“I'll be back!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Ares Paris

You added Hotel Ares Paris to your Saves list
Hotel Ares Paris
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7 rue du General de Larminat | 15 Arr. (Tour Eiffel), 75015 Paris, France (Montparnasse)   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #26 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“I'll be back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I adore this hotel. It's truly a treasure -- my room was so beautifully appointed and the light streaming through was delightful. The walls were pretty thick because I didn't hear anything while relaxing in the room. My choice to stay at Hotel Ares was based on TripAdvisor traveler reviews because I knew I'd be stopping through Paris on my way home from the Middle East and a holiday in the Maldives. I wanted a hotel that could stand up to the luxury of Abu Dhabi, the serenity of a resort in the Indian Ocean. I'd been to Paris twice before and stayed in different sections of the city both times. While those were nice places, I wanted a hotel that could wow me and can say with confidence that Hotel Ares caused me to declare victory because of its sumptuousness and uniqueness.

The location can't be beat...even on a bad day! What's nice about Hotel Ares is that it's not on a main thoroughfare. It's about 1-1/2 blocks removed so you felt like you were in a quaint neighborhood but in a matter of a few minutes you were right in the middle of a fabulous shopping district. And if you're addicted to Sbux like I am, you're in luck because one is a block away.

Wear comfortable shoes if you want to strike out from the hotel on foot to see a lot more of Paris. Although it's billed as being close to the Eiffel Tower it's not exactly around the corner. I took a really nice stroll past the Eiffel Tower and down along the Seine wearing low heeled boots; by the end of the day, and after walking the Jardin Luxemborg, I was pining for more comfortable shoes.

I'll let the photos I took in the room speak for themselves. Needless to say, I recommend it highly and plan to rebook.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

This hotel is located slightly on the safe outside area of Paris. Somewhat near to Eiffel (about 15 minute walk), there’re a few good cafes and restaurants nearby, also a supermarket where you want to stock up your essentials.

Check-in was very quick; Juliana was particularly friendly and helpful. The hotel is a small property so we are not expecting a huge lobby or corridor.

The room was reasonable, it was not large – I had a little trouble opening 2 large luggages. The room is clean and neat, the bed was comfortable. We did not try the mini-bar since the supermarket is so close nearby. They used Hermes toiletries - an added plus. Not sure what the Versace feature wall is for: felt somewhat a minor addition.

Breakfast was simple, but whatever served was decent.

Overall I think this hotel was very good, do try the restaurants nearby, you will realize they are more affordable and of very high quality.

San Francisco, Ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Hotel is very well located within a few blocks of the eiffel tower, walking distance to a lot of great restaurants, close to metro station. The room was nicely appointed with nice bedding, drapery, chairs, etc. The bathrooms seemed to have been newly remodeled. The room was small but the spaces were functional and sufficient for our purposes as a base for our visit.

My only complaint is that if you are a light sleeper (as I am) this may not be a good fit for you. There were two main nuisances when we were there.

1) the heating system is controlled by one main thermostat for the entire building. When we checked in, we felt the room was stuffy. We tried to turn the heat off but the thermostat just didn't respond. The front desk said that the heat was turned on in the hotel because some of the other guests had complained that it was too cold. I was advised there was nothing they could do about that and that we should just open the window. I figured it was no big deal so we just cracked a window. It was nice until about 7am when all the school kids across the street started to stream into the elementary school a few buildings down. 100 screaming kids plus an open window is just not a relaxing stay.

2) our neighbors upstairs were dragging their furniture around. The hotel rooms have hardwood floors and the furniture tends to be smaller because of the tight spaces. This allows other guest to move furniture around against the hardwood floors frequently and effortlessly. Unfortunately for me, my upstairs neighbor (for the first 3 days I was there), didn't really care about the noise they were making really late and really early in the day. They were moving chairs around all day and by 11pm, I was pretty well fed up. I tried to call downstairs to front desk but found no dial tone on our phone. So, we made our trek to the lobby at 11pm to tell them to call the room above ours to ask our neighbors to quiet down. The front desk asked that I tell him if it "continues to happen". I told him our phone did not work (which was the reason for my being there at 11pm) and that it would be difficult for us to let him know if that continued and that we would appreciate if he could let the other guests know of our concern now. He either didn't call the room upstairs or our neighbors just didn't give a rats [--] about the noise they were making. It continued for days.

