“Quiet street in great, non-touristy neighborhood” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Ares Paris

Save Saved
You added Hotel Ares Paris to your Saves list
Hotel Ares Paris
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7 rue du General de Larminat | 15 Arr. (Tour Eiffel), 75015 Paris, France (Montparnasse)   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #23 of 1,795 hotels in Paris
Ohio
“Quiet street in great, non-touristy neighborhood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

The Hotel Ares Eiffel was a great choice for our stay that included business in La Defense area as well as tourism. We made it our headquarters for our 4 night stay on the western side of Paris. Located on the left bank, it is just steps away from several cool cafes in the LaMotte Piquet neighborhood, the Eiffel Tower, and Napoleon's Tomb. There is also a Metro stop nearby, as well. Be sure to check out the farmers market on Sunday morning set up along Grenelle Blvd to see the fromage, the fish mongers, and the fresh baked goods, meats, and veggies. Yum! This hotel is in more of a Parisian residential area. No ticky tacky souvenir shops here. The hotel was comfortable with a classic winding staircase in the event you wanted to skip the elevator. Our executive room was spacious with a large, modern bath that included a walk-in rain shower as well as a soaking tub, with Hermes toiletries. A casement window opened out to the interior courtyard. There was a bit of air but absolutely no view from this 2nd floor interior room. But as it turned out, it rained quite a bit and we also slept in one day to noon due to jet lag. This was a very cozy, quiet room for that purpose. We really slept well, very cool and quiet. Staff were polite and spoke decent English but were not what we would consider friendly. They were more than ready to assist when needed, especially when taxis were required.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

1,654 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Bowie, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We stayed for a week this month and could not have had a better experience. The hotel was spotless. We had an executive room for one adult and two kids and had more than enough space in the generously sized room. From the moment we arrived, each person we encountered was extremely pleasant and helpful. The hotel seemed to have been recently renovated and the bathrooms were gorgeous! The staff was helpful in every way. They gave us directions whenever we needed and suggestions on local events that we would otherwise have not been aware of. One afternoon in a terrible thunderstorm, my son lost his phone and I went out looking for it. Unknown to me, the front desk person came out after I left the hotel and on my way back I found her looking for the phone in a complete downpour. I really cannot say enough about this hotel and after only one visit, we will ONLY stay here when we visit Paris again!

Room Tip: If size is your concern, I would definitely recommend the executive room. I did not see other size...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

Perfect location, only 10 minute walk to the eiffel, around the block from all major streets with every type of store, shops, restaurants, metro and the all important monoprix (that's a super Walmart to those in the USA). The rooms are good sized and the staff is warm and wonderful. They do have a breakfast buffet but we chose to walk the one short block and have our expresso on the sidewalks of paris. Free wifi, fitness center too. Loved it here.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I adore this hotel. It's truly a treasure -- my room was so beautifully appointed and the light streaming through was delightful. The walls were pretty thick because I didn't hear anything while relaxing in the room. My choice to stay at Hotel Ares was based on TripAdvisor traveler reviews because I knew I'd be stopping through Paris on my way home from the Middle East and a holiday in the Maldives. I wanted a hotel that could stand up to the luxury of Abu Dhabi, the serenity of a resort in the Indian Ocean. I'd been to Paris twice before and stayed in different sections of the city both times. While those were nice places, I wanted a hotel that could wow me and can say with confidence that Hotel Ares caused me to declare victory because of its sumptuousness and uniqueness.

The location can't be beat...even on a bad day! What's nice about Hotel Ares is that it's not on a main thoroughfare. It's about 1-1/2 blocks removed so you felt like you were in a quaint neighborhood but in a matter of a few minutes you were right in the middle of a fabulous shopping district. And if you're addicted to Sbux like I am, you're in luck because one is a block away.

Wear comfortable shoes if you want to strike out from the hotel on foot to see a lot more of Paris. Although it's billed as being close to the Eiffel Tower it's not exactly around the corner. I took a really nice stroll past the Eiffel Tower and down along the Seine wearing low heeled boots; by the end of the day, and after walking the Jardin Luxemborg, I was pining for more comfortable shoes.

I'll let the photos I took in the room speak for themselves. Needless to say, I recommend it highly and plan to rebook.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

This hotel is located slightly on the safe outside area of Paris. Somewhat near to Eiffel (about 15 minute walk), there’re a few good cafes and restaurants nearby, also a supermarket where you want to stock up your essentials.

Check-in was very quick; Juliana was particularly friendly and helpful. The hotel is a small property so we are not expecting a huge lobby or corridor.

The room was reasonable, it was not large – I had a little trouble opening 2 large luggages. The room is clean and neat, the bed was comfortable. We did not try the mini-bar since the supermarket is so close nearby. They used Hermes toiletries - an added plus. Not sure what the Versace feature wall is for: felt somewhat a minor addition.

Breakfast was simple, but whatever served was decent.

Overall I think this hotel was very good, do try the restaurants nearby, you will realize they are more affordable and of very high quality.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, Ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Hotel is very well located within a few blocks of the eiffel tower, walking distance to a lot of great restaurants, close to metro station. The room was nicely appointed with nice bedding, drapery, chairs, etc. The bathrooms seemed to have been newly remodeled. The room was small but the spaces were functional and sufficient for our purposes as a base for our visit.

My only complaint is that if you are a light sleeper (as I am) this may not be a good fit for you. There were two main nuisances when we were there.

1) the heating system is controlled by one main thermostat for the entire building. When we checked in, we felt the room was stuffy. We tried to turn the heat off but the thermostat just didn't respond. The front desk said that the heat was turned on in the hotel because some of the other guests had complained that it was too cold. I was advised there was nothing they could do about that and that we should just open the window. I figured it was no big deal so we just cracked a window. It was nice until about 7am when all the school kids across the street started to stream into the elementary school a few buildings down. 100 screaming kids plus an open window is just not a relaxing stay.

2) our neighbors upstairs were dragging their furniture around. The hotel rooms have hardwood floors and the furniture tends to be smaller because of the tight spaces. This allows other guest to move furniture around against the hardwood floors frequently and effortlessly. Unfortunately for me, my upstairs neighbor (for the first 3 days I was there), didn't really care about the noise they were making really late and really early in the day. They were moving chairs around all day and by 11pm, I was pretty well fed up. I tried to call downstairs to front desk but found no dial tone on our phone. So, we made our trek to the lobby at 11pm to tell them to call the room above ours to ask our neighbors to quiet down. The front desk asked that I tell him if it "continues to happen". I told him our phone did not work (which was the reason for my being there at 11pm) and that it would be difficult for us to let him know if that continued and that we would appreciate if he could let the other guests know of our concern now. He either didn't call the room upstairs or our neighbors just didn't give a rats [--] about the noise they were making. It continued for days.

It was not a pleasant stay for me for the first 3 days. My husband (who is a heavy sleeper) felt it was just fine.

I would probably not stay here again. I just like to have the option to sleep in on my vacation.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

A dream come true in Paris! The staff defines impeccable customer service. They helped us book tours, shows, made recommendations, directions, and were just so wonderful and helpful! The Location is safe and so close to the Eiffel Tower, Shops, Cafes, Florists, Wine Stores, the Metro... You name it! Our room was wonderful, modern, classy, & clean, not too small by any means just spacious enough, and the bathroom was fabulous! I enjoyed the 5 Euro a day mini bar ( yes all contents just 5 Euros), and the Hermes Toiletries !! I will be back!!

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Hotel Ares Paris? Share your experiences!