“Helpful staffs & nice rooms & fantastic breakfast” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mercure Paris Convention Parc Expo

You added Mercure Paris Convention Parc Expo to your Saves list
Mercure Paris Convention Parc Expo
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6 rue Saint Lambert, 75015 Paris, France (Formerly Mercure Paris XV)   |
Special Offer
2 nights = up to 40% off
Ranked #896 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
“Helpful staffs & nice rooms & fantastic breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

[Location]: close to Boucicaut metro which takes you directly to city centre; [Room]: descent size. powerful shower and clean toilets. cleanliness of the floor carpet can be further improved; [Breakfast]: Breakfast in Paris are expen$ive! the wonderful selection buffet breakfast offered by the hotel gives a good start of the day in Paris. [Service]: Friendly staffs. [Nearby]: There are local shops and groceries close by the hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Maryline D, Directrice at Mercure Paris Convention Parc Expo, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for sharing your impressions of our hotel with other travellers.
We loved to know that you enjoyed the stay with us because our aim is to make you feel well 24h a day. We do our best to give you the essential and more, specially smiles!
Our hotel has indeed a very good location with all you may need and just next to many beautiful places to see.
Our breakfast has indeed a lot to offer : fresh fruit juices, scrambled eggs, bacon and sausages, cheese, varied breads and wide selection of croissants and similar products will accompany your hot drink!

Hope to see you again,

Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed in this hotel whilst exhibiting at the Expo centre. It's a short walk and provided you are successful in avoiding the numerous piles of dog mess en-route, should get there fairly quickly.
The hotel is pretty standard, rooms aren't huge but for just me, it was more than adequate.
Sadly there was no one English speaking channels available on the room tv which I was surprised at given the international clientele.
When we arrived the receptionist didn't immediately serve us and chose to answer the telephone each time it rang instead. Was asking the caller to hold such a major problem? That said, the staff were perfectly polite and helpful the rest of the stay. No real problems there.
The breakfast was limited and I struggled to see how it could justify the €17 price tag. I chose to eat elsewhere after that.
What is it about Mercure showers too? They are clearly designed for aesthetics without considering functionality. Once again, the showerhead was in a poor place in relation to the plug and enclosure opening.
On the whole, a more than suitable hotel with few minor issues.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Dear Chrissansom,

Many thanks for your comments.
We are indeed a good hotel for business travellers and also for holidays in Paris. Our hotel is in an excellent location close to Boucicaut or Convention metro, giving easy access to all of the major tourist attractions. The hotel is also within walking distance of the "Parc des Expositions de la Porte de Versailles".
Our rooms are compact but are more than adequate with modern amenities and modern bathroom facilities.
Our aim is to make you feel well 24h a day. We do our best to give you the essential and more, specially smiles!

We all hope to welcome you soon.

London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2014

I booked this hotel after a lot of research to be near a friend's flat.

When I arrived about 4pm the lady on reception told me they did not have a room for me.

She was perfectly pleasant, made me a coffee and paid for a taxi to another hotel.

The other hotel was OK, but I was really not happy to have to change hotels.

Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Maryline D, Directrice at Mercure Paris Convention Parc Expo, responded to this review, November 3, 2014
Dear ex-fandes60s,

Please accept all my sinceres apologies for the inconvenience caused. Be assured that this is not usual.
I know that you enjoyed your stay in the other Mercure. That's very important for us.
We hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you on your next stay. Do not hesitate to contact me directly to make the reservation.

Best regards.

Doha, Qatar
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2014

First impressions count. I was greeted by a grumpy front office attendant, if you can call it a greeting at all. Further interactions were the same.
The hotel is in a noisy location due to the schools around it but the hotel cannot control that.

Twice I requested an early morning call and twice, I did not get the call. Luckily I had a back up of my phone alarm.

The room itself was comfortable although cramped and breakfast was adequate. Nespresso coffee was a treat.

One day, my room was not serviced at all and although the bath mat was changed every day, in a week, I did not have the towels changed.

Tea and milk was provided but we're not replaced.

It appears there are only two irons, so be prepared to wait several hours to do any ironing.

My first and last visit to this hotel.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor and for your constructive feedback.

I am sadden to hear that your experience in our property did not live up to our usual level of service.

Please do not hesitate to contact my office directly if you wish to visit us again. I would be eager to restore your faith in our property and I assure you in advance of our best care and attention.

With my best regards

2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2014

I have stayed once before at the Mercure but won't be going back anymore. The other reviews that talks about the brick-like mattress are accurate -- they are very firm (maybe too firm?)
But the reason I am writing this is for West Coast US travellers who might do what I did: get in from SF on the flight that arrives at noon, make your way into Paris, check in, and take a nap oh around 2ish and get woken up by screaming children, because yes, every room on the back of this hotel overlooks a elemenetary schoolyard, where these adorable French kids yell and sing in French -- its very photogenic but not good for a nap -- at all. I wne tdown to complain and say UI asked fror chambre tranquille and they explained that if they moved to the front there was ANOTHER school which gets noisy at night. This is true in fact, so they advised me to stay oin my room because the noise would abate at the end of the afternoon. Well I was just so darn grumpy I decided to vacate this hotel, after a stay of under 2 hours. But yes, they charged for the night. And so I write this review to warn others that, despite its generally fine condition, there is no compassion and precious little peace.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

Been to Mercure Paris Convention Parc Expo? Share your experiences!