“Very good, top if your a gadget freak ...” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Escape & Save by Pullman
Ranked #401 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
Gent
“Very good, top if your a gadget freak ...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

I won't keep you in the dark for long about this cryptic title.
It is all about the television screen which is (at least for me) really top technology. Not so much for the screen itself (which is very good) but more for the connectivity part.
You can install an app on your iphone and operate the TV from there. This includes consulting your bill, selecting the TV channel, streaming your own movies from your PC or choosing a free (!) movie. The last one is not unlike the selection you have in business class on a long distance flight. Although the remote control does the trick as good as anything else, I can imaging that some of the freaks out there might find this pretty cool. For me the most refreshing novalty was the free choice amongst an acceptable selection of movies. Going from some old classics to a few more recent ones.
Now this is not really what you go to a hotel for. So what else can you expect ?
First : location. Litarelly at the foot of the Eiffel tower which is still quite central. Close to the museum "Quai d'Orsay", for me the museaum with the most beautiful paintings in the world (the impressionists are all there - oh yes, if you are a Mr Bean fan go there and look for the "Whistler's Mother". Notre Dame and the Champs Elysées are still within walking distance.

The rooms are spacious (not a given in Paris) but a bit unpersonnal. The beds are comfortable. The bathroom had a bath tub, serving also as a shower. The toilet is in the bathroom. There were no bathrobes. There is a spacious wardrobe, safe and minibar with a very limited selection.
Very good point : there are ample electricity plugs to get all your devices charged during the night. There is a free wifi option which worked well during my stay (which seemed to be a low season moment) but in case you would experience problems, there is also a paying option which I haven't tried as the free one was adequate.

The breakfast was quite extensive. Not a typical French one with a croissant and jam. There is also the classical buffet with eggs and bacon, a selection of cheese and meat, a chef to prepare the omelet of your dreams, the healthy stuff (yoghurt, fresh fruit), the sweet selection (Danish pastries), etc ... The breakfast room is quite small but your are guided to your table by the person at the entrance, which I always appreciate. I wonder though how they do it when the hotel is full. I understand that they have additional rooms they open up for the breakfast so I guess that will work out well. As the number of tables is limited (and that is always the case as they open only as many rooms as they feel fit) there is a (slight) tendency to remove your plates even when you don't feel ready yet. (My plate and coffee were removed while I went to the buffet to grab something else).

There is a restaurant which also contains the bar. While I did have a drink in the bar, I can't comment on the restaurant. The combined setting (restaurant-bar) remains a bit weird to me.
If you want to sit in the lobby while waiting for a colleague or friend to arive, there are only a very limited number of seats.

The reception is an open setting. the receptionists are standing around a group of tables and one has to stand next to them while they are doing their administrative work. OK but I like the distance of a traditional setting. As a consequence, when they are not attending a guest, they are satnding in the lobby which makes you feel "watched".

While I was overall very happy with the service and the accomodation, I give it a rating of 4 because I want to keep the 5 for the exceptional wow experience. This hotel is more the no frills business type of hotel where some extras in the room (like a bathrobe) could be appreciated.

For those who have been to Paris before but not recently. This hotel used to be part of the Hilton chain. However at that time if you wnated to Google for Hilton and Paris, some other links popped up in front :-) .....

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Diss, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

My husband booked this hotel for a surprise anniversay trip back to Paris where we spent our honeymoon (but in a different hotel). We were given a warm welcome, booking in was quick and we were escorted to our room with our luggage. The view from th balcony (front of hotel) was amazing with a great view of the Eiffel Tower, especially the light show every hour from dark until 2 am. Comfortable bed, tea and coffee making facility, large bathroom (shower only, but spacious). The only issue was lack of storage space. No drawers at all and the wardrobe was tiny. We had a fair amount of clothes, being winter and cold, and 'going out' clothes for evening restaurant visits. Doormen were very attentive but other staff had little knowledge when we asked questions regarding visiting attractions in Paris, and how to obtain tickets in advance to visit various museums etc. There is a bar facility which is colourful, modern and staff were very good. Breakfast facility was difficult to find on the first morning but the choices of food were excellent. Omelettes can be prepared fresh...first morning was great, second morning it was swimming in butter. Guess it depends on the chef. Waiting staff were extremely friendly and welcoming and attentive. Upon checking out, we were being charged for 'room service'. When we queried this, the young lady said we had ordered champagne to our room. In fact, the champagne had been ordered and paid for by our son in the USA as an anniversary gift. Once we pointed that out, th cost was removed from our final bill. So if you're going for a day or two, rooms are fine, but if any longer, there is nowhere really to store clothes/coats.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front have view of the Eiffel Tower and the sun shines on the balcony later in the day...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

