I stayed at the Scribe this past week and could not have asked for more. I am a travel agent and I had a number of clients traveling with me. To say that we were pleased is an understatement.
Various items to rate:
1. Service---Exceptional. I've rarely encountered more caring or involved staff....from the concierge (I was involved with them pre-stay and they were wonderful) to the front desk staff to the maid service, the bellmen, the restaurant staffs...both at breakfast on the lower level and on the main level....all were exceptional. The hotel executed a "team service" approach which meant that everyone was involved in ensuring the client's well-being. I LOVED their service
2. Checkin-process....could not have gone better
3. Room--was well-designed, modern, very clean. Bed was incredibly comfortable, linens were crisp and changed daily, air conditioner worked very well (often not the case in European hotels...this was important as Paris was experiencing a hot spell). Toiletries were marvelous and our pillows were just as I like them...plentiful and soft.
4. Breakfast---expensive but plentiful. A combination of both eastern and western food....I think reflecting that they must have a number of Asian clients. All in all, a bountiful buffet which provided something for everyone.....from delicious pastries, jams, hot and cold food. I lingered over breakfast each day!
5. General ambiance was inviting and well-maintained. Aside from basking in my room, I spent a variety of hours in the hotel lobby (while hubby napped) and loved sinking into the overstuffed chairs with a good book.
6. Location....Can't be beat. Near the Opera house, the large department stores on Blvd. Hausmann, walking distance to the Louvre, Place de la Concorde....and for us, walking distance to the Champs Elysees .. Metro and RER access is also very close.
All in all, not only did I love this hotel but my clients did as well. I look forward to my next trip to Paris and the opportunity to return to the Scribe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A long tradition of excellence in the art of living awaits you in this grand 19th-century building. An emblem of Parisian life, Hotel Scribe Paris was originally the home of the very aristocratic Jockey Club. It became a hotel of legend, a stage of modernity on which the cinema was born, a favourite place of artists and celebrities. The Scribe keeps that legacy alive today. In its elegant rooms and suites, its public and reception areas, new generations of personalities are even now adding chapters to the hotel's history. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Splendia, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your Hotel Scribe Paris managed by Sofitel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Paris
- Hotel Scribe Paris