“Nice hotel but bad attitude workers” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Mercure Paris Centre Tour Eiffel

You added Mercure Paris Centre Tour Eiffel to your Saves list
Mercure Paris Centre Tour Eiffel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   20 rue Jean Rey | Cedex 15, 75015 Paris, France (Eiffel Tower / Invalides / Palais-Bourbon)   |
Special Offer
2 nights = up to 40% off
Ranked #494 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Sierre, Switzerland
“Nice hotel but bad attitude workers”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

This is my very first time to visit Paris. We have booked 2 twin room in the same floor as I have 3 friends traveled together. When we checked in to the hotel, they informed us that they have run out of Twin room and give us 2 rooms with King Size bed and even worst we were separated in 2 different floor. They promised to change our room to a Twin room next day. However, they didn't give us the room change and denied the promised they made without apologize.How rude is this staff. This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed before.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (312)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Darien, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

This hotel very well resemble a chic and elegnat style. With most hotels in Europe, I notice that the finishing work in the rooms is not quite complete, like baseboard issues or cracks in the walls. This hotel (at least our room) had none of this. Additionally, both the lobby and the room were quite modern and its just looked inviting for me. As with most European rooms, this is was small as well but nothing out of the norm. I had only one gripe, and that was with the staff. I used to be an Accor Club gold member and so I expected a little bit of a higher standard of service, expecially since I paid the full fare for the room (not the one you would normally pay on expedia or orbitz). When my wife and I arrived, we actually arrive at the wrong Mercure Tour Eiffel, and I decided I would switch hotels since it was a fully refundable fare anyways-this was completely legit. I received so much attitude (at that point and during our whole stay) that I have actually never been back to an Accor hotel; I just let all my points lapse. This wasn't my bad interaction with Accor, but it certainly made it my last.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
MercureCtrTourEiffel, Directeur général at Mercure Paris Centre Tour Eiffel, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Darien,

Thank you for choosing the Mercure Centre Tour Eiffel for your trip to Paris and for taking the time to share your experience with us.
We are pleased to learn that you appreciate the room and its amenities.
We are sorry to learn your feelings you had concerning the service and and we beg you to accept our sincere apologies. We have transferred your feed-back to our Front-Office Manager and to our Food and Beverage Manager.

We hope to welcome you again when you have the opportunity to come back to Paris.

Best Regards,

Laurent MAUGUIT,
Sevenoaks
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

This hotel appears to divide reviewers but, having recently returned from three nights there, I cannot understand the negatives. Its location is great, near the metro and RER and a stone's throw from the Eiffel Tower. Having lived in Paris, I feel this famous landmark is somewhat overrated, so having a room at the back of the hotel without the view was not a problem. The staff are charming and polite, the rooms well-soundproofed and comfortable - yes, they are compact, but so are the vast majority of city centre hotels in the world. Breakfast, included as part of our package, was plentiful and good, but for those who would otherwise pay separately it may make sense to go out locally. There are several nearby places. We would definitely return.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We stayed at the Mercure Paris Center Tour Eifffel during a month long, eight country tour of Europe and this hotel was on par with the average European hotel but the location was outstanding, within walking of the Eiffel Tower and many fine restaurants.The rooms were on the small side but that is expected with most traditional European hotels.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Long story short, I booked a two night stay through Expedia and when i looked at the confirmation 5 days prior to my arrival in Paris i noticed that dates were two days off. When I called Mercure and Expedia neither business would help me. It was a simple problem with a simple solution to move the reservations two days ahead, and I would of gladly paid the difference, and there was availability. I was shocked at how inflexible the staff at Mercure were to help a potential life long customer who travels to Paris quite a bit. I ended up paying for the two nights even though I didn't use the room. If a big hotel like Accor feels like this is a fair policy and treats people like this it's a shame. I would recommend staying at the Eiffel Saint Charles which is down the street and had amazing staff.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
MercureCtrTourEiffel, Directeur général at Mercure Paris Centre Tour Eiffel, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear emily r,
Thank you for staying in our hotel and writing your comment. Please accept our apologies about the way you were treated, I forwarded your comment to the front office manager.
I understand how frustrating this situation must have been: we do provide promotional rates that are non refundable and non cancellable. If the booking comes from another website than accorhotels.com or mercure.com it gives us no flexibilty at all. For your next stay allow me to recommend you to book our flexible rate, that allows you to cancel or modify until 5pm on the day of arrival.
I really hope you will give us the opportunity to welcoming you soon in the best possible conditions (when you do make sure you send me an email before at h2175-SE@accor.com).
Laurent Mauguit, General Manager
Melbourne Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

My adult son and I stayed here for 9 nights recently . I can't fault the hotel in any regard. We arrived from the airport at 7.00am and were given a room (309) straight away. I also asked if we could have a breakfast and were told to go through to the dining room. The breakfast buffet was plentiful, with bacon, eggs, sausages, pancakes, fresh fruit, a selection of cold meats. There were cereals and yogurts also to choose from and pastries that were delicious. The room was suitable for us, with the double bed and a fold out divan/bed that was made up for my son. We found the reception staff very friendly and helpful and the waiting staff in the dining room were always friendly and eager to help. Yes, their English and our French were not always the best, but overall they made a great effort to talk to us in English, which we appreciated.The cleaning staff were also friendly and helpful if needed.The room always looked lovely and clean each day when we returned. The staff in the bar/lounge area were great, they took an interest in hearing about where we were from (Australia) and couldn't have been nicer. The beds were comfortable and yes, the toilet and bathroom may have been small, but in the scheme of things it didn't worry us. The closeness to the Eiffel Tower was just the best. I hope if the Mecure staff read this, that they pass on our thanks to all their staff for making our stay a fabulous one. We didn't stay at this hotel the first time we came to Paris a few years ago, but I wouldn't hesitate to stay at the Mecure again, if we are lucky enough to visit this beautiful city in the future.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Mercure Paris Centre Tour Eiffel? Share your experiences!