I stayed at The Vintage Hotel & Hostel for two nights after Christmas and I had a satisfactory stay. At first I was a bit sceptical about the place as I emailed them on three occasions prior to my arrival to confirm my booking with no response. I had to get a friend in Paris to call and verify my booking for me. The location is really fantastic, five minutes’ walk from Anvers and ten minutes’ walk from Gare du Nord. There are about 4 mini-supermarkets nearby, the closest being Marché Franprix which come in quite handy when you need a bite to eat. There is also an internet café right across the street.
I booked a bed in a three bed dormitory and I was quite happy with it. All I needed was a clean bed to sleep in and some place to shower. You can’t be that elsewhere for 36€ a night in Paris. The sheets provided were clean and I brought my own towel. The room was a bit dated and does need a paint job but I didn’t care much about that. I read many complaints of the room and bathrooms being two small, but I bed to differ. The space is adequate, particularly the bathroom. Just look at the photos I’ve attached.
The breakfast was a great surprise. Mini baguettes, rolls, croissants, juice, cereal, coffee, tea. What more do you expect at that price? I saw many reviews complain of only being limited to one croissant, but this was not the case during my stay. People took whatever they wanted without issue.
Some of the staff was quite friendly and others weren’t. I found the morning/daytime staff to be quite courteous. There was one lady in particular who worked the nightshift who I found to be rude quite often.
The establishment offers free wifi in the lobby/breakfast area and there are two computers for use at a small fee. However, I found it more convenient to go to the café across the road. If you are looking for cheap, clean and comfortable accommodation in central Paris, near Gare du Nord, I’d highly recommend this place. It fits the bill perfectly unless you plan to live in your room.
- Also Known As:
- Vintage Hotel Paris
- Vintage Hotel
- Prelude Gare Du Nord Paris
- Prelude Hotel Gare Du Nord
- Prelude Gare Du Nord Hotel
- Prelude Gare Du Nord
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vintage Hostel welcomes you in Montmartre district and is located few steps from Gare du Nord, Sacre Coeur church and other famous areas in Paris.Come and enjoy our services in private or mixed dormitories, private single/double rooms , equipped with ensuite bathroom, air conditionning.You now can also benefit from our newly refurbished superior dorms, with lockers, bedshettes and towels included ...Free wifi in the lobby, and a kitchen area is also at your disposal. We also organize events for funny times with us ! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline and HostelBookers so you can book your Vintage Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.