“Fantastic Stay at the Scribe” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #215 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
Certificate of Excellence 2014
braunwynn
“Fantastic Stay at the Scribe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

I stayed at the Scribe this past week and could not have asked for more. I am a travel agent and I had a number of clients traveling with me. To say that we were pleased is an understatement.

Various items to rate:

1. Service---Exceptional. I've rarely encountered more caring or involved staff....from the concierge (I was involved with them pre-stay and they were wonderful) to the front desk staff to the maid service, the bellmen, the restaurant staffs...both at breakfast on the lower level and on the main level....all were exceptional. The hotel executed a "team service" approach which meant that everyone was involved in ensuring the client's well-being. I LOVED their service

2. Checkin-process....could not have gone better

3. Room--was well-designed, modern, very clean. Bed was incredibly comfortable, linens were crisp and changed daily, air conditioner worked very well (often not the case in European hotels...this was important as Paris was experiencing a hot spell). Toiletries were marvelous and our pillows were just as I like them...plentiful and soft.

4. Breakfast---expensive but plentiful. A combination of both eastern and western food....I think reflecting that they must have a number of Asian clients. All in all, a bountiful buffet which provided something for everyone.....from delicious pastries, jams, hot and cold food. I lingered over breakfast each day!

5. General ambiance was inviting and well-maintained. Aside from basking in my room, I spent a variety of hours in the hotel lobby (while hubby napped) and loved sinking into the overstuffed chairs with a good book.

6. Location....Can't be beat. Near the Opera house, the large department stores on Blvd. Hausmann, walking distance to the Louvre, Place de la Concorde....and for us, walking distance to the Champs Elysees .. Metro and RER access is also very close.

All in all, not only did I love this hotel but my clients did as well. I look forward to my next trip to Paris and the opportunity to return to the Scribe.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Auriane G, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Scribe Paris managed by Sofitel, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear Madam,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Sofitel Paris le Scribe. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Yours sincerely,

Auriane Galzin
Responsable Expérience Client
Client Experience Manager

Tél. : +33 (0)1 44 71 24 62
E-mail : H0663-dm3@sofitel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

My husband I stayed at this hotel for a weekend. The hotel is in a good location in the Opera area and is a good base to explore the city from as the metro station is only a short walk away.
The staff at the hotel were very accommodating, especially the concierge Linda who managed to book us a last minute request at Les Jalles on a Saturday night.
The rooms in the hotel were lovely but a little on the small side, however was perfect for us as we were only staying for the weekend. The Hermes toiletries were a nice touch in the bathroom, my only small gripe would be that the toilet is not in the actual bathroom but in a small cubicle like room next to it.
Overall the service was very good and the hotel was definitely Sofitel standard. The reason I have given this hotel 4 out of 5 would be purely because of the room size, everything else was top notch!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Being our 1st trip to Paris we valued a distinctive property that would deliver Parisienne charm and offer proximity to local shopping, amenities and attractions. Our 3rd floor (#369) room was tucked nicely into the alcove of the hall and offerred a quaint courtyard view with minimal noise.

Classic furnishings with sufficient storage throughout the room and Hermés toilletries in the bathroom complemented our stay. Daily french gourmet cookies and sweets were delivered to our room by late afternoon.They were a welcome treat each day after our excursions! Consistent with a french property (I believe) no ice machines are available. An ice bucket is available via room service at an expense. However, we purchased a few cold beverages and stored them in the mini-bar fridge. Complementary Evian water (2-3 bottles) is delivered daily with turn-down service.

Don't leave any change out as it may be forsaken for a tip to the housekeeping staff; unless you intend to do so. We accidently left about 12 euros in change on a wall mounted shelf by the TV when we left our room in the morning and discovered it went to the "domestic charity". We did not take offence to this issue as we would have likley left something upon our departure.

Being a small property, the dining room is the only main option for meals (other than room service) and is very expensive. Based on prior reveiws and that we prefer to explore local options and experience dining venues beyond a hotel, we did not eat on site. The afternoon sweets (which we suspect were contracted out) we a delight.

Having recently re-started a fitness regime, their gym was a disappointment. It is small, darkly painted and has cardio equipment as a focus (1 bike, 1 treadmill and 1 eliptical). In terms of resistence training, there was 1 small dumbbell with very small plates and a weight machine with plates (similar to a Universal; but not really). The weight machine was small and was limited in terms of potential exercises. Depending on your physical stature/ height, maneouvering around the machine may be difficult within its confined space. There were pins/clips missing in order to do certain exercises as well. We didn't notify Managment as being a 5 star property we felt it was more of their responsibility and being a vacation, exercise was a bonus not a necessity. My partner & I used the gym once; on a return visit there were 2 other hotel strangers using the cardio and weight machine. It seemed very crowded and awkward to use it at that point so I left.

Overall, we would recommend Hotel Scribe to others and would stay there again to capture a refined Parisienne experience.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less A/C noise Request an interior courtyard room
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Do not leave anything of value in your room. Use the safe at all times. In the morning I took out my outfit I was going to Moulin Rouge and left it on a coat hanger by the door. I hung my necklace,. a pendant of marquise with a black onyx in the centre, on a oxidised chain over the hoat hanger to see what it looked like. I forgot to put it away and when I returned to the room hours later it was gone. I reported the loss and asked them to send up the housekeeper. No one came to see me. Thats when I should have called in the police, as the woman at the desk couldn't have cared less. Firstly it was my fault for leaving it there accidently, the second fault was when I did not make enough fuss over this theft. I was on a tour and just didn't want to upset the tour group.
I loved that pendant.it was a present from my husband, and I had worn it every day.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Auriane G, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Scribe Paris managed by Sofitel, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Sofitel Paris le Scribe.

I am sorry that you did not find your pendant when you returned to your room and please be assured that we have made all the investigations to find it. We perfectly know all our employees, they have been working in the hotel for years and we have never experienced this kind of incident before.

Beside, the interaction with the woman at the reception with regards to your comments is certainly not typical of our service. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.
Please feel free to contact myself directly via the below details if you are travelling to Paris again so that I may personally take care of you and your next stay.

Kind Regards
Auriane Galzin
Guest Relation Manager
+33 1 44 71 24 62
H0663-dm3@sofitel.com
Lititz, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Our 2 day stay was interrupted by a sick better half at the American Hospital & ended up to be an 8 day stay. Thank goodness for the kindness of the staff & especially the much needed help from the concierge...since my French from school days is not conversational at all.
Service was certainly very helpful from the breakfast (full buffet~) to the great restaurant on the main floor w/ it's delightful menu & servers, & even ordering in our room was a treat.
Location is near the Opera - so when the cab says 'Opera' say 'oui'! Great Pierre Marcolini -Brussels candy next door. Don't miss that! Chocolate & macarons were calling my name! The double-decker sithtseeing buses are just down the street - the neon green bus has an office close by & the red bus picks up close to the hotel.
It was an unexpected 6plus days, but the bed & sheets were just heavenly. The 3rd floor with the Rue Scribe was a treat eventhough the bustle of construction across the street made for some daytime noise. The room with its beautiful window box was perfect! Small, but perfect! Hope to repeat this trip in better health soon as the staff really made lemonade out of lemons for us! Thanks again, Hotel Scribe!!! You are a 10 star in our books!.

Room Tip: I did not use the SPA, but would be tempted in the future.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Scribe Paris managed by Sofitel? Share your experiences!