“Great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Le Lapin Blanc

You added Le Lapin Blanc to your Saves list
Le Lapin Blanc
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   41 Boulevard Saint-Michel, 75005 Paris, France (Formerly Hotel Dacia Luxembourg) (Quartier Latin)   |
Ranked #280 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2015 via mobile

Nice little hotel. Great location ten mins walk from notre damn and close to the louvre. Modern pastel interiors, nice beds. We had a nice bath in our room which we could both easily get in (room 32). We were staying for one night but I did think the wardrobe space very small if you were staying longer and wanted to unpack!! They provide some bath salts and creams etc. Tea bags although only one and there were two of us. You can have breakfast downstairs - the room looks nice but we wanted to try some pastries in paris!! There is a car park about two mins walk away if you need one and it cost us about 38 euros for 24 hours... There is a great little wine shop up the road with a really helpful
Man. The area has lots of restaurants and bars around if you explore which is nice. We ate at a lovely restaurant in the 6th Fish La Boissonnerie it was great. The prescription cocktail bar is very cool it has expensive drinks but if you are looking for nice cocktails you May enjoy it. Enjoy Paris !!!

• Stayed February 2015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Polish first
Lancashire UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2015

Spent 3 nights here for a City break.
we were allocated room 33, which was beautiful, the furnishings were fabulous and a little quirky, and the room spotless with good quality fixtures and fittings.
The rainfall shower was great and the little bathroom was a joy.The bathroom itself is not a seperate room (the toilet is) but seperated by a muslin curtain (you cnt see through it) and to be fair this adds some real character to the room.
The hotel is 5 minutes walk to Notre Dame and well situated for sight seeing.
all the staff were very helpful and friendly!

overall super!!
Would def. return

Room Tip: 33 is a fab room
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2015

My husband and I spent two nights for our mini-honeymoon and after coming from a big, commercial hotel near Palais du Congress this hotel is absolutely magical. The room was beautiful, huge and the tub was big enough to swim laps. The rainfall shower was amazing and there are thoughtful touches everywhere you look. This made the rest of our trip so so so much better. The staff are friendly and sweet and the location is incredible. Across from Notre Dame, walking distance to the Musee d'Orsay, Louvre and Marais district. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2014

The hotel is beautifully decorated and excellently designed! Small in size but made really good use of the space! Breakfast options are small but suit the style of the hotel. It's quiet and very luxurious in a simple way. You will truly enjoy your stay here.

Stayed November 2014
Kuwait City, Kuwait
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2014

On first glance the place looks quite pleasant and welcoming but then the problems become evident:

- shower lacks a simple place to put toiletries such as shampoo and soap.
- Internet is free but useless 99% of the time. This is a major issue for anyone planning to do any work while there and possibly even for those that don't. Compounding this problem is fact that cell phone coverage is weak too so best data connection is GPRS on my phone which doesn't allow me to connect either. Very disappointing.
- Noise: can hear almost every sound and scratch in neighboring rooms and in the hallways.
- Slippers: didn't find any bath slippers in the room.
- no 'do not disturb' door sign anywhere. If you want to sleep in I guess you have to make your own somehow or wing it.
- Shower made a loud groaning noise that was annoying though water pressure was good. Bad plumbing likely.
- Shower door handle was missing. Looked tacky.
- Rooms are well lit compared to other hotels and this was welcome as there is limited natural light in the inward facing rooms.
- No safe in three of the rooms in the hotel. Apparently this was overlooked somehow in the design and there is no alternative for storing valuables.

If you get a really good deal then the hotel may be worth it especially if all you need is a bed and you don't plan on doing much in the room otherwise. There are also limited public spaces to hang out in the hotel. The location is central with a marks and spencer food shop next door among many other shops.

The place is also within close proximity of the Luxembourg Gardens.

Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2014

We went to Paris for 3 nights looking to stay somewhere in the 5th / 6th and a friend recommended we try the newly re-branded Le Lapin Blanc. The price was reasonable at 265 Euro but hardly a steal though the location looked perfect for our plans of simply "wandering around Paris".
We arrived at an unassuming building on the busy St Michel and walked into the narrow entry to a cramped reception area. The reception was a nice young and very casual man who sped us through check-in. The elevator is very small (3 people or 225kg) which means large luggage can be a problem and the stairs somewhat narrow. The area is right next to La Sorbonne and hence there are a lot of students in evidence. At night however the street and room were happily quite quiet.
We were given room 22 which was lovely (wonderful huge bathtub and light blue hues with white) and had a private little balcony overlooking the street (no chairs or anything but standing out in the evening breeze was nice). The king bed (we looked specifically for one - they are harder to find than you might expect in Paris) was very comfortable and the duvet soft and warm. No extra pillows / towels or blankets were provided however (assume you could request). The room was cozy but no place to properly store baggage and the closet is quite small with no additional place to put things. Toilet is in a similarly small room with a sliding door.
We came and left seeing a number of quite young and always casual staff. Most were mildly indifferent (not rude but hardly energetic or particularly helpful). The room was serviced well our first day but the second saw no replenishment of toiletries nor removal of used coffee mugs etc... Good thing we are not messy but unbelievable that housekeeping would come and not remove obviously used dishes.
Apparently they have room service which is provided by an off-premises caterer. Did not order but the menu looked nice. Why you would stay in and where you would eat in your room...?
Television had reasonable selections but if you wanted to chill out and say watch a movie then better bring an iPad with Netflix. Speaking of which - the internet is free but spotty; several times it crashed while streaming content and the device had to be rebooted to again connect properly.
We did not have breakfast, preferring to venture out, but heard a few non-specific grumbles from others.
In essence a lovely though not cheap room in a good location for sightseeing, dining, shopping etc... but those looking to be pampered in house will be left feeling disappointed.

Room Tip: Room 22 has a private balcony (also the room next door = 23?). Rooms seem to vary quite a lot in ter...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2014

.. I just hope I was just extremely unlucky and this is not the way how hotel is ran all the time. I go to Paris twice a year and I've stayed in many places, but Le Lapin Blanc unfortunately was the biggest disappointment. I'm sorry if there is too much information and if I sound fussy, but I think there are certain things one can expect staying in such a place. Starting with such a trivial thing as a lack of toilet brush in toilet. At least I can say it's not hygienic. Hotel also doesn't have umbrellas to offer their guests when it rains - it was raining heavily one evening and I was going out to meet my colleagues at dinner. No umbrellas, only helpless smiles and a relieved look when a word taxi was mentioned. I know I can book a taxi, but it means that I'll be late! Instead of 15 minute walk it took me twice as longer to get there with a taxi because when it rains traffic gets very bad in Paris. On next day I had an unpleasant surprise that my room wasn't done when I came back to hotel in the afternoon, around 3. I had some food on the night before and put the rubbish in the bin. It had started to smell and I had to open a window and leave my bin outside in a corridor to be emptied. I got it back after about an hour. But what really made me think that Le Lapin Blanc was definitely not my right choice was the breakfast room. It is possibly the smallest breakfast room in the world - there were only 7 tables which means maximum 14 people can have breakfast there. When I was there we were on average 6. Guests were not greeted or welcomed, they were not served.. To make myself noticed and get a coffee I almost had to step inside the kitchen and tell what I want. There were constantly plates and cereal bowls running out, one morning I heard a couple asking for a bread and croissants, I looked at the plates - empty. People came in, stood there confused not knowing what to do... Then also a guy came to table next to mine, which unfortunately was not clean. He waited a bit, hesitated, but as no one payed attention to him or to a table, he took a serviette and cleaned a table himself! ok, one can do that, but again just to remind you - it's possibly the smallest hotel breakfast room! when people left, no Have a good day! or Thank you.. nothing.. It's just sad. No design or boutique concept in the world will help if a hotel can't get the basics right.. To make sure guests are welcomed (in a breakfast room) and that they are taken care of (offered an umbrella when it's raining heavily outside)! I've stayed in much more simpler places but I've never experienced that kind of attitude.. and then - as a cherry on the cake a girl at the reception desk when I was checking out asked me to pay a double city tax! She explained that it's 2 euros per person per night, so, 16 euros. I'm sorry, I said, but I was staying there by myself and booked this room as a single room. oh, my colleague must have made a mistake... It was just too much. but as I said I hope I was just being extremely unlucky. Even rooms are so nice and comfortable I will not stay there again.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Been to Le Lapin Blanc? Share your experiences!