“Nice hotel and convenient to metro” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Paris Marriott Opera Ambassador Hotel

Save Saved
You added Paris Marriott Opera Ambassador Hotel to your Saves list
Paris Marriott Opera Ambassador Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   16 Boulevard Haussmann, 75009 Paris, France (Formerly Radisson Blu Ambassador Hotel, Paris Opera)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Hot rate & 15% off dinner
Ranked #542 of 1,795 hotels in Paris
NoVA
“Nice hotel and convenient to metro”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Stayed at the Marriott Opera Ambassador for 4 nights. The hotel itself is nice. The rooms are of average size for European rooms; as a family of 4 we needed two rooms. Breakfast each morning was included in our rate and was a welcome treat. The hotel is close to the Paris subway system which we found to be very convenient. It is also very close to the Opera and some major shopping areas.

The first room we were given had AC issues. When we called the front desk they acknowledged they knew the room had AC issues and suggested we open the window and use the room fan. I asked for another room and they did give us one. I found it odd they gave us this room fully knowing of the issue and annoying they suggested we open the window and use the fan. I had to specifically ask for another room. Fortunately the other room had no AC issues.

The hotel elevators are small and extremely slow. I found myself taking the stairs as much as taking the elevators.

We did eat at the bar one afternoon for drinks and a few snacks before dinner. It was quite expensive.

Overall the hotel is fine. It was mostly what we expected, with a few minor issues.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

294 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Greek first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We arrived at the Marriott(to stay three days)in high spirits to start our holiday in France. Booking in was fine, that's where it ended. Went to our room, hour and a half later no bags, called front desk told they would be up shortly, half hour later no bags. I went down to the concierge, asked for our bags, was told he would send them up, I asked if I could have them as I was there and I could take them up, then after he obtained my room number he come back shortly and told me to go in and find them myself. After spending some time on my own in the store room (a no no ) I found my bags and took them to my room. In short the bed was so small my feet hung over by a foot, this has never happened in fine hotels all over Europe. The room cleaning service was non existent, cups, glasses not cleaned, cups removed and not returned, when asked for it took three hours to replace. The room was noisy, you could hear the people next door on their mobile. Bar area was small but had good service. Restaurant was good, service not so. The hotel was in a good area for shopping and restaurants. Could not recommend the Hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Unable to say, only spent three days in a very noisy room.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

When researching hotels and looking for one with a convenient location, I was afraid that this one might not have a lot of restaurants or shopping around, just judging from its own website. Could not be farther from the truth... lovely hotel, friendly helpful staff, and in the most perfect location. Just minutes away from all the popular tourist attractions...either by an inexpensive taxi ride or the Metro stop just outside the door... and also surrounded by restaurants and shopping, including two of the city's biggest dept stores just two short blocks away. Don't know why their website lists nearby restaurants as 1 mile away... unless they only want to cite expensive 5 star restaurants. Plenty of moderately priced cafes & bistros all around... at least 5 or 6 on every block. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Was upgraded to a suite, could not have been more lovely.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
US
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Hotel amenities are good, rooms of good size, clean, perfect location. Club room lounge is well below average compared to other similar places in Paris or anywhere really.

Breakfast is pretty good and recommended.

Concierge service was not helpful in three different opportunities, simply I gave up. Check out was fast but luggage pickup at room took a while. I felt that the concierge was not only not helping but enjoying the moment as well.

I would stay here again but being clear that no expected help from staff will be given.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Went to Paris for a weekend of fun. Couldn't have picked a better hotel. It is in the center of everything. about 2 city blocks away from Lafayette Galleries, 1 block from the Opera House, 1 mile from the Eiffel Tower and 1 mile from Champs elysees.

I highly recommend the hotel. Service was wonderful. Food was good - but had most of my meals out in cafe's. Try not to pick a Garden View -- pick a street view - more fun. This hotel is what it is, a city hotel that is close to everything.

The elevator is a bit small and slow - having one out of order out of three the entire weekend does not help. But that did not matter - with all the good F&B in Paris walking up the stairs to the third floor was welcome.

Room Tip: Street View
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Lovely central hotel. Staff were great I asked to be moved from a courtyard view room to top floor with Eiffel Tower views and the accommodated me so very impressed. Breakfast options quite boring sorry. But would stay again if I could afford it again

• Stayed March 2014
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel is just down the street from the famous Paris Opera House. It is also very close to well known Parisian Department Stores which is worth a a couple of hours even to non-"shoppers." There are several small museums within a 10 minute walk that are very worthwhile. Plus two Metro stops that are very close and several more within 5 minutes to eliminate transfers. The rooms are much larger than other hotels I've stayed in in the prestigious parts of Paris. The bathroom was really lovely with the WC outside the sink/shower.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Been to Paris Marriott Opera Ambassador Hotel? Share your experiences!