“Small minimalistic rooms” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Armstrong Paris

You added Hotel Armstrong Paris to your Saves list
Hotel Armstrong Paris
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   36 rue de la Croix Saint Simon | 20 Arr., 75020 Paris, France   |
Ranked #934 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
Rockville, MD
“Small minimalistic rooms”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Stayed there for 6 nights. If it were 1-2 nights, it would have been more bearable. Towards the end, the room felt claustrophobic. Very close to metro station and plenty of restaurants in the area. Pillows weren't any good but bed was ok.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Bucharest
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

My wife and I stayed there for 3 nights, from 15 to 18 March 2013.

Hotel is located about 700 meters near a subway station, and is good to know that the area is populated by many homeless people.

We had the room 509 and I can tell that it was pretty small, quiet, very clean and with furniture in good condition. The bathroom was very small, but the towels were changed daily. Free wireless Internet was available in rooms and the hotel's lobby.

The people from the front desk were very friendly, useful and English speakers - they helped me in the middle of the night with a free phone call abroad - someone stolen my mobile phone and I had to contact the service provider as soon as posible.

Breakfast was rather poor, mainly bread based: a large variety of croissants, 2-3 types of bread, cereals, cheap salami, cheese, butter, honey, milk, tea, coffee, cheap juice. Free coffee, tea and cakes were available in the dining room all day long. Also the tourists can use (for free) 3 computers connected to Internet located in the dining room.

I recommend this hotel. Anyway, maybe the pictures will tell you more.

Room Tip: don't choose the rooms located on the hotel's corners because they have an unusual shape.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Margate, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We arrived at the hotel and were greeted very politely by staff. They DO have parking,and though it costs, it is very cheap. The room was very small and the bathroom even more so, though it had a TV and an easy to use safe for valuables. Overall, decent hotel, worth a bargain, but would only recommend if you don't intend on staying in the room most of the day- better as a place to crash after a long day sightseeing. Very close to centre and Metro is easy to use- desk staff will give clear directions toward tourist attractions. Only other thing I would include is the underground parking of the hotel is very creepy, as Hotel Armstrong's spaces are on the very bottom and you have to walk back up in the dark and buzz to get the garage door open at street level. (Wouldn't recommend taking a car)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Sure this hotel is not the best, but the staff is friendly, it was very close to the metro, and it had a bed for us to sleep in after an awesome day in Paris. We spent so little time in the hotel that I was glad that we decided to spend less on the hotel. It's only a 20 minute metro ride to all the great sites. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for an alternative to hostle. You have your own bathroom!

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I have just come back from Paris, what an amazing city, think I could live there. Anyway this review is about the hotel and not about what Paris was for me!
The hotel is about 30 minutes away from the Gard De Nord by Metro and only a few minutes walk from the Metro station, yes as reading reviews there are alot of homeless people around the station, but we get that anywhere in Paris. I am a single lass and didn't feel worried about these people at all. The hotel is basic but offered all the amenities that we wanted. Breakfast which was so good Bed and Sauna (after finishing the marathon) . The hotel staff and very understanding and my level of French is atrocious so they understood us. Our bedroom didn't have a bath but then I wasn't expecting 5 star service.

The only thing I could say was that we could here the people next door.

Just by the station we found a sushi place the perfect end to running a 26.6 mile run.

Great Holiday.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

I was worried about staying at this hotel after reading other reviews on here, but I had nothing to worry about, and think the negative comments should be completely ignored. Sure its not the Ritz but your not Paying for the Ritz. The hotel was warm, comfortable and had everything we required. The staff were warm, friendly and extremely helpful. Sure its not the nicest area but its not unsafe, and aslong as you can navigate their extremely easy metro system you can be anywhere in Paris in minutes. As for all the complaints about tramps, yeh there are homeless people dotted around but they are all over Paris not just around this hotel. I'm a young female and yes I got attention from the men but nothing that made me feel unsafe. I guess wat I'm tryin to say is don't judge this hotel by the negative reviews on here go and experience it and decide yourself. My holiday in Paris was incredible and this hotel played a part in that. I will be returning there next yr. Also a massive thanku for the lovely bottle of champagne they gave me and my boyfriend to celebrate us gettin engaged

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Hotel Armstrong Paris? Share your experiences!