The Vintage Hostel in Paris' romantic Montmartre quarter was a pleasant however not overwhelming experience, though I have to admit I saw only very little of it. At 24 Euro for 1 night it seems quite expensive but apparently: this is Paris! And included in the price is unlimited wireless as well as breakfast, and the baggage room is free also.
For my 24 Euro I did get a 2 bed en suite. That was an upgrade from the 4 bed dorm I had actually booked. The room including the bed was very clean. And the almost private shower proved a nice change from the past nights.
Breakfast is served in the common area right by the reception. That area also offers 2 PCs (you have to pay for) and a TV. There is a microwave to heat your own dinner which you can buy at the supermarket next door. But the neighborhood also offers tons of reasonably priced (in Paris measures) restaurants. I didn't actually get to try the breakfast as I woke up too late. So can't say much about it. Though I'd bet you getting a croissant and coffee from one of the many boulangeries and eating it in the park is much nicer...
I am not sure where the Vintage derived its name or the title 'boutique hostel' from. Maybe it's the cracked paint on some of the walls and ceilings. This effect might actually really be intended as in contrast to other places I've stayed at before I didn't find any mold in the bathroom which is not bad for a building I'd estimate to be 100-something years old.
As for the audience: they seem to be almost exclusively backpackers, mostly from overseas.
My final verdict: I have heard horror stories about Paris hotels that charge you 60 Euro a night for a s*** hole. So this city is one where I'd strongly suggest you go to sites like hostelbookers.com (where I booked) and look at the ratings before you book. The ratings the Vintage Hostel received did stand my reality test.
- Also Known As:
- Vintage Hotel
- Vintage Hotel Paris
- Prelude Gare Du Nord Paris
- Prelude Hotel Gare Du Nord
- Prelude Gare Du Nord Hotel
- Prelude Gare Du Nord
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vintage Hostel welcomes you in Montmartre district and is located few steps from Gare du Nord, Sacre Coeur church and other famous areas in Paris.Come and enjoy our services in private or mixed dormitories, private single/double rooms , equipped with ensuite bathroom, air conditionning.You now can also benefit from our newly refurbished superior dorms, with lockers, bedshettes and towels included ...Free wifi in the lobby, and a kitchen area is also at your disposal. We also organize events for funny times with us ! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and HostelWorld so you can book your Vintage Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.