We stayed 3 nights during February 2014 and didn't really enjoy our stay. The location was not bad, it was close to the metro station so transport around the city was easy. However, there are not many shops or restaurants in front of the hotel so you'd have to walk a bit further when exploring the area. Rue Monge and Rue Moffetard was about a 10-15 minutes walk away. These are two large streets with many shops, cafes and restaurants which is a plus. Our room was on first floor of the hotel. The lift is tiny and could barely fit two people inside. We literally had to squash up against the walls of the lifts when trying to take our luggage up to the room. It was like playing tetris. The room was on the smaller side but it was adequate compared to other european rooms. The bath room was also small. Both the room and bathroom seemed old and in need a renovations. The room wasn't the cleanest. There were stains on the walls and ceilings. Upon arrival into the room, we noticed tiny insects like ants crawling in the bathroom sink and on the walls in the room. The water pressure in the shower was not great. Also it seemed very hard to adjust the water temperature to just right. Most of the time, we were left with extremely hot or ice cold cater. The bed was a queen size which was adequate and comfortable to sleep in. However, it seemed like the walls are very thin as we could constantly hear our neighbours in the other rooms speak. They provided complimentary water, tea and coffee in the room which was good. Our room was cleaned everyday and they will provide new sheets and towels if needed. There was free wifi in the room but it was downright absurd as the connection was slow and unstable. It was almost impossible to connect, and when you do manage to connect online, your net would get disconnected after 10 minutes or so. It was very annoying trying to connect to the wifi everyday. We didn't choose the breakfast option so cannot comment on the quality. The service at reception was okay. Overall, we think this hotel has poor value for money. You will be better off paying a little extra for a nicer hotel room and a better experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Charming 5 story hotel located opposite the Botanical Gardens in the Latin Quarter - 1/2 kilometer to Austerlitz train station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Fastbooking, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Timhotel Jardin des Plantes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Timhotel Jardin Des Plantes Hotel Paris
- Timhotel Jardin Des Plantes Paris