“Perfect for us” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Paris Marriott Opera Ambassador Hotel

You added Paris Marriott Opera Ambassador Hotel to your Saves list
Paris Marriott Opera Ambassador Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   16 Boulevard Haussmann, 75009 Paris, France (Formerly Radisson Blu Ambassador Hotel, Paris Opera)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
15% off
Ranked #598 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
“Perfect for us”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My sister & I stayed here for 3 days in Sept.2014. We were with a tour group & found this hotel to be ideal for our purpose. Great location, large room with good amenities & friendly, obliging front desk staff. We also enjoyed excellent buffet breakfasts each morning with am amazing array of choices. Would definitely stay here again. Free Wifi was an added bonus.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Greek first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

I travel the world for busniess and I am so upset by the treatment of the front desk.
my room smell of smoke I call the front desk and they said open a window !!!!! ok I am silver. But I am also a Starwood member as I have 3 more night here but Starwood it is
ps : after I complain about the smoke no one picked up my call I guess caller ID played a roll

• Stayed December 2014
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We stayed at the Marriott Ambassador in early December and had an overall great stay. Our room wasn't quite ready when we arrived, but the friendly front desk staff gave us access to the executive lounge (we have status with Marriott) while we waited a short time for the room to be cleaned. The lounge was small, but nice. It didn't have a huge variety of food in the evening as some European lounges do, but it was decent enough. Breakfast in the lounge was also decent, but nothing spectacular. The rooms were a pretty good size for Paris and were very clean. The lobby was decked out in Christmas decor, which was a nice touch.

The location of the hotel was perfect - the Opera district is a clean, nice neighborhood with tons of cafes and shops nearby. About a block down from the hotel was a metro stop which allowed for easy access to the rest of the city. We did walk back from Notre Dame one night and it took about 45 minutes or so - not a bad walk, but a little lengthy.

All the staff were great - very friendly and accommodating with helpful suggestions for food and directions in the area. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Gladstone, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I've stayed at this Marriott before (last January) and must say that there was definitely a tremendous difference from last year until now.

The staff - wasn't friendly. They were seemed rushed and understaffed. One night, I ordered room service - two personal sized pizzas (it was just past midnight and there weren't very many options). They took nearly 1 hour and 20 minutes to arrive and the cheese wasn't even melted. I can overlook this considering that its just pizza.

However - I was appalled if not DISGUSTED with the condition of the room. I've attached pictures on here because given the category of this Marriott, I am not convinced that Marriott corporate would be pleased. The ceiling near the entrance of the room was sagging and looked like it could come down at any moment. The paint around the vent in the bedroom area was peeling off in HUGE pieces. There was VERY visible accumulations of dust on the modelings throughout the room. Also, the sheer curtains, I'm just going to assume that at one point in their life they were which and not a soot stained grey/black color. Also, there were some rather vulgar and interesting stains on the bed pillows and the cover at the foot of the bed. Not once during our stay did we have turn down service which is apparently an amenity of this hotel which I was afforded on a previous stay.

The night prior to leaving I requested a taxi for the airport for the next morning. The taxi arrived 20 minutes early and by the time I got in it - the meter read almost 20.00 euros already. Also, I was informed that it was a standard rate to Charles De Gaulle - I guess I was wrong about that too as I paid 85 euros for this trip. I travel very frequently to Paris for business (nearly twice a quarter) and have NEVER paid such a high amount. Not sure who picked this taxi service but I'd like to request that Marriott never use them again. I was also not enthused about the request to discuss current race relation issues in the US. This was extremely uncomfortable. I typically stay at the Courtyard in Boulonge and the staff there is extremely friendly and accommodating and I've never had the experience with a taxi that they've called for me like I did at the Ambassador.

Given the disgusting and embarrassing condition of the room, the lack of the staff's friendliness I will never return to this location. I'd suggest that if you're considering a stay here or in Paris, reserve a stay at the Courtyard in Boulonge. You'll save yourself money, be better taken care of, and receive a great quality experience. Also, the "hop on hope off" bus for 2 euro is right across the street and gets you into Paris in no time.

I'd suggest you avoid this hotel at all costs.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Aurelie C, Guest Relations Manager at Paris Marriott Opera Ambassador Hotel, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Mr UofSMP09

Thank you for your post, I understand how frustrating the situation is for you and I can assure you that it is with no doubt a situation that we terribly regret. The room should not be sold and maintenance is ready to be done.
I invite you to get in touch with us directly in order to provide you the customer care you deserve.
I remain at your disposal,

Best Regards,

Havre de Grace, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Nice hotel, we upgraded to a larger room which provided access to the executive lounge and a HUGE room for Paris! Just steps away from the Metro (like most locations in Paris). Right near the Galleries Lafayettes, Opera, and shopping on Boulevard Haussmann.

Great staff.

Room Tip: Pay the upgrade fee and get a much larger room and access to the executive floor which includes brea...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I'm currently in the middle of an 11 night stay at the Marriott Opera Ambassador hotel and this hotel has been beyond my expectations for both a business & leisure hotel experience. The entire staff has been very accomodating and extremely conscious of the service level being provided. The central location is a huge plus with the Opera right around the corner and incredible shopping with the Galleries Lafayette and Printemps two blocks away. The concierge also recommended a boutique shopping area on Rue de Martyrs that is about 5 minutes away at most - great place and much less crowded. I would definitely recommend this hotel and will stay here again on my next visit.

Room Tip: Hotel rooms facing the street (Haussman) can be a little loud, but the "white" noise did n...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Aurelie C, Guest Relations Manager at Paris Marriott Opera Ambassador Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Joe V,

Thank you so much for your kind review posted on Tripadvisor ! Our hotel team is pleased to find out that you truly enjoyed your interactions with our different associates.
It is a delight to read you are currently appreciating your stay with us and all the team is at your service to make your stay brilliant!

Best Regards,

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed here on a business trip a few times therefore didn't spend much time in the hotel itself.

On the third occasion they kindly upgraded me to a better room type which I was grateful for. My senior Director also stayed at the hotel so I presume its popular amongst business guests.

The hotel exterior appearance has a modern kerb appeal along the Opera Haussmann boulevard. The reception staff were helpful and receptive to ones requirements.

Interior room decor has a modern feel, has all the necessary amenities - and retains a Parisian ambience.

Other than breakfast, which I enjoyed, I didn't take the opportunity to eat at the restaurant or bar. Since I was here for 1 night from London I chose to dine out a nearby restaurant which was more cost effective instead. Although the breakfast is self service, one negative point is coffee/tea is self service too. This got chaotic crowding rounding the same machine - which itself wasn't quite user friendly anyway. I asked the waiter staff can they not take coffee/tea orders?

Inside the hotel, the atmosphere is relaxing and calm - I would probably stay again here.

Stayed November 2014
Aurelie C, Responsable relations clients at Paris Marriott Opera Ambassador Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear c7ksingh,

I appreciate you took the time to share your feedback following your stay in our hotel.
The entire team will be happy to read that they succeeded in their goal!
In regards of the breakfast service, our F&B manager is taking very seriously the queuing which may happen during peak hours.
We truly hope you will notice an improvement for your next visit.
Thank you once again for your constructive comment.

Kind Regards,

Aurélie Conton

Been to Paris Marriott Opera Ambassador Hotel? Share your experiences!