“against dissatisfieds” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Basss

You added Hotel Basss to your Saves list
Hotel Basss
1.0 of 5 Hotel   |   57 rue des Abbesses | 18th Arr., 75018 Paris, France (Formerly My Hotel in France Montmartre) (Montmartre)   |
Ranked #1,169 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Budapest, Hungary
“against dissatisfieds”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Great location, nice streets. If you say it is noisy at night you are not tired enough after an 'alldaywalkandsee', or go to a pub to make noise too! If you want silence do not go to a big city. Yes, the bathroom is small, the room is small - it was not terrible, it was just funny, but the price is low. A little nest to hide. Many stairs = good excercise for legs. Do not snivel, you are in Paris!!! Staff is friendly, breakfast, lunch box, kettle + coffee, tea = perfect. The hotel provides more as a 1 star hotel. For us it was a dream to have the financial possibility to see Paris. Thanks for everything! Eszter + Mum, Hungary

Room Tip: 4. floor to the streets - nice view. Noise of life!!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
, Directeur général at Hotel Basss, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Our team thanks you for your review on TripAdvisor.

It is interesting to have the testimony of other travelers and to share your experiences. Thank you very much to be able to give another opinion on our hotel.

We were very happy to welcome you and hope to see you very soon. During another trip, you can book through our website and benefit from the offer All For You, which includes breakfast, wifi, welcome drink and a lunch box. You will receive the best available rate.

Again thank you and hope to see you soon at My Hotel In France Montmartre.

MY HOTEL IN FRANCE MONTMARTRE

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Polish first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

We have just returned from this hotel and had a bad experience there.
Firstly the rooms are tiny and filthy. There is only just enough room for a double bed .... And nothing else. They are also stiffling hot and there is no air con. Just a dodgy old fan with buttons missing off it. And the bathroom is the smallest bathroom we've ever seen. We had to climb over the toilet to get into the (filthy) shower. Not good at all. Also the staff are rude and uninterested. On our first night there we woke up at 02.00 really hot and realised that the fan had stopped working. We thought it was the fans fault but soon realised that the electricity had stopped working. When I went to reception to speak to the night receptionist about it (Houssem), he was very rude and unhelpful. He just wasn't interested at all. He told me to 'go back to sleep and he'd sort the problem in the morning' It was nearly 30c in the room and with no fan there was no way we were going to be able to sleep. After 5 minutes of him trying to ignore me he eventually got off his back side (and his texting on his mobile) to come and investigate. He found that 'someone' had mysteriously opened the fuse box and turned off the power to our room. Weird. We asked if we could change rooms and he refused saying he could not do this until the manager arrived the next morning. Needless to say, we didn't sleep at all for the rest of the night and our trip was ruined because of it.
We did eventually change rooms but only after we had seen the manager the next day. The new room was only marginally better but at least it had electricity. The level of interest in the staff is terrible. We expected a lot more. We chose this hotel because of its location, which is great (although you have to park your car 1 mile away and pay high prices for it) and for the lovely pictures it has on its website. Beware. These pictures must have been taken a long time ago. The rooms are shabby, filthy and outdated. Not at all like the pictures. They are also extremely tiny. In fact the entire hotel has a cramped feel to it. The views out of both rooms windows were vile too. Flaking paint and dirty filthy walls. If you are expecting dreamy views over Paris then forget it. The view is off another concrete filthy building 20 feet away.
The hotel is also very noisy. Especially at night. It feels more like a youth hostel than a hotel. It claims so much on its website but just does not deliver. For example: free wifi. We couldn't get wifi anywhere in the hotel. Don't be fooled by there website like we were.
We were so upset and disappointed by our experience that we emailed the hotel after we got home and asked for a refund for the night that was ruined and we were bluntly told that there was no way that that was going to happen but they would give us a 'gratuity' next time we booked. After our horrible experience with the hotel, why would we ever want to go back there ? Unbelievable. We asked a 2nd time for a refund and our email has just been ignored.
I have no doubt that after I post this review there will be some sort of apologetic reply from the hotel on trip advisor but please don't be taken in by it. They simply just don't care. We have experienced this first hand and we hope that this review will help other travellers in making a decision in whether or not to stay in this hotel.
Don't be taken in by the nice website and photos. The reality is that the hotel is cramped, filthy and the staff are just not interested. We will go back to Paris but will choose our next hotel more carefully.

