“Perfect Location to explore Paris” 5 of 5 stars

Terrass Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12 rue Joseph de Maistre, 75018 Paris, France   |
Ranked #505 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Munich, Germany
“Perfect Location to explore Paris”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Great Location! Great Location!
If you go to Paris and you do not want tu use underground and want to be in the middle of lovely bars and restaurants and romantic area this is the Place to be in Paris!

The rooms are amzing and completely new. Great decoration.

Breakfast is very tasty and all very good organized. Fresh juices and lovely french croassiants.

Enjoy your stay there!

This is the place to be in Paris!

Room Tip: Next to the Hotel is a lovely Organic/ Bio Restaurant. Go there for lunch or dinner.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Hotels_MHurand, Directeur général at Terrass Hotel, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear Merian,

Thank you for taking the nice to right such a nice review.

We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us !

We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Regards,
Jean Patrick Lebrun - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Gothenburg, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

The hotel is well situated close to Mont matre, in a calm place. The hotel is well managed with friendly and helpful staff. Room are good and clean. Internet is good.
Breakfast free of charge for children.
Good place to stay, might be considered soemwhat costly though.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Turbi 1965,

What an amazing review!

We are thrilled to know that not only did we exceed your expectations but that we exceeded your children’s as well and we are so excited that you loved everything about your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back!
Jean Patrick, Lebrun - General Manager
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

As a solo traveller on a single nights stay for work I found the hotel very well located for food and drinks, just as well as the charges within the hotel were a little on the high side. Just step out the front door and there are many café's bars, restaurants and patisseries a stones throw away.

The hotel itself was quiet, very clean and in in excellent repair all round. The staff were helpful friendly and courteous. A pillow menu was offered and, along with the standard facilities you would expect from a hotel (tea and coffee making, decent soaps and towels, slightly pricey minibar and snacks and free fast wifi) there were some nice touches that included shutters on the windows for a full blackout experience and very controllable aircon. The demi bath was a slight disappointment but the bathroom as a whole was very good indeed.

I don't know if I would want to spend a prolonged amount of time there but if the location suits you and you have a mini break planned then I think you could do far worse. Far far worse. I would return, but take my meals outside the hotel and purchase my wine from one of the many stores close at hand.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the positive review.

We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed our location and proximity to all the Parisian sites. However, next time I still hopeyou will enjoy our breakfast & bar which has some great food items & cocktails.

We hope to have you visit us again soon.
Bowral, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

The hotel is efficiently run, friendly and helpful staff always. Nothing was too much trouble. Our room was very comfortable overlooking the Eiffel Tower. The hotel is located within a short distance to the Sacre-Coeur and a host of great cafe's, bars and restaurants. Located close to the Metro and Bus routes for ease to get into the centre of the city.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Peter,

Thank you for the awesome review.

We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed everything about your stay and even more excited to know that we are now your “go to” hotel!

We hope to see you lots more in the future!
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

After reading some negative review regarding the hotel I was a little apprehensive before going. Im a 24 old guy with my 20yr girlfriend and we had booked this hotel for 3 nights stay.
Upon arrival we were greeted and checked in straight away so no problems there. However I had requested a room high up and smoking. I was given a room on the first floor, non-smoking. After a quick chat with the reception they told me to come back in the morning and they would move us to another room. I should say the first room, was largeish by Paris standards, clean and decorated nicely, only drawback was stupid design of shower but to be honest did not cause any real flooding problems. The next day we were moved to room on the top floor. The room was much bigger and nicer and was just under the terrace bar. No noise at all at night and no we were no drinking or staying awake late at night!
On the second night we decided to go to the terrass bar, 8pm, no reservation. Quickly shown to a table, pricey but offers amazing views of Paris and Effiel tower, fast and efficient service and staff were polite and attentive! So for all the negative given regarding this bar, maybe I was just lucky but had no issues whatsoever!
The hotel is located a bit of walk from some things, depending on what you want to do or see, but would say its in a good location overall. Considering the price I ended up paying for this hotel (extremely cheap compared to other 4 stars) I would say I got a bargain and loved this hotel. They also seem to have sorted thier staff problems. I had dealings with maybe 4 or 5 different guys on reception and each one was quick, polite and did there best to help me. Maid also very friendly!
So overall I would say that it was a brilliant hotel for the money. Dont be put off by bad reviews, maybe I was lucky but I doubt it as I would say Im a difficult critic to please. Also this is my first review as I felt compelled to say that either the previous reviews were just idiots or the hotel has taken aboard the comments and improved. Either way I was a satisfied customer and would use them again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Paul,

Thank you for choosing us despite of the negative reviews ! We are thrilled to know you loved our location to everything. It is pretty great being so close from all those bright lights.

We are also pleased to hear all of our staff welcomed you back each day and assisted with any request you had.

We hope you are able to come back to Paris soon and see us.

Best regards,
Lardirago, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have stayed at the Terrass Hotel on business many time, and found its location very practical (between Clichy and Montmartre, close to many metro lines); I also recently stayed there with my wife and booked one of the room with a Tour view - very successful. At 11PM the Tour does a light show and you are ideally placed to watch it from your hotel room window!
The rooms are not huge - but in line with most french hotels, well furnished and equipped. Very nice rooftop restaurant for breakfast.

Room Tip: The Tour view room are more expensive but worth it if you travel with your SO
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotels_MHurand, Directeur général at Terrass Hotel, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Guest

I am thrilled to hear that both you and your wife enjoyed your most recent visit at The Terrass Hotel and that we exceeded your expectations!

I will share your kind words with my colleagues whom all have contributed to making your stay enjoyable.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon again for another delightful visit.

North Ferriby, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

The good points :- Location brilliant, hotel staff very welcoming and very helpful, room beautifully fitted out, exceptionally clean and large tapless bath in 310 meant two could share as it was our honeymoon destination for 5 days after all.

Bad points, entry to the roof garden was shockingly controlled, you have to book your seating and no standing, this was hugely disappointing as we booked the hotel because of the roof garden to relax in and the romantic view. On our first night we went up to the roof garden for an early evening drink about 8 pm to enjoy the view before going out to explore, all tables where full, but there was a seating area with no one sat on it so we asked to sit there and where told it was to seat seven people so we couldn't sit there dumbfounded we suggested we didn't mind standing for a drink, this also was refused and it was then indicated we should leave and book to come back much later like 11 pm. Bad Bad Bad and very rude, we will definitely not go back again to this hotel.

Room Tip: deluxe rooms exceptionally refitted and very welcoming after a day out exploring, 310 has 2 large wi...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Gary,

I have carefully taken part of the feedback you have posted here on Trip Advisor with regards to your stay at our hotel - and it makes me unhappy to read that you have been put through a lot of unnecessary and unfortunate stress.

It is clear that your stay did not work out as planned, and that you were disappointed with, amongst other things.... We know that our terrace is very busy when sun is coming so I apologize for the inconveniences caused and look forward to hearing from you directly.

Warm regards,
Jean-Patrick Lebrun / General Manager

Been to Terrass Hotel? Share your experiences!