“Good location and great Parisian charm” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Bradford Elysees - Astotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10, rue Saint Philippe du Roule, 75008 Paris, France   |
Ranked #106 of 1,796 hotels in Paris
Durban, South Africa
“Good location and great Parisian charm”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

The hotel Bradford Élysées is wonderfully situated in that it is within easy walking distance of the Champs Élysées and great shopping, sights and restaurants In the 3 days that we spent there, we didn't need to take a taxi except to the airport on our departure. We loved the size of our room which was a Superior Double and apart from it being spacious with a well appointed large bathroom, it was charmingly decorated and had the typical French doors opening onto wrought iron balcony's. We loved the decor throughout the hotel and particularly enjoyed the breakfast Conservatory which served good filtered coffee and a tasteful and tasty Continental breakfast. Teas and coffees were available here throughout the day.
The beds were very comfortable and the linen of a good quality.
The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and spoke good English.
We have booked in here again for early next year as our stay here contributed greatly to the enjoyable time that we had in Paris and it was really good value for money.

Room Tip: We had a street facing room but didn't find it noisy as it isn't situated on a particularly...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

311 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Port of Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

This is by no means a luxury 5 star hotel but it is what it is and does it well. Only a short walk to the Champs Elysees, 25 min to the Eiffel Tower and in a neighbourhood with friendly bars and cafes. Rooms are small but normal for big city hotels well appointed and comfortable. Seems to have become the hotel of choice amongst travelling Trinidadians and will probably continue to be so. The breakfast offered is good value.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Warsaw, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Overall although our visit to the hotel was enjoyable, we were by no means "blown away". The rooms were adequate and nicely appointed. Bathrooms were a nice size but the shower was somewhat odd (partial glass enclosure), plus our shower was not completely operational (the hand "wand" worked but the fixed sprayer would not turn on). Our travel-partner friends were on the top floor and were not fully satisfied with their room--somewhat cramped with a small bathroom. The front desk staff was nice, but not overly friendly or outgoing. The hotel could certainly use a concierge. If asked, I would tell friends that they would likely enjoy the hotel but there are certainly better options in this price range.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Brussels, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Booked a standard room and a deluxe and we got an upgrade to 2 deluxe rooms. The rooms are big fro Parisian standard, a cute historic hotel. The bathroom in some rooms are apparently renovated, the staff friendly. We had 2 noisy night as one of the rooms faced the street, from 3am till 4:30 both nights we were woken up by constantly shouting people and honking cars. I thought the first night was an exception and didn't say anything but the second night was exactly same. When I told the reception on check out they said that the first night was normal as there was something going on, the second night they were surprised. Did not got an apology!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

On arriving at the hotel on the 22 Sept we requested a porter to assist with the luggage I had my sickly mother and a child with me. Was told they do not offer this service even though their customer service brochure in the rooms says that they do. Also, noticed a porter assisting visitors with their bags. Hotel rooms were not cleaned just beds made up until I complained. 2nd last day my mum was in the room while it was being cleaned and she noticed that the drinking glasses were washed in the bathroom and dried with the bath sheets on the floor which we used. Handed my laundry in on Saturday morning and was promised to have it by 20:00 latest 21:00. It is now Sunday 16:30 and have not received laundry back. I am flying to South Africa tonight and am told by the hotel personnel that they cannot get my clothing today. Been told that they will post my clothing to me even though I keep reminding them that he SA POST OFFICE is unreliable and permanently on strike. They said that once they hand over to the postal service it is not their responsibility and I must sue the postal service. Refused to reimburse me and said that I must provide proof of my purchases( you ad my clothing in your hands. I thought that would be proof.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
manager_le_bradford, Directeur général at Hotel Bradford Elysees - Astotel, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear Madam,

Thank you for your review of The Bradford we are extremely disappointed that we did not meet or exceed your expectation. The service you experienced is not up to our standards and I have had a team meeting to specifically address your comments concerning the cleaning and I’m very concerned about the confusion with the laundry. The Bradford does endorse one outside company for laundry service, unfortunately it was closed on your departure day. We take guests' experiences very seriously even outside our doors, and would be very interested to know your clothes have been well delivered. You may of course contact me at any time on my personal email : veronique.resneau@astotel.com making your next travel plans to Paris so that I can personally attend to your accommodations.

The Management
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

The room was comfortable and clean and the hotel is in a quiet street, close to the centre of the city, but not too close. Staff are very capable and helpful. The food is mostly limited to english B&B style, but luckily there are some refreshments available all afternnoon until early evening and a limited room service menu. The only downside is that the front door was quite noisy and our room was next to it.

Room Tip: Rooms on the upper floors should provide a better sleep.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
manager_le_bradford, Directeur général at Hotel Bradford Elysees - Astotel, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review on TripAdvisor .

We have shared your remarks with the entire team, which will be a wonderful source of motivation for all of them.

Concerning the noise done by the front door, we are currently working with our technical service to find long term solution in order this matter never happen again.

I apologize again for this inconvenient but we are sincerely looking forward to welcome you back very soon.

Yours sincerely,

The Management
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

This hotel is ideally placed 2 blocks back from the Champs Elysees, with freindly staff. Spacious rooms with comfortable beds. Needs a better choice of TV channels, not enough English speaking. Could do with Sky and BBC, this is the only downside.
Close to some good restaurants and the Bowler pub.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Bradford Elysees - Astotel? Share your experiences!