotel bed, and I have tried many! The rooms are extremely private and quiet, with complementary and efficient wi-fi service for multiple devices. My only disappointment was that there were no tea & coffee making facilities in the room (which I did expect to find in a suite), however, on talking to colleagues staying in other hotels in Paris & France this appears to be a common finding, and there always seems to be an open cafe on every corner - even the small train station kiosks in Paris make a good coffee!

I always look at the hotel floorplan on the fire escape instructions to compare room size, and it appears that the suites are probably only slightly larger than the deluxe rooms, however they do have a small separate sitting area and additional toilet/powder room. For future stays, I would happily consider staying in a room as a less expensive option as I believe their level & style of furnishing is similar, and the extra space in your hotel room is not crucial when you spend all your time exploring this wonderful city!

The location of this hotel is fabulous. It sits on a pretty and quiet street between two major boutique shopping strips (rue St Honore & Madeleine) in a lovely upmarket part of Paris. It is a short walk from two underground train station lines (Concorde & Madeleine), and reasonable walking distance (with comfy shoes) to several major tourist sites such as the Louvre, Arc de triomphe & Champs Elysee. We easily walked in our dress shoes for a lunch at the Ritz Hotel. The train provides easy access to the places which are too far to walk to: Eiffel Tower took 5 minutes by train, and the Chateau Versailles (which sits on the outskirts of Paris) was a pleasant 45 minute journey. Although we didn't manage it in our short stay, I noted that it would have been walking distance to the Musee D'Orsay & Opera, and easy train to the Latin Quarter & Notre Dame.

We dined in their restaurant Le Baudelaire - definitely worthy of its recently acquired Michelin 1-star rating - lovely food, great dining experience, reasonably priced and excellent service. Unfortunately we never managed to try their pool or day spa due to lack of time, but I hear they too are excellent.

In summary, we were absolutely delighted and suitably impressed by this boutique hotel. We are already planning a return visit to Paris and will definitely be staying at the Burgundy again!

Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

My husband and I stayed in a Classic room (304) for three nights. The hotel staff were enthusiastic and so polite, helpling make our stay in Paris wonderful.

The rooms are beautifully decorated and have everything you could need, ours had a nice view down onto Rue Dupholt. We loved the spa area, this was very quiet and relaxing.

The location couldn't be better, back just a few streets from the action meant it was very quiet but you could easily walk to many great sights.

Hotel Le Burgundy was fabulous and great value by Parisian standards.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for a week while she was attending a conference in Paris. We wanted a 5 star luxury hotel in a central Paris location without the 5 star price of the Four Seasons, Park Hyatt or Ritz. This newly renovated, small property on a quiet street between Saint Honore and Madeline was a perfect fit for our needs. If you are a looking for a see and be seen place or a large lobby environment to watch people come and go, this isn't the place for you (although the bartender named off several A list stars who recently stayed here to avoid the public scene). However, if you like the idea of new, large rooms tastefully decorated in a classic modern style with quiet but attentive service, then definitely take a serious look. The hotel upgraded us to a deluxe room from a classic room at no charge, which overlooked one of the interior gardens. There were a total of maybe 8 or 10 rooms on our floor, and the hotel is only 6 floors, so expect a great night sleep without much disturbance. A couple of things we liked about the room was the little book nook where we could place our own books, magazines and tourist maps. I know it seems small, but it was very useful. The wardrobe was also large and had plenty of room for all of our clothes and shoes, and we brought a lot for a week. The free bottles of Evian water (replenshed throughout the day) was also a nice touch. The air condition system also worked very well and kept the room to our perfect temperature without any noise. The concierge team was EXCELLENT; one of the best I have ever worked with. They were timely with our many advance emails regarding restaurant reservations and kept up with the reservations throughout our stay and even ordered taxis for us so that we were ready to go at the designated times each evening. Most of the restaurants we picked ourselves using Zagat and TripAdvisor together, so I cannot comment so much on this aspect of their work (my reviews are in Trip Advisor). Finally, and nothing to do with the hotel itself, there is a gourmet grocery with single serve meals, drinks, sundries, and wine! right around the corner on boulevard Madeleine which was a great amenity and was better than any hotel shop could ever be (its called Monop). The hotel's restaurant was reliable for breakfast and overlooked a quiet courtyard; we had the continental breakfast built into our room rate and paid 8 euros more for the small but good quality buffet (the buffet otherwise would be 38 euros a person, which is not worth it). I will try to review the hotel's 1 star restaurant for dinner separately on Trip Advisor (La Baudelaire), which at the time of this review wasn't rated yet. I read a negative comment about the lobby fragrance being overpowering; true, but they burn one of their signature candles throughout the day. I think the idea is good, but agree that if one is sensitive to such smells, you might not like it and I would recommend a redo on the candle scent to something less overpowering. The only real negative/complaint is their bar off the lobby which they have fashioned as the only hotel lobby cognac bar in the City. Nothing about this bar works for this hotel. The design is way too dark and impersonal -- during the day, I don't see myself reading a book and enjoying a glass of wine as one could at the Four Seasons or Hotel de Crillon bars. The bar isn't even a bar that you can sit at. And, at 900 and 1200 euros a glass! for many of the cognacs they display, I am not sure I understand the connection to their guests, most of whom I suspect do not even drink cognac, much less at that price. But, having said that, my wife and I did enjoy a late night cocktail in front of the fireplace (we were the only ones in there), so it at least serves a purpose. One block away is the Hemmingway Bar at the Ritz (use the back entrance) which I would recommend highly over this one. Bottom line: We would definitely stay at Le Burgundy Hotel on our next trip.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Been to Burgundy Hotel? Share your experiences!