• Stayed August 2013
, Directeur général at Hotel Basss, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Sir,

I saw you personally during your stay and departure you were happy with the room change occurred during your stay and at any time you have told me about a claim. A few days later I get an email with a claim but your problem has been solved in a few minutes and I offered a goodwill gesture during your next visit.

Tripadvisor is a tool through which we can share and exchange good or bad experiences. Sharing is the Tripadvisor community.
However, a review that is not objective and can only serve to discredit the usefulness of such a useful tool it can be.

Our rooms are clean and our staff is available to our customers. The comment from TripAdvisor proves.

I am sorry that your stay did not last as you desire.

As you know I sent you a mail because the messages I get I think and makes a precise answer. I get customers when they have a problem. I remind you that I saw you, but you do not absolutely have asked for reimbursement.

Use tripadvisor to denigrate our hotel and our staff is regrettable.

Léo Marchais - Manager
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I took my first trip to Paris earlier this month and whilst browsing budget hotels I came across this one and settled on it. The best thing about this hotel is its location-right in the centre of everything with the Moulin Rouge being within walking distance. It is situated between 2 metro stations-one at the top of the road about 2 minutes walk from the hotel, the other slightly further nearer the Moulin Rouge. The road itself is lovely lined with gorgeous eateries and the vibe of the area is very energetic and bustling even late at night/early morning. As a nice bonus, the room I was given was directly facing the main road so I had a great view.
The room and toilet/shower area was rather small but this wasn't a problem for me as a single lodger. I was most pleased that my room was very clean-spotless in fact. The decor was very basic with a small TV, kettle and fan which was not an issue as this is a budget hotel. It is not luxurious but perfectly adequate if you are out during the day and returning at night.
I am a meticulous traveller so it was to my dismay when I realized that I had forgotten my adaptor for my iphone and with taking photos, my battery was running low. I enquired at the reception desk and thankfully a member of staff offered me an adaptor to use for which I was very grateful.
The only real negative point about the hotel is that it is devoid of a lift. My room was located on the 3rd floor and I only had 1 suitcase so getting up and down was just manageable for me. If I had more luggage or my room was any higher up, it would have been quite a struggle. I also found that the room was very hot at night. Another small caveat is that there could have been more variation in the breakfast which was basically a choice of cereal and croissant/ Pain au Choc. For drinks it was orange juice, tea or water.
All in all I would definitely recommend this hotel as its location is awesome and perfect for someone who wants to see the sights of Paris with the metro stations being so close by. My first trip to Paris was amazing and when I next visit, I will be more than happy to use this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
, Directeur général at Hotel Basss, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Our team thanks you for your review on TripAdvisor.

We are located in the center of Montmartre near the Moulin Rouge and you enjoyed our location.

Hope to see you again soon at My Hotel In France Montmartre.

Windsor, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Friendly, polite and helpful staff. Great location and great value for money. only negative is that the walls are very thin. Breakfast is basic continental but never runs out. should you have a late flight back home on the day that you check out the hotel offers to keep your luggage for you which is a great help.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the first or second floor as the hotel does not have lifts.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
, Directeur général at Hotel Basss, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.

Our team was very happy to welcome you in our hotel.

We have luggage storage for our customers to make their stay in Paris more convenient and avoid walking with luggage on the day of departure.

In a future stay, by booking directly through our website, you can benefit from the offer All For You, which includes breakfast, welcome drink, wifi and the lunch box.

We hope to see you soon in our hotel.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Fallen in love with paris and montmatre. Rue d'abessess is a lovely street both day and night, lined with cafes, bars