“There is nothing so much wrong with BW quality for 3 stars hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Bergere Opera - Astotel

Save Saved
You added Hotel Bergere Opera - Astotel to your Saves list
Hotel Bergere Opera - Astotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   34 rue Bergere | 9th Arr., 75009 Paris, France (Montmartre)   |
Ranked #1,157 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
Istanbul, Turkey
“There is nothing so much wrong with BW quality for 3 stars hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2011

We enjoyed staying at the hotel in a dublex room as a family. Recepsionists nice, breakfast ok. İnternet does not work in the room at 5th floor as if it is complementary throughout the hotel. İt works in the lobby area. İt is a shame that they do not work hard to obtain speedy internet for higher levels of the hotel. İt is not an excuse. Astotel group is seemed to be very proud of internet available throughout in all of their group of hotels.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
HOTEL_MANAGER_PARIS, Responsable réception at Hotel Bergere Opera - Astotel, responded to this review, March 8, 2011
Dear Guests,

Thanks for taking the time to share your impressions on our Hotel Bergere Opera.
We are well aware of the dysfunction on 5th floor, be sure we work on it.

We’re glad you spent a good time with your family, in spite of the trouble getting the Internet access from your room.

Hope to welcome you again with your family.
Best Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Turkish first
Paris
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011

The hotel is wel siuated in the heart of the Grands Boulevards with loads of restaurants, bars and theatres next door. Rooms are OK, but have no charm. Cleanliness OK. overall OK for a business trip with no cultural interest (it's quite far away from the main touristic areas, but there's a metro next door). I wouldn't go there on holiday.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Europe
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2011

I've stayed in many hotels in Paris and lived in the city for three years, so I know what to expect. This hotel is clean, convenient and comfortable, nothing more, nothing less. Good value for money. If you like being pampered it's not for you; but if you're reasonably independent, it's very good indeed. I'd use it again without hesitation.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
HOTEL_MANAGER_PARIS, Responsable réception at Hotel Bergere Opera - Astotel, responded to this review, February 16, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thanks a lot to share these nice impressions with us, we will welcome you again with pleasure !

La Direction
Northumberland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2010

We have just returned from 3 nights in the Best Western, Hotel Bergere Opera, Paris. We were a bit daunted by a number of poor reviews so had an open mind.
However, the excellent value, perfect location - very near a good Metro station and in walking distance to many interesting areas in central Paris - and faultless Hotel service, room and breakfast was a bright light in poor November weather.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
HOTEL_MANAGER_PARIS, Responsable réception at Hotel Bergere Opera - Astotel, responded to this review, November 24, 2010
Dear guest,

Thanks a lot for posting this nice review about our hotel bergere opera. Hope to see you again. Best Regards
Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2010

The hotel is situated in the Opera district and is surrounded by a vast variety of restaurants. The tour buses start nearby and the metro is close at hand for exploring this beautiful city. We found the room ok for the short time we needed to spend in it and it was clean. The staff on the other hand were quite rude and very unhelpful. There are no safes provided and money was taken from our room. We had left the DO NOT DISTURB sign up and yet the cleaner ventured in anyway and when we came back some money (50euros) was missing. When we approached the receptionist she informed us that if it was not in our bin the cleaner would not have touched it because all she will touch is the bin.. I told her i would not leave my money in the bin but she just told me to look again and avoided any eye contact with us after the incident. Needless to say I will not be staying in this Hotel again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
HOTEL_MANAGER_PARIS, Responsable réception at Hotel Bergere Opera - Astotel, responded to this review, December 9, 2010
Dear Guest,

We would like to apologize for the trouble caused, thanks to let us know your feedback. We are sorry you didn’t enjoy your time with us. All the rooms have by safety boxes, no exception, so unfortunately we are not responsible of your money missing if it was in the room and not in the safety box. Plus the access of our safety box is entirely free.

However, accept again our sincerest apologies for the bad image, you’ll keep in mind and it will be a real pleasure to welcome you again. Best regards
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2010

Read with trepidation the reviews once this hotel had been booked by central booking service for company. Sadly the comments about the rudeness of the staff were entirely correct. Check was bearable. Receptionist smiled once at the beginning but seemed to take pleasure in telling us there were no rooms with courtyard outlook so we would all be in rooms over the busy and narrow street. (Moped every 10 seconds all night). But the piece de resistance was the astonishing arrogance and unhelpfullness of the night porter regarding internet. A large sign at reception trumpets free internet but on logging in to my PC, it appeared to be €17 per night. I called down and was told I needed an access code. Having just got into bed I was reluctant to get dressed and head down in the shonky lift so asked if he would read the code over the phone. This was attempted twice with incredibly bad grace. On the second failure I was abruptly told I would just have to come down. On pointing out that nowhere does it say one has to collect a code at reception on check in so this was rather annoying, I was told I was fundamentally stupid. I don't think I have ever encountered such outrageous rudeness in any hotel anywhere in the world. In short only stay here if you enjoy being treated as an inmate not a paying guest.

Also, bathroom and furniture badly in need of repair. Curtains don't meet in the middle so streetlights shine in all night. Three single beds in a room requested as a double adds to the prison like sensibility. But I'm glad I did go downstairs to get the access code so I could write this review.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
HOTEL_MANAGER_PARIS, Responsable réception at Hotel Bergere Opera - Astotel, responded to this review, October 22, 2010
Dear Guests,

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.

Brussels, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2010

For paris standards, the rooms in this hotel and the value are ok. Note that the bahtrooms are however quite dated and that there was mold all over.
I was very dissapointed about the service at the reception desk however. When I complained at the reception that the taxi they reserved for me was 20 mins late and that I was going to miss my train, I was simply that this was not heir problem. I've never been treated that rude in a hotel before...

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
HOTEL_MANAGER_PARIS, Responsable réception at Hotel Bergere Opera - Astotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2010
Dear Guests,

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us, we are sorry to hear you were disapointed and you felt treated badly this is really not corresponding to our standards of customer care.
Actually Paris is always awful with the cabs. We do hope to welcome you again.
Thanks Best Regards.

Been to Hotel Bergere Opera - Astotel? Share your experiences!