“Clean, inexpensive, but...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Albert 1er

You added Albert 1er to your Saves list
Albert 1er
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   162 Rue La Fayette | 10th Arr., 75010 Paris, France (Formerly Best Western Albert Premier)   |
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #1,037 of 1,792 Hotels in Paris
Fort Myers, Florida
“Clean, inexpensive, but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was part of a package deal thru Delta. The price for air fare and 5 nights was less than just airfare which we couldn't pass up. That was the good part. Room is small, no drawers, beds are not real comfy. Being right next to a major train station has advantages and disadvantages... Easy access to most RER city lines, but the station is a hangout for pickpockets and homeless. Breakfast was a bit pricey 16 euro, so we found a local bakery. Most staff very helpful.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
trebla4, Responsable réception at Albert 1er, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are really sorry you didn't enjoy your stay at the Hôtel Albert 1er.
That's true the rooms are not so big in Paris, ours measure between 12 m2 and 18 m2 with wardrobe, however to get a more spacious room, ask for a "supérieure" room.

We do hope you will soon come back and enjoy an even better experience at our property.
Nadia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Maracaibo, Venezuela
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

excellent location, good food (great breakfast), confortable beds, great attention, the receptionist speacks english, french and spanish and its very friendly. Very good services. The elevator its a little unconfortable but its ok to care the lugagge.

Room Tip: little noise for the constructions around but its ok
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your nice comment.
All the staff will apreciate to read it.
We look foward to welcoming you and you family again at the Hotel Albert 1er.
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

In Paris for a long weekend to celebrate my 50th birthday. Chose this hotel as Best Westerns are usually quite reliable and it was very close to Gare du Nord. And it is indeed just a short 3 minute stroll from the station. Reception staff were extremely helpful, recommending local restaurants for us to try and sorting us out with speciality tea for our room. Rooms are 'cosy' but clean and perfectly acceptable for the price and location. We also had an ensuite with a view - French windows opening out onto the street, which we found very entertaining!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
trebla4, Responsable réception at Albert 1er, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for the nice review.
It is a true pleasure to hear our guests have a nice time with us.
We will let the whole staff know about your kind comments, they 'll be delighted.
We hope to see you again in Paris very soon.

San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

When my son set off for an easter break Eurail trip his first leg was a budget flight from Spain to Paris; arriving about 11 PM. My wife and I were naturally worried about such a late night arrival for a 21 year old in such a big, strange city.
So after some searching (Trip Advisor of course) I took a chance on this to treat him to his first night's stay. The close location to the train station from which he'd set off the next day for Amsterdam was a big deal too.
Well, they delivered, especially the awesome reception desk staff (Nadia) who was so quick & responsive via email when I requested his room be held until after midnight to as late as 2-3 AM (we had no idea if his plane would be late, if buses ran, etc.).
Nadia recommended taxis and gave the maximum charge my son should incur from Orly airport.
My son & his buddies didn't end up spending much time in the room as they hit the Paris streets upon arrival and returned to sleep around 6 AM. But at least a warm, dry room with shower was available to them !!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
trebla4, Responsable réception at Albert 1er, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking time to give your comments after the stay of your son.
I'm glad to know that you enjoyed the timeliness of responses by mail.
Durham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

This hotel is very close and convenient for the main rail station, Gare du Nord. We found the hotel reception staff friendly, helpful and very approachable. For a 3 star hotel, the accommodation was OK. Rooms were clean, but the furniture was a little basic and not well finished (I had problems closing my wardrobe door). I did appreciate the comfortable chairs and tables in the hotel entrance lobby, however.

The reason for our stay in Paris was to celebrate my mother's 70th birthday, which she celebrated on the 4th day of our visit. I asked the reception staff if they would arrange for a bouquet of flowers to be placed in my parents' room on the morning of the birthday and offered to pay for this. Not only did the hotel staff NOT charge me, they even left a small box of chocolates and handwritten card (signed by all the reception staff) along with the card our family signed. My Mum was delighted with the large bouquet of flowers left in her room & appreciated the card and chocolates! It certainly made her day.

On our last day I travelled home to England & realised when I was back in the UK that I had left my camera behind in the hotel. I telephoned the hotel & spoke to one of the receptionists, who had been trying to contact me via our Travel Agency as he had noticed my camera on the floor in the entrance lobby. I e-mailed my home address & offered to pay for postage of return of my camera to the UK by giving my credit card details over the phone. A few days later my camera arrived safely in the UK. It was well packaged in a sturdy box and had been treated as if it was precious china! Again, the hotel staff did not charge me for this service.

It is rare to receive service over & above the call of duty as we have from this particular hotel. I think some of our UK hotels would do well to follow this good example!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to leave a comment following your stay.
We are happy to read you enjoyed the hospitality of the reception and all our services.
We hope to have pleasure of welcoming you back soon in Paris.

Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

The Eurostar arrives at the Gare du Nord in Paris and the Albert is a short walk (about 3 minutes) from the station. The check in was quick, the room was good and the full French breakfast delicious. As we had time before taking over our flat we were able to check out, leave our luggage to be picked up later and walk to Sacre Coeur a far but easy walk away.The staff were excellent and very obliging.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you to have chosen the Hotel Albert 1er and also taking the time to give us your feedback.
All the staff are glad to know you apreciated our service.
Do not hesitate to contact us to enjoy best offer.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again very soon.
Hobart, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

this hotel was right near gard du nor in paris so very convenient as i had travelled by the fast train from den hague and all i had to do was walk 5 minutes to the hotel. i was given a lovely corner room with opening windows and a tiny balcony which i used as a fridge. no kettle in the room which is normal in paris. lovely bath. all very tiny but that is normal is paris also. really romantic like out of a movie with the sirens and parisienne life all around me. my only complaint was the thin walls but this isnt unusual in a hotel also. the staff were very helpful and kind. really a lovely memory for me.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
trebla4, Responsable réception at Albert 1er, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you to have chosen the Hôtel Albert 1er and also taking the time to give us your feedback.
All the staff are glad to know you apreciated our service.
We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again.

Nadia

Been to Albert 1er? Share your experiences!