It was not a pleasant stay for me for the first 3 days. My husband (who is a heavy sleeper) felt it was just fine.

I would probably not stay here again. I just like to have the option to sleep in on my vacation.

Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

A dream come true in Paris! The staff defines impeccable customer service. They helped us book tours, shows, made recommendations, directions, and were just so wonderful and helpful! The Location is safe and so close to the Eiffel Tower, Shops, Cafes, Florists, Wine Stores, the Metro... You name it! Our room was wonderful, modern, classy, & clean, not too small by any means just spacious enough, and the bathroom was fabulous! I enjoyed the 5 Euro a day mini bar ( yes all contents just 5 Euros), and the Hermes Toiletries !! I will be back!!

• Stayed June 2013
Belleville,NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

It was our first trip to Paris and chose this hotel because of tripadvisor reviews and the fact that it was a small hotel. My husband and I were giving each other a pat on the back for a good choice indeed!
Stayed here with our kids (13 yo and 7 yo) and they loved this hotel just as much as we did. The rooms are very clean! The bed is very comfortable, and something to look forward to after touring Paris all day. The bathroom is spacious, clean and very modern. They provide you with delightful Hermes bath products so you can enjoy your warm bath or shower even more.
There's something cozy and yet romantic about the rooms as well. I love having the huge windows that open out. It was nice to get fresh air in the room or even just to hear the pleasant sounds of kids playing, someone cooking, etc... Staying in this hotel made me feel like I was staying at a family member's house. The bedroom has wooden floors which I loved as well ( I know, I love everything about the room)... they provide you with fluffy white slippers for each member of your party. The room has a fridge which for 5 Euros they will stock with drinks daily... this is a bargain as they provide you with ample amount of drinks. There is also a mini market very close to the hotel where we bought milk for the kids.
Service is excellent! We had trouble when we first arrived (our fault) but the receptionist and owner was so nice & accommodating. My husband had pleasant conversations with the owner and he even introduced his little girl to our son. You are always greeted with a smiling face to say good morning or good night. It made me smile to see the receptionist go to the Sweet shop to refill the candy & treats in the lobby area. We didn't take advantage of the buffet breakfast but did have room service twice for our very early days. Room service came on time and was just as delicious as the breakfast place around the corner.
Location was perfect for us as well. Walking distance to the Eiffel, Metro and lots of places to eat around. Pharmacy, mini markets are also very close in any case you might need them.
We did enjoy this restaurant called, Suffren. The food was delicious and very good service as well. We actually went back twice because the food was soo good! It is only a block or so from the hotel.
Before I forget, free Wifi by the way!

Thank you to the owner and staff of Hotel Ares! We enjoyed every minute in your hotel and we are sure to see you again soon!

Room Tip: In Europe, make sure you count every member in your party no matter how young they are! If you have...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

The staff was really nice and helpful we even remember her name = Juliana ( we never remember any names in our previous stay)

The rooms were a bit small, but seems this way by French standards. Rooms were cleaned really well and close to train station/ food and shops.

Close to the Eiffel Tower. Uses Hermes toiletries.

Only down side was people across the road seems to party till late night.

Room Tip: Choose higher up & spend more for bigger rooms.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Very nice boutiqe hotel near the champ de mars and tour eiffel. Overall excellent service by the friendly staff and attention to detail. The hotel was very nicely decorated with high end furnishings eg Versace bathrooms and Hermes toiletries. Only criticisms are the rooms are a bit small (not a problem for us being out all day) and the location is a bit hard to find for taxi drivers. Just had to mention the la motte piquet metro station nearby which is another huge convenience. Also nice less-touristy neighborhood with a lot of local residents and a good selection of nice bistros nearby. So it was definitely not the Four Seasons on the Champs elyssee but for the price and comfort this was a great place to celebrate our anniversary

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Hotel Ares Paris? Share your experiences!