“nice, clean, quiet and really good service!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Beaunier

Save Saved
You added Hotel Beaunier to your Saves list
Hotel Beaunier
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   31 rue Beaunier | 14 Arr., 75014 Paris, France (Montparnasse)   |
Ranked #1,219 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
Angers, France
“nice, clean, quiet and really good service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

clean room, and good services
surprisingly quiet
really helpful receptionist
close to metro and tramway (5 min of walk) and only 3 metro station away from "gare montparnasse"
lots of little supermarket in the neighborhood

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Walnut Creek, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights last month with a friend. There were some things that I liked about this hotel, some I hated. I did a ton of research for a hotel in Paris and its very hard to find a decent one for less than $140/night, which is more than what we paid for this place.

Pros:
Close to the Port d'orleans metro station, though that is the last stop in the #4 line. It's a 5 minute walk.

The bakery on the corner of Beaunier and the street o the metro is amazing. They speak a little English and the breakfast deal is cheap at $2eu for croissants and cappuccinos combined.

Hotel staff speaks English, and are fairly friendly.

Room was cleaned with fresh towels and sheets everyday

Tv has a ton of channels and I was able to find one in English!

Free wifi that worked MOST of the time.

Cons:
The room had some strange bugs. We were on the ground floor and the door lead to a courtyard outside. The bugs obviously cme in through the door nd hung out in the bathroom. I also found a big spider in the spare blanket in the room when I unfolded it. As a result, the room didn't feel very clean to me.

The neighborhood didn't feel as safe as say, the Latin quarter did. This may have been because it was not touristy and people were just not out and about at all hours there. Still, we made an effort to be back before night time.

The shower got the entire bathroom floor wet, and it plugged up easily.

They have a very outdated key system. You have to leave the room key on a hook at the fron when you leave the hotel. This means anyone can steal it and get into your room, though the staff tries to be vigilant when you walk in and out. Also, the lock the door to the hotel at 11pm, and you need a separate ke o get in. The is common in Europe though.

No room safe. I locked up my suitcase every time we left due to the key thing mentioned above.

Conclusion:

I probably wouldn't stay again. I'd splurge and stay near Notre Dame, as that part of Paris is awesome and lively. If I had to choose between the Montmartre neighborhood or this one, I'd choose this one. The bugs were just too icky for me.

Room Tip: No lift, so at least the ground floors allow you to skip dragging your stuff up stairs.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

I made a booking, but when I tried to change it I spoke with a rude and impatient receptionist, who refused to give his name. I have never come across such awful treatment from a hotel. It totally put me off staying there - I cancelled the booking.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
pascal p, Directeur général at Hotel Beaunier, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Dear Sir A--r R---e,
Our receptionist was just insulted for not having answered your impatience, we regret to inform you that we will renew our trust in him as described in our message of 5/23/12. You did not come, as shown, and register on tripadvisor just to let off steam is not very constructive knowledge that you had visited the hotel in December 2009 and you want to come back apparently ...
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2011

This place is super no-frills. The rooms are small, beds not comfortable, and my shower head had no holder - even though the owner promised to fix it on the first day of my stay. It's also pretty far from the city center. It was clean, and there was good Wifi, but at this price, it could've been better.

Room Tip: Ask for ground floor, otherwise climb up a spiral.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Lomma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2010

we stayed twio nights here and it was very satisfied.
good service and nice owners.
we booked and rebooked on-line and it was no problem.
free internet at the hotel was a plus.
the room was not big or flashy, but clean and nice.
to be recommended.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Lugano, Switzerland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2008

I was here on business and had this room booked for me. This hotel is close to the Port D'Orleans Metro station in the 14th. It is in an non-touristy area, but there are some cafes along the Ave du General Leclerc.

The staff were nice although one did not speak much English. And the rooms were cleaned every day.

I had a double room to myself and it was big enough with a double bed and desk. The bathroom was VERY small and the shower was the smallest I have ever seen. Be careful not to hit the shower curtain when you are showering or else you will get water everywhere on the floor like I did the first night. The decor is rather drab and simple, there was a scary looking mask framed above the bed. I had a room facing the courtyard so it was pretty shielded from street traffic, however you can really hear people walking around and getting ready in the morning. The best part was the free WiFi, you just need to ask them for the password.

The breakfast is an additional 6€ or so, it consists of coffee (with or without milk), orange juice, bread, croissant, a small piece of cheese, butter, jam, and a plastic wrapped pastry. This was included in my rate and kept me full until lunch, however if it is not included, I would not have paid extra for it since the breakfast room is quite small and it would be better to go to a cafe since it is Paris. However, the breakfast can also be served in your room, so that was a nice option.

This hotel is quite far from any sites and you would have to take the metro all the time, so it is not in the best location for tourists. If you have something to do in the area then it is probably OK for young travelers who do not want to spend much money and are fine with the absolute basics.

• Liked — free WiFi
  • Disliked — drab, very tiny bathroom
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hotel Beaunier? Share your experiences!