“nice, charming, but noisy hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Ares Paris

Save Saved
You added Hotel Ares Paris to your Saves list
Hotel Ares Paris
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7 rue du General de Larminat | 15 Arr. (Tour Eiffel), 75015 Paris, France (Montparnasse)   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #24 of 1,796 hotels in Paris
San Francisco, Ca
“nice, charming, but noisy hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Hotel is very well located within a few blocks of the eiffel tower, walking distance to a lot of great restaurants, close to metro station. The room was nicely appointed with nice bedding, drapery, chairs, etc. The bathrooms seemed to have been newly remodeled. The room was small but the spaces were functional and sufficient for our purposes as a base for our visit.

My only complaint is that if you are a light sleeper (as I am) this may not be a good fit for you. There were two main nuisances when we were there.

1) the heating system is controlled by one main thermostat for the entire building. When we checked in, we felt the room was stuffy. We tried to turn the heat off but the thermostat just didn't respond. The front desk said that the heat was turned on in the hotel because some of the other guests had complained that it was too cold. I was advised there was nothing they could do about that and that we should just open the window. I figured it was no big deal so we just cracked a window. It was nice until about 7am when all the school kids across the street started to stream into the elementary school a few buildings down. 100 screaming kids plus an open window is just not a relaxing stay.

2) our neighbors upstairs were dragging their furniture around. The hotel rooms have hardwood floors and the furniture tends to be smaller because of the tight spaces. This allows other guest to move furniture around against the hardwood floors frequently and effortlessly. Unfortunately for me, my upstairs neighbor (for the first 3 days I was there), didn't really care about the noise they were making really late and really early in the day. They were moving chairs around all day and by 11pm, I was pretty well fed up. I tried to call downstairs to front desk but found no dial tone on our phone. So, we made our trek to the lobby at 11pm to tell them to call the room above ours to ask our neighbors to quiet down. The front desk asked that I tell him if it "continues to happen". I told him our phone did not work (which was the reason for my being there at 11pm) and that it would be difficult for us to let him know if that continued and that we would appreciate if he could let the other guests know of our concern now. He either didn't call the room upstairs or our neighbors just didn't give a rats [--] about the noise they were making. It continued for days.

It was not a pleasant stay for me for the first 3 days. My husband (who is a heavy sleeper) felt it was just fine.

I would probably not stay here again. I just like to have the option to sleep in on my vacation.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

1,650 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

A dream come true in Paris! The staff defines impeccable customer service. They helped us book tours, shows, made recommendations, directions, and were just so wonderful and helpful! The Location is safe and so close to the Eiffel Tower, Shops, Cafes, Florists, Wine Stores, the Metro... You name it! Our room was wonderful, modern, classy, & clean, not too small by any means just spacious enough, and the bathroom was fabulous! I enjoyed the 5 Euro a day mini bar ( yes all contents just 5 Euros), and the Hermes Toiletries !! I will be back!!

• Stayed June 2013
Belleville,NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

It was our first trip to Paris and chose this hotel because of tripadvisor reviews and the fact that it was a small hotel. My husband and I were giving each other a pat on the back for a good choice indeed!
Stayed here with our kids (13 yo and 7 yo) and they loved this hotel just as much as we did. The rooms are very clean! The bed is very comfortable, and something to look forward to after touring Paris all day. The bathroom is spacious, clean and very modern. They provide you with delightful Hermes bath products so you can enjoy your warm bath or shower even more.
There's something cozy and yet romantic about the rooms as well. I love having the huge windows that open out. It was nice to get fresh air in the room or even just to hear the pleasant sounds of kids playing, someone cooking, etc... Staying in this hotel made me feel like I was staying at a family member's house. The bedroom has wooden floors which I loved as well ( I know, I love everything about the room)... they provide you with fluffy white slippers for each member of your party. The room has a fridge which for 5 Euros they will stock with drinks daily... this is a bargain as they provide you with ample amount of drinks. There is also a mini market very close to the hotel where we bought milk for the kids.
Service is excellent! We had trouble when we first arrived (our fault) but the receptionist and owner was so nice & accommodating. My husband had pleasant conversations with the owner and he even introduced his little girl to our son. You are always greeted with a smiling face to say good morning or good night. It made me smile to see the receptionist go to the Sweet shop to refill the candy & treats in the lobby area. We didn't take advantage of the buffet breakfast but did have room service twice for our very early days. Room service came on time and was just as delicious as the breakfast place around the corner.
Location was perfect for us as well. Walking distance to the Eiffel, Metro and lots of places to eat around. Pharmacy, mini markets are also very close in any case you might need them.
We did enjoy this restaurant called, Suffren. The food was delicious and very good service as well. We actually went back twice because the food was soo good! It is only a block or so from the hotel.
Before I forget, free Wifi by the way!

Thank you to the owner and staff of Hotel Ares! We enjoyed every minute in your hotel and we are sure to see you again soon!

Room Tip: In Europe, make sure you count every member in your party no matter how young they are! If you have...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

The staff was really nice and helpful we even remember her name = Juliana ( we never remember any names in our previous stay)

The rooms were a bit small, but seems this way by French standards. Rooms were cleaned really well and close to train station/ food and shops.

Close to the Eiffel Tower. Uses Hermes toiletries.

Only down side was people across the road seems to party till late night.

Room Tip: Choose higher up & spend more for bigger rooms.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Very nice boutiqe hotel near the champ de mars and tour eiffel. Overall excellent service by the friendly staff and attention to detail. The hotel was very nicely decorated with high end furnishings eg Versace bathrooms and Hermes toiletries. Only criticisms are the rooms are a bit small (not a problem for us being out all day) and the location is a bit hard to find for taxi drivers. Just had to mention the la motte piquet metro station nearby which is another huge convenience. Also nice less-touristy neighborhood with a lot of local residents and a good selection of nice bistros nearby. So it was definitely not the Four Seasons on the Champs elyssee but for the price and comfort this was a great place to celebrate our anniversary

• Stayed June 2013
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

This review is long overdue. Near the centre of all actions in Paris, this great boutique hotel gave me the peace of mind needed. Staffs were very friendly and helpful. The owner offered to buy our unused MTR tickets when we left, thank you!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

From the minute we were welcomed at the curb at the hotel, we felt very comfortable and excited to call this hotel home for a few days. Your personalized service was fantastic. The hotel is tucked away, but close to great cafes, the metro and Eiffel Tower. If you are looking for service, this is the hotel for you.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Ares Paris? Share your experiences!