“Very nice hotel, great location, very clean” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
2 nights = up to 40% off
Ranked #870 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Very nice hotel, great location, very clean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Stayed over the weekend of the 8th of February, hotel was very easy to find and the staff are very friendly and helpful. I did not have any problems with communication in English as some of the other reviews have mentioned, but you are visiting Paris so maybe learning some French phases would be a good idea before visiting, remember French is the language they speak in Paris, go figure. The hotel is with a 5 min walk of the Metro and there are plenty of Cafes and Restaurants nearby. We had 2 rooms and both were extremely clean as were all the common areas so I would expect the rest of the hotel would be the same. Comfortable beds and nice bathrooms, tea and coffee in the rooms along with a mini bar and safe for valuables. I have stayed at many hotels throughout Europe and the US and this hotel should meet or exceed the expectations of most travellers.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Stay in this hotel was very good! I though the value for money was great! Great location in my opinion to easily get around with the metro to get around. 15min walk to the Louvre!
Staff were friendly although could hardly speak a word of English and when we asked questions about how to get some where; they weren't really sure.
Bathroom is quite small.. Being tall, using the toilet and shower became quite a task.
Only disappointing thing was the phone in the room did not work at all. This was particularly difficult when wanting to get in contact with reception for various reasons. One being getting the wifi password (which changes everyday) was quite frustrating.
Travelled in winter so the hotel actually turned the air con off completely. This wasnt nice at all as the room got quite hot and stuffy and was not pleasant at all. Would have been nice to at least been able to turn it on to circulate the air at the least.

Room Tip: Walls between rooms and hallways are quite thin and can hear most things. Had a room which was facin...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel over New Years. The location isn't fantastic, but it is close to a couple of metro stations (5 min walk away). We were also able to walk fairly easily from Gare du Nord where our train arrived (15min). The staff weren't as friendly as we had hoped, and had difficulties speaking English. The rooms were cleaned nicely, the bed and pillows were comfortable and the shower was good. It was a bit noisy outside but we were still able to sleep well. We wanted to do some washing as it was one stop of a 6 week trip, but found it very expensive (€4.90 for one pair of underpants!). Overall we had a nice stay in a modern hotel. We found that they lacked attention to detail - e.g only had one bath towel when they were two of us, tea wasn't replaced etc.

• Stayed January 2013
St. Petersburg, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Non-smoking hotel.
Great combination of price and quality. Good service, friendly staff and comfortable rooms.Very surprisingly narrow corridors ....)))
When I came in to the room I saw a gift - a backpack, 0.5 liters of mineral water, a map of Paris and some snacks.
The hotel provided shower gel, shampoo, tea, coffee, sugar. The rooms have a kettle, cups, glasses, hair dryer. Free Wi-Fi.
The hotel has excellent hearing, which is not very nice)) While mostly it wasn't so much noise/
There are several small meeting rooms.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Bright, clean and modern, the Mercure Paris Monty Opéra offers quiet, well-equipped if small rooms and friendly service. Located on a quiet street, facing the wonderful Art Deco facade of the Follies Bergères theatre, this hotel is convenient to the metro while not being in a main business or touristy neighbourhood.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

The hotel is situated in a quiet road near Grands Boulevards metro station and its location is good. When we visited the hotel for a weekend, there were however a number of things that struck us.

1) I was telephoned twice before arriving, once on the day before, then on the actual day, to be asked if I was still coming. I had booked through the accor website and cannot understand why this was needed, it merely served to stress my partner and I.

2) we asked for a quiet room. An email was sent in reply saying they would see what they could do. Positive. But on the first night we found ourselves in the room, with a dog, left in the room by its owners, howling until they returned at nearly midnight. I get annoyed by this firstly because dog owners have a responsibility, secondly because the hotel did nothing to help. It took several calls down to reception before anyone actually started to respond to me, and in the end they just waited until the guests returned

3) The hotel smelled very heavily of paint. They still had warning signs up about fresh paint. When I complained about this on checkout, I was asked "Really?". For goodness sake !

4) When we opened our window we could smell the cigarette smoke from some room or person below. Every morning. Ugh!

Look, I realize that this review might seem harsh but I stay in hotels weekly for work, so when I go to a hotel advertising rates of this level and showing 4 stars (it used to be a 3 star) I expect a certain level of service.

On a positive note, on checkout the hotel staff accorded us a discount in response to my issues. For that I am thankful.

We did not eat breakfast in the hotel (17 Euros per person) we preferred the "Pain de la Bourse" round the corner for less than half the price. Not a criticism just a pointer if you are in the area.

And one final thing for Accor to read - I dont want to create an account with TripAdvisor! Just because you have outsourced your customer satisfaction surveys don't make me sign up with some company I have no wish to be registered with! Think what this says to your customers.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Mercure Paris Monty Opera? Share your experiences!