“wonderful boutique hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Ares Paris

Save Saved
You added Hotel Ares Paris to your Saves list
Hotel Ares Paris
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7 rue du General de Larminat | 15 Arr. (Tour Eiffel), 75015 Paris, France (Montparnasse)   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #26 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
ringwood nj
“wonderful boutique hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This was my second stay. The staff remembered us and were very welcoming. The hotel is within walking distance of the Eiffel tower, metro and wonderful cafes and patisseries. Sunday morning there was a great flea market one block over. I would love to return.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I did careful research before selecting the hotel I would stay at in Paris. After looking at several and carefully considering the reviews of each I decided on hotel Ares. I was seduced by the number 18 ranking which turned out to be a huge error in judgment. First the hotel is located right in front of an elementary school see you can hear children screaming throughout the day and morning. At night the neighborhood was kind of shady and I saw what appeared to be gang members working around. Before I arrived I was honestly expecting a large marble lobby with a polite doorman and a palatial room. When I walked in the lobby the front desk person appeared to du shoveled and surprised to see us. There really is no lobby to speak of. I was skeptical but we checked in anyway. When we were taken to our room and I open the door I was absolutely shocked. The room is absolutely tiny. In fairness the bathroom was clean at least. It was very difficult to sleep there because it seems throughout the morning there The cleaning staff was obnoxiously loud and even intruded on our room on one occasion despite our having a do not disturb sign on the door. The bed was extremely small and uncomfortable not unlike a Bed of concrete. After two nights I decided we had to leave. of course the hotel refused to refund the remaining four nights. I would've felt ripped off had I been charged one third of the price I paid for this hotel. And the fact that they refused to refund the unused portion was simply salt in the wound. Trust me when I say there are much much better options at this price point do yourself and your wallet a favor and stay away.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
ares15, Owner at Hotel Ares Paris, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us at the Hotel Ares Eiffel and for sharing your impressions on TripAdvisor.

We are very concerned about your comments, as they help us to achieve the level of service and quality we wish to provide our guests with; we have tried to contact you unsuccessfully.

We were surprised to hear that you felt insecure in our neighborhood had you told us we would have enquired immediately, our hotel is located in the 15th “arrondissement” (or “district”), in Paris our district is well known for being residential and our specific area of the district is known for being a bit touristic given our proximity to the Eiffel Tower (the most protected site in Paris at only 5 minutes’ walk). The proximity of an elementary school only compounds the need for safety and security in the area, please be assured that as in most developed touristic cities Paris definitely provides for that safety and security, especially in our neighborhood.

We try our utmost to provide as much service, comfort and amenities as we can, as the majority of reviews today bare witness; our lobby has Baccarat Crystal chandeliers and all our rooms have a Bang & Olufsen television with international cable.

Paris indeed has palatial lobbies and rooms in certain hotels, those hotels are situated two categories above ours and are called “5 star Palace hotels” their price point is also situated significantly above ours, we are sorry to hear that your expectations were allowed to rise so high, despite your thorough and in depth search into our hotel, and that you were not able to find the star rating of our hotel nor any pictures of our rooms, lobby. We were however surprised that when we had offered you a higher room category which was significantly larger, you had refused the solution we had proposed deeming it too expensive.

Concerning our cleaning staff although it is the first time we have received such an opinionated comment on their work we will definitely pass them under review, on those points which you have brought up.

Also concerning our rates, we have preferential rates which are prepaid and non-refundable, as do most hotels; also we have flexible rates which can be cancelled up to 24 hours before arrival. As you can imagine, we cannot refund rates which are “prepaid and non-refundable”, especially when a significant portion of our clientele is loyal to our hotel, and chooses to pay substantially more for “flexible” rates in case of an unexpected change of plans, it would simply be unethical and immoral in the face of our customers and therefore is not a practice of ours.

