“Only redeeming point is location” 2 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Plaza Elysees

You added BEST WESTERN Plaza Elysees to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Plaza Elysees
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   177 Boulevard Haussmann, 75008 Paris, France (Champs-Élysées)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Up To -30% Off Room Rate
Ranked #857 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
“Only redeeming point is location”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Room was very small, beaded strings for curtain on closet! Internet would only work in the lobby and the person at the desk would not or could not even try rebooting the equipment to try to get it working. Service attitude very poor - one of the front desk attendants said the hotel had no ice available, despite being able to get it previously. The only soap is in dispensers, which can't be reached if you are sitting in the bath. Breakfast had limited selection - no hot items and no champagne as advertised when booking! Only redeeming feature of the hotel is the location, which is just a couple of blocks from the Champs d'Elysees. Would not stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
PLAZA177, Responsable relations clients at BEST WESTERN Plaza Elysees, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Madam, dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your comment, feedback helps us to improve our work.
Let me just respond to the difficulties you have faced during your saty.
About wifi, the receptionnist told you it was not necessary to reboot as the routeurs status shown through the extranet service we are provided with were all green.
The problem was more complicated and it had been quickly fixed by our tech support.
Moreover, we were very sorry that we could not give you ice the second time you asked, it is not that "we don'd have any" but that "we didn't have anymore".

We will be glad to welcome you for another trip in Paris and try to satisfy you more.

Yours sincerely.

Patrick - Reception.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Korean first
Amherst
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

My room was clean, but there was no shower gel even when I asked to have it refilled. There was a huge bolt sticking up out of the floor by the toilet, enough to rip my foot. The walls were paper thin so much that when a guy in the next room coughed it was like he was in bed with me. When other guests returned after midnight and talked in the next room, it woke me up. The worst was that the internet was completely useless. When I complained, the woman at the front desk gave me the number for Tech Support, and I called, (this was Saturday), the recording said the were open only Mon-Fri. Really? No one was very concerned that the internet was non-functional. I incurred extra charges on my phone plan because of it, and no one offered their apologies or a credit on my bill. I won't be staying here again.

Despite my emailing the hotel before my arrival to tell them that I am gluten free because of celiac disease, they made no preparations for me at all.

Room Tip: If internet it important to you, don't stay here.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
PLAZA177, Reception at BEST WESTERN Plaza Elysees, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Mrs Chabinsky,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

But on the other hand, you had booked a classic twin room and we have given you an executive twin room.

Also, the internet was working in the hotel, with all receptors were running as you have seen when you came to the reception desk. The disagreement was real but not definitive as you could connect in the breakfast room with your device. And the problem had been corrected on Monday due to the work of my collègue that contacted the wifi provoder.

Indeed wall distribiteur was not equipped with soap, however you had in your room a manual soap dispenser.

Also, the breakfast that we propose is a champagne buffet breakfast where you could choose the products that you prefer, and therefore gluten free.

Gosport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Spent four nights there recently with my wife. Hotel staff friendly, room very good, though a bit small, like all Paris hotels. Good bath and shower facilities and excellent breakfast. Conveniently situated, 7-8 min walk from busy part of Champs Elysees. Bus 43 from Gard du Nord stops directly opposite hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear David,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If we can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us at 01 45 63 93 83.

Shanghai
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Booked it through Booking.com yesterday. And there is some sudden change of plan then Ineed to adjust the booking. Thought the hotel would provide certain flexibility as it was only booked less 1 day, and still more than 3 weeks to the check in. Then the Hotel came back rather rude and offered no flexibility at all.

Should of trusted the review & rating on Tripadvisor...too late. The way this hotel is marketing is to over-price the regular price then put high discount. It is probably not easy for them to sell any room so they'd be so reluctant to provide any flexibility. Shame on it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent phone call experience with our property.

We are sorry if you had a disappointing experience, but we could not change the reservation because, unfortunately you have choosed a prepaid offer through Booking.com, with no cancellation and no modification possible.

Your feedback is important for us and we will be using your opinion to improve our telephone service.

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I took a Contiki trip and was booked in a hotel that was WAY out in the suburbs, in a NOT very nice part of town. I won't get into that experience but... I was wandering around town looking for a hotel. My friend back home in Canada had done a search and found an inexpensive Best Western near the Opera that had rooms available. I was on foot and decided to pop into the Plaza Elysees to ask them if they would be so kind as to check and confirm there were still rooms available. They did, and there were... however, they said they also had rooms available. I needed 5 nights. But this hotel was much more than the one to where I was headed. so they gave me an exceptional price as they only had one or two rooms left.

The service was friendly. I found the lady in the breakfast room to be very kind. The first day, there was a bit of a communication problem when she offered me coffee or hot chocolate. But she was very nice about it and I managed to get what I needed using my broken French

The hotel was comfortable and the location can't be beat. Thank you!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
PLAZA177, Reception Desk at BEST WESTERN Plaza Elysees, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Marie,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 01 45 63 93 83.

Yours sincerely,

Wrexham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I stayed at Best Western for four nights from 18th July 2013...My trip was to see the end of the Tour De France...The hotel is a 5 minute walk from the Champs Elysees which was perfect for me....The entrance is a simple doorway in a row of Shops and Cafe's and leads to a small Reception Area....I was greeted by a warm smile from the young lady on the desk A simple booking in proceedure and I was given Room 12 on the First Floor....The room had a double bed...television ...wardrobe...safe....mini bar...air conditioning ...and en suite bathroom with bath and shower.....The breakfast was Buffet style served in the Dining/Lounge Area on the first floor.....The room was cleaned daily and fresh bedding and towels provided and the deco was nice and fresh....Tour buses are 5 minutes away and Taxis pass regularly...5 minutes was the longest I had to wait to grab a Taxi.....All the Staff I found to be cheerfull and most helpfull...Would I stay again...without hesitation......Would I recommend this Hotel....again without hesitation...It's a Happy Hotel....And I like Happy Hotels.

Room Tip: Despite being on the front by the main road I heard no traffic noise due to the double glazing
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
PLAZA177, Responsable réception at BEST WESTERN Plaza Elysees, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you very mcuh for your comment that helps us improve in our work. Well, this is what we try to do here by welcoming our guest in the most happy and simple way. I need to add, regarding your room description that all our rooms are equiped with double glassed windows in order to guarantee the minimum noise pollution from the street.
We are glad that you would recommend us to your friends; we would be happy to welcome them, and you again if you ever wish to come back to Paris.

Yours sincerely.

Patrick - Reception.
Smithfield RI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Our first to Paris. The hotel staff was very welcoming and spoke perfect english. My fears of not speaking french were quickly relieved. Our room was on the 3rd floor and overlooked the main street(Blvd Haussmann). Our room was small but very clean. The hotel was in walking distance of the Champs Elysees and the Arc de Triomphe. The hotel staff helped us each day with Metro directions, dining suggestions , cab service, etc. The breakfast room was large and had a well supplied European Breakfast buffet. The hotel is a great place for someone not wanting to spent all their vacation money on lodging.

Room Tip: Liked the rooms facing the main street . Also they charge you to use the safety deposit box in the...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
PLAZA177, Reception at BEST WESTERN Plaza Elysees, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Dear guest ,

Thank you for having choosed Best western plaza elysees. Your commentary is very usefull because it helps us performing the hotel and we thank you for that. We were pleased to make your stay in paris enjoyfull.

If you wish to spend another journey among our establishment , do not hesitate to contact us at +33 (0)1 45 63 93 83 .

Sincerly yours

Denis

Been to BEST WESTERN Plaza Elysees? Share your experiences!