“A great deal for visiting Paris” 5 of 5 stars

You added Vintage Hostel to your Saves list
Vintage Hostel
2.0 of 5 Hostel   |   73 rue de Dunkerque, 75009 Paris, France   |
Ranked #27 of 128 Specialty Lodging in Paris
“A great deal for visiting Paris”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

Although there are cheaper alternatives, in this hostel you'll feel like you're in a hotel. It's clean, safe and full of friendly people. The WiFi works great, the breakfast is tasty and the staff helpful. It's also in a great location with stores, cafés and metro stations nearby. I had a great time and recommend staying in vintage.

Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Amiel C, public relation at Vintage Hostel, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Mark L,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post this review on Tripadvisor. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Le Vintage Hostel especially the free breakfast and the friendly and helpful staff

Amiel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The hostel is near to Gare Du Nord and really near to metro station. The nearest place of interest, Sacre Cour is really near.

The staffs were really friendly and helpful. They even gave us a brief guide on how and where around Paris.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Amiel C, at Vintage Hostel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear AmHal A,

Thank you so much for your great review. We are happy to hear that you had nice stay with us at Le Vintage Hostel. You have described best two of our major assets our great location and the amazing staff but lets not forget the very recent renovation and the free breakfast ;)
We hope to see you soon

Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Recently stayed here with my boyfriend for our first trip to Paris. We had our own private room, and on the top floor as well! (Shared dorms are available). The walk to the top floor was a bit of a pain but it was well worth it (there is a lift but it's very cramped and is a little shaky which makes me nervous). The view from our room was great, you can just see the Sacre Coeur poking over the opposite buildings! It looks great at night and you can see this even whilst you're lying in bed which is nice.

The bed was comfortable, though there did seem to be possibly a fault in the bed as you kind of sink into the middle! You get used to the little sink hole and I got plenty of good night sleeps there. The room provides a TV (which unfortunately everything is in French; though there is the odd Doctor Who or film that is in English). Me and my boyfriend didn't go out much at night as we were so tired, and the room provided great comfort for sitting in together, having our little bedside lamps on with the TV and being able to look out at the Sacre Coeur lit up was very cozy. Also, you can open your windows/doors and easily step out onto the balcony! The shower is very very cramped, and water isn't very hot, I had the shower as hot as I could possibly get and it was slightly under warm. The hostel do however provide towels for you to use and you will be provided with fresh clean towels everyday. Cleaning staff will clean your room everyday, as we were on the top floor they usually wouldn't reach our room until maybe half 11, 12 in the afternoon; so I imagine they probably start cleaning rooms around 9am. You will also be provided with a safe and a little miniature wardrobe with some hangers to use.

The hostel provide a free breakfast from between I think 7:30am to 9:30am, however I couldn't say what it's like as we didn't usually get up til about 10am. They also provide a kitchen area in the main entrance, so if you don't feel like eating out, you can just buy an oven pizza and put it in the oven; or if you're feeling adventurous then you could actually cook a proper meal!

The hostel is about a 45 minute walk away from most attractions, however the Eiffel tower is over an hour walk away so I would suggest using the Metro system to get there. Me and my boyfriend walked everywhere the first 3 days we were there for and then for the remainder of the week decided to use the Metro instead; it's very easy to use and cheap as well! Single tickets are less than 2 euros, and you can buy single tickets in bulk too. The hostel is easy to get to from Charles De Gaulle Airport, you can get a direct train from the airport station to the Gare Du Nord station which is less than a 10 minute walk from the hostel, a ticket straight to the Gare Du Nord station from the airport will cost you 10 euros.

The hostel was a little loud now and then, with people arriving late and banging around a bit but it wasn't much bother. Staff were friendly and helped us out on our last day and answered any questions we had. On your last day, checkout is at 11am however the hostel provides a room to put your luggage in if you wish to stick around before your flight. We had a lovely time here and if you would like a comfortable, affordable stay I would recommend the hostel.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Amiel C, at Vintage Hostel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Jess L,

Thank you so much for your detailed and amazing review. We are glad to hear that you had a nice stay with us. Sorry for the elevator, but buildings in Paris are typically very narrow which doesn't leave much room for a elevator.

Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

A decent place to stay in Paris, but fair warning: its location (very close to Gare du Nord) means it attracts people who are arriving at all times of the day, which means if you stay in a dorm, you should expect not to sleep. There's no curfew or lights out time, & both nights I stayed there (in a girls dorm room with four beds) I was woken, & kept awake, by rude dormmates. This isn't the hostel's fault, but it's the nature of the hostel because of its location. So, I recommend not staying in one of the dorm rooms (& I say this is a die-hard hostel traveller who always stays in dorms).

Aside from that, it's a reasonable place to stay. The staff are mostly kind & helpful, with perhaps the exception of the overnight staff, but that's to be expected.

The breakfast included is delicious, the rooms are clean, the showers are hot & the pressure reasonable, & each of the beds had its own reading light & plug. The wifi signal was strong on the main ground floor area & in my dorm room on the top floor. The walls are a bit thin, so you will hear people in the hallways, & the door to the dorm area slams very loudly.

Though they do allow you to drop off luggage, it was frustrating that check-in is 4pm. Overnight flights to Paris from North America generally arrive in the early morning, so it'd be great to stop off at the hostel in the late morning or even early afternoon to have a shower & a quick nap before setting out to explore the city. I was happy to drop off my luggage, but I had to walk around the city all day sweaty & exhausted after my flight, waiting for check-in time, when I could have just showered & napped early in the day & been done with it. It's especially frustrating considering people are allowed to check in at all hours of the night.

Room Tip: Don't stay in a dorm room
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Amiel C, at Vintage Hostel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Jamie R,

Thank you very much for your review. We are glad to hear that you had a nice stay at Le Vintage Hostel and we hope to see you soon.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

- No hot water quite often
(well its a hostel for living, I believe normal people would expect hot water for a shower, but obviously half of my staying, there's no hot water)
- ONLY 1 electric plug for 1 room
(seriously? a room for 4 people, and only 1 electric plug? I believe everyone need a phone charge and camera charge, and this hostel may think we don't need to charge at all)
- Not too friendly staff, I asked for a change for 10 euro to some coins, they instantly refused without a think. Maybe they just can't bother to make the service better
- Wifi is dead for the last night of staying
The price was "ok" for 20 per night,.... but consider the facilities provided, I don't think it worth 20.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
Amiel C, at Vintage Hostel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Shingheitam,

Thank you very much for reviewing Le Vintage Hostel. We are sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay. A private message was sent to you in order to gat more details and improve our service to you.
The Hostel is currently undergoing a major renovation and all rooms are being updated with a plug and a USB port by each bed. The WiFi was also improved in order to reach all part of the hostel.
We hope to see you again at Le Vintage Hostel and we will make it up to you.

Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I loved this place, it was clean warm and welcoming. Its location was amazing, right next to gare du nord which is the central station. You can go anywhere with the metro nearby as well. Great place to chill and hang out with a nice atmosphere and the staff was very nice and helpful. Best free unlimited wifi. I got a room with a balcony, a good kitchen with a lot of kitchen gear. If you are going to paris it is the best option. They even offered us free drinks at the pub.
Thanks for making our stay in paris even better...

Room Tip: i got the room on the 5th floor with a balcony, it was magnificent. and dont forget to ask for the f...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Amiel C, at Vintage Hostel, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear expl0rer2015,

Thank you for taking the time to post a positive review on Tripadvisor. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Le Vintage Hostel especially the friendly staff and the nice atmosphere. Don't forget to ask again for a room with a balcony to feel the real parisian experience!

Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The whole journey was not that good because I catch cold in the first night, yet the recipients was usually asking about my health status and offering every now and then to bring the Dr if the severity increases.
additionally they tried their best to secure a silent and comfort place for me.
the good news is now I am recovered :).
the only comment that I have is the room size, which was very small to host the whole luggage.

Room Tip: Double room looks fine.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
Amiel C, public relation at Vintage Hostel, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Egyptian-Mohamed,

We are so sorry to hear that you were sick during your stay in Paris. We hope that the staff were able to make your stay the most comfortable possible and that you enjoyed our friendly and great atmosphere. We are glad to hear that you are feeling better and we hope to see you soon.

Amiel

Been to Vintage Hostel? Share your experiences!