We are sorry you felt that our hotel was too pricy for you during that period, indeed it was the Fashion Week in Paris at that time which a period in very high demand, and many hotels including ours were full at that time; please feel free to call us should you wish more information concerning our prices and conditions so that we may propose a solution that best suits your needs.

Dear guest, please accept my very best regards, and please do not hesitate to contact me directly either in the days to come concerning your previous stay, or should you choose to come back to Paris, I will personally ensure the quality of your stay with us.

Yours sincerely,

Hotel Owner
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Excellent hotel!

Excellent location; extremely clean with good sized rooms.

The only negative factor is lack of food service. Multiple good sidewalk cafes within 5 min. walk.

We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for Eiffel Tower view.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
ares15, Owner at Hotel Ares Paris, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Guest
we thank you for this comment and are sorry our hotel doesn't have a restaurant but we do
have a room service on the evening and as you say plenty of nice places to eat arround
we are glad to know that you spend a nice stay in our hotel and will be please to welcome you again
very soon
with our best regards
Wellesley, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I traveled to Paris with my boys ages 6 & 7 in August. Paris in August is very busy and Hotel Ares was a perfect combination of location, warm hospitality and far enough away from the 'madness' that Paris in August still felt like a holiday. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel is beautiful and the owners pride in this property shows through the service and decor. The beds were comfortable, room amenities exceeded my expectation - I would stay here again w/out hesitation. ,

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
ares15, Owner at Hotel Ares Paris, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear guest it is wonderful to hear that we succeed for your holiday , me and my staff are very proud and we will continue to work hard to give the same satisfaction to our future guests
hoping to see you soon we send you our best regards

Enrico Casimirri and his staff
Northallerton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We visited the hotel as part of my mum's 60th surprise and it certainly lived up to expectations! From the moment you walk in you are made at home by the friendly staff. The decor is beautifully modern but with a twist of parisian. We found the location to be lovely and quiet but ideal to venture to local restaurants and a pleasant walk to the eiffel tower. The hotel was impressive to the 3 ladies in our group but also think this is perfect for a romantic getaway. We had the buffet breakfast which was all fresh and delicious within a small but beautifully decorated restaurant. I would recommend the hotel to friends and family, to anyone reading this and I will certainly stay here again should I return to paris!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guests

We thank you for this nice review
We are glad that you enjoyed the decor, the location and the staff. We are happy to know
that you "will certainly stay here again should you return to paris" and will hope to have the
pleasure to welcome you again

Kindest Regards
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

The lady who runs the hotel sabourine is very helpful,I was a bit apprehensive to stay in a small hotel with different reviews only to be impressed with their overall service they provided my family.I would recommend this hotel for business or pleasure as it's close to the amenities.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Guests
we thank you for this review, it's nice for me to know that your enjoy our service
and I hope to welcome you again in our Hotel

Best Regards
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I would like to start by suggesting this hotel from reviews and past experiences of clients of this hotel.

Hotel is immaculate from reception to the hotel rooms, each room is presented perfectly and accompanied with luxury bathroom toiletries, Hermes.

Rooms are fitted with Bang and Oulfsen televisions, which for a hotel room I feel first class specially when the rates are so reasonable.

Bedding is luxury Egyptian cotton, pillows of duvet all fluffy and comfortable.

Wifi is available and free of charge!!
Location is 3 minutes away from the Eiffel Tower,

The owner also takes a very key point to make sure your stay is above board, so many companies owned by corporations forget this. He made our stay very pleasant and treat my partner and friends partner to some presents to take home.

Overall I cannot fault this hotel, credit to management.

This is an honest appraisal, look at all the other comments we all can't be wrong
Thanks again.

Greg, Lisa, Ian and Sophia.

Room Tip: Book this hotel - seriously recommended to all.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guests
Thank yo u for taking the time to leave this nice comment on tripadvisor
I always try to do my best for all my clients and I am glad to know that they enjoy
there stay in Paris and our hotel
I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back very soon
Yours Sincerely
Enrico Casimirri

Been to Hotel Ares Paris? Share your experiences!