“Good for overnight stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Hotel Folkestone Opera

You added BEST WESTERN Hotel Folkestone Opera to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Hotel Folkestone Opera
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9 Rue Castellane, FR 75008 Paris, France (Champs-Élysées)   |
Ranked #139 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Illinois
“Good for overnight stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2009

We stayed one night at this hotel on June 14 between coming back from Normandy and leaving for the airport. I chose it because it was walkable from Gare St Lazare (although a little long for my mother with luggage) and we could walk to the Opera to get the Roissy bus to the airport. However, after walking from the train station, we decided to take a shuttle to the airport so we didn't have to walk again with the luggage. The receptionist called the shuttle for us and everything went very smoothly.

The rooms were small but adequate for 1 night. I was happier in our apartment for a longer stay, though. The rooms were clean. Each had 2 twin beds that you could walk around but not between. There was a full bathtub with a shower curtain. There was a small elevator that you could fit 2 people with a small suitcase in.

There was a breakfast room downstairs and breakfast was included in our rate but we had to leaved for the airport too early to try it.

Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Greek first
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2009

My father and I stayed recently at the Folkestone and thought it was great. We booked through the bestwestern site directly and the rate for prepaid was better than anything out there and included breakfast. We were on the street side and even then it was not too noisy. The rooms are small but I am not in Paris to hang around the rooms I am there to tour around!

It is in a great location which has easy acess to the RER (which takes you to the suburbs or the CDG airport), numerous other Metro lines (which take you throughout Paris) and is in walking distance from Opera, the Grands Magasin, and down to the Champs Elysee and Place de la Concorde.

Highly recommend it and the staff was very friendly and spoke English if needed. they have an internet terminal as well which was helpful and a group of French newspapers and the Herald Tribune every morning to read!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2009

It's a nice hotel where I will stay again. The rooms are small but cozy, well furnished. The bathroom was small but very clean and I can’t say the dimension really bother us. The hotel is very well located near subway, restaurants and a lot of shops. Also the Gare St. Lazare is nearby and even Place de la Concorde it’s ten minutes away. In fact we walk from the hotel to Place de la Concorde, Champs Elysees, Arc de Triumph and Tour Eiffel. It was a long walk but feasible and very pleasant on a nice sunny day. The breakfast was included and it was good. Not a very large variety but more than enough to give us a good start in the morning. The internet in the lobby was also useful but we needed some times to wait a few minutes for other persons to finish. The staff was friendly and helpful. The only problem we had was that the elevator didn’t work a few days and the staff offered us the minibar contents for free to compensate. I will definitely stay again in this hotel on my next visit.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2009

I stayed at the Best Western Folkestone Opera and loved everything about it. The staff is amazing. The hotel is clean and the location perfect. It's around the corner from the metro st madaleine. Close to the Place st madeleine and you can walk to the Place de concorde and Champs Elysee.
It's very convenient and easy to get around. The best was that the breakfast is free and you can just call frnt desk and have them bring it t you room. At no additonal charge.
I have nothing bad to say about this hotel or the staff. The rooms are small but confortable and clean. My room even had a balcony with a little garden. Adorable!
They staff at front desk spoke English and if you need tickets for some attractions and shuttle to the airport, they book it for you.
I definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
Sydney,Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2009

This was our first trip to Europe and so far our experince with hotels in London and Stockholm had been fantastic. Our luck ran out at this BW. From the very first moment we had problems with the our check in, the lady at reception was rude and not helpful at all and this attitude remained until we checked out 5 days later.
The ladies at the breakfast area were more interested in gossiping in the kitchen and eating the food rather than making sure the guests were looked after. If we ever asked for anything we were given the most agressive look and were made to feel as we were in their way. RUDE! RUDE! RUDE!
The rooms were a joke , so small .

• Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
Panama City, Panama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2009

I had an opportunity to stop over in Paris for the weekend following meetings in the UK. Naturally, I chose the same hotel I stayed at 3 years ago since everything had been quite to my liking. I arrived at 11:30 and had to wait 15 minutes for my room to be made up. No problem. I was given 605, one of 4 rooms across the front that have a balcony/deck facing Rue de Castellane (6th floor only). Everything was meticulously clean, however there is the possibility of ants from the potted plants on the balcony. I spotted one in my room. The bed is comfortable. The bathroom is tiny but spotless and well supplied iwth toiletries. The view is pleasant. There are 3 layers of curtains to block the light if you're inclined to sleep late. I love the neighborhood, from the small shops and restaurants to the 1 block walk to the Metro or 4 blocks to the big department stores.

Breakfast is still nicely turned out, although I was disappointed to find apricot juice no longer offered. There are still 2 or 3 freshly baked cakes, fruit, cheese, ham and yogurt, croissants and pain de chocoloate. All included in my rate (115 Friday and 135 Saturday). I was delighted to find one of the front desk clerks still there after 3 years. She lied and said she remembered me too. No problem speaking English, happy to give directions, help with pronounciations or call a taxi.

Internet is now free. I did not use wifi, but did use the computer in the lobby with no problem.

I will return, hopefully in less than 3 years.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
Peoples Republic of Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2009

Situated around the corner from Madeleine, it's perfectly walkable to the Seine, St Germaine, The Louvre & Musee d'Orsay. We found the discounted room rate excellent for an Hotel pretty much bang in the centre of Paris. The neighbourhood felt safe and welcoming with plenty of shops and restaurants nearby, although it is an expensive area of Paris. The hotel is on a quiet street so no traffic noise during our stay. I'm going to have to rethink my stereotypical view of Parisians because the receptionist was warm and welcoming and spoke perfect English. The hotel is well decorated, indeed one floor was being decorated whilst we were there. The bedrooms were indeed small, however, I've stayed in smaller rooms in London and Manhatten. Unless your gonna hold a party, the room is adequate. Bathroom was as small as it could be though. I think I've had a larger bathroom in a caravan. But it was well presented.
Breakfast, which unusually was included in our rate, was a very good buffet. Cold meats, cheese, pastries, boiled egg, fruit, cereals. etc. We filled our boots to last us until well into the day. No it's not 5 star, but if your on a budget I would recommend it.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN Hotel Folkestone Opera? Share your experiences!