I was planning to take my daughter to Paris (Highschool grad present) and was a little nervous to find just the right place for us in the heart of this wonderful city. Being from Europe myself, but never having stayed in this area of Paris, I was really happy that we found this little gem.
This Hotel is convenienty located to reach major sites fairly quickly. Our very tidy room on the 5th floor had a balcony, two very comfortable queen size beds, a coffee/teamaker, and robes, and the bath was very clean. The receptionist was extremely friendly and helpful, and made our stay very enjoyable. The hotel has an elevator (which is tiny, but two people and luggage fit). The lounge area always had munchies to snack on during the day. We wanted to explore as much as we could and found that most of the major sites were close, like the Museum D'Orsay, L'Ouvre, Dome des Invalides, etc. Of course, going to Paris, you KNOW that you will walk A LOT, but that is just how it is, so bring your sneakers for the day, instead of heels - your feet will thank you for it!! :) A couple of streets down from the hotel is a cafe were we would have our petit dejeuner (breakfast) and grab a sandwich for later-beats the heck out of purchasing lunch in a restaurant later, which can be quite expensive. Located pretty much next to it is a grocery store, where we would stack up on water for the day. Quite convenient for us! The metro station is close to the hotel, as well. And just around the corner of the hotel are cafes and restaurants.
I noticed that some comments were made about the internet connection - we did not have problems with it. And then again, we came here for exploring the city and not to be working on the internet much.
We came to Paris (from already vacationing in Germany) and were not disappointed. If we are to come back again, we will definetely stay at the Hotel Vaneau! Thanks to the staff for making this a great stay for us!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel’s atmosphere is quintessentially “Rive Gauche”, decorated with character, elegant lines and a subtly refined elegance throughout ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Venere, Despegar.com, Agoda, EasyToBook, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Vaneau Saint Germain reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vaneau Saint Germain Hotel
- Vaneau Saint Germain Paris