We came here end of feb as a short weekend away, we shopped around the sites quite a lot to find a hotel we liked and it came back down to this one every time. We landed early and was lucky enough to get early check in which was a nice touch after travelling since 3am that morning. Check in was good but very slow the gent gave us all the help we needed and we was also given an upgrade on a upgraded room. When going into the room the room smelt a little damp like somebody had not long checked out before which is understandable so we opened the balcony door only to find it wouldn't close. I reported it to reception and asked for somebody to come close it while we were out but seems like they too had a problem, we were instantly moved rooms and somebody came to assist us with a luggage trolly also even though we were only moving 3 doors down :) very friendly. The balcony had a view on to the Eiffel Tower which is stunning and well worth it to top off your trip to the most lovable city in the world. I fell in love with the city ten times over. Room service have it spot on although there isn't much to choose from on the room service menu however there's something for everyone. We had drinks from the mini bar one night as they had white lids on them stating they were complimentary..the television had English channels on so you can still tune in and catch up from home, you can view your bill from here too where we noticed they had billed us for the complimentary drinks we had had from the mini bar. When I rang the reception the lady on the phone said different. On check out they reluctantly removed them from our bill, take photos and keep the caps as I did. It's a little sneaky of them and will be a flaw like what looks like is already happening in previous reviews. It's almost if they can get away with it they will it's a little Misleading and if something is advertised complimentary then so it should be. For that reason I can't review this hotel as excellent. All round a nice luxury hotel to top of a lovely weekend in Paris. Rooms are very clean and very well equipped. Will return.

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The Pullman Paris near the Eiffel Tower is a great hotel for both business an pleasure. The bar and restaurant are great places to relax and enjoy the weather and people passing by. Great location, within walking distance of many sidewalk cafe's, souvenir shops and not to mention the Eiffel Tower itself. Most of the rooms have a great view of the tower that you can watch light up every hour on the hour.
The rooms are very spacious and newly decorated as of 9/2014.

I would recommend this hotel to fellow Americans and anyone else who appreciates a nice stay.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Cheshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We have just spent 3 nights in this hotel and found everything to be very good. The location was great and easy to get to from the airport by train rather than using a cab. The concierge on arrival was very polite, welcoming and helpful (tall gentleman) the young man on receptionist on check in was also very polite and helpful, and I love the no behind desk angle, I've seen it before and it works. The room was large for Paris, as you would expect in a 4 star but the bonuses are they had 4 English channels BBC1&2, ITV CNN, a bath, and a window that opens (little things make the difference). We had dinner one night in the Frame restaurant, as it meant my husband could have a great burger, and the rest of the food was good too, we were served by a great waiter (Portuguese young lad) who should be recognised as he gave great service and we had a view of the Eiffel. The check out was swift, and the lady polite and helpful. We stored our luggage easily. All in all the hotel was better than we have stayed in previously, location and customer service the best which is all you need for a great trip. We will definitely use this hotel again.

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
René A, Directeur général at Pullman Paris Tour Eiffel, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for these detailed comments about your stay at Pullman Paris Tour Eiffel.
Be assured that We will share them with our team.
We shall be pleased to welcome you during your next stay in Paris.

Best regards
The Général Manager
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This hotel was an incredible choice for those of you who want to be close to the iron lady. My (now) fiance and I spent New Years 2015 at the Pullman, and although it was pricey, it was well worth it. The breakfast was delicious, room service was great, the staff more than willing to help, and overall just incredible. My bf even arranged for flowers, chocolates, and cherries as he was going to propose and they made it all special. The hotel was close to 2 metro stops, so you could walk and go anywhere in Paris, and you crossed the street and would be next to the tower and trocadero! Overall just a wonderful place to stay. Well wroth the money. We left loving Paris, and the Pullman.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

I am quite happy to read your nice comments about your stay at Pullman Paris Tour Eiffel.
I will share them with my team and hope to have the pleasure to welcome you for a next stay in Paris.

Best regards

The General manager
St. Albans, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Great location, a stone's throw from the Eiffel Tower, our room had a view of the Eiffel Tower! Despite being so close to such a major attraction the location was in a quite residential area.

From the the hotel we walked to all the tourist sights in Paris; Arc de Triomphe, Élysée Palace, Louvre, Notre Dame and Les Invalides.

We took the métro to Monmartre, a 30 minute journey from Bir Hakeim station.

Plenty of restaurants (which weren't too pricey) in avenue Suffren, our favourite was Le Suffren!

Breakfast in hotel was excellent too.

All in all a great trip!!

Room Tip: Room with view of Eiffel Tower.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Pullman Paris Tour Eiffel? Share your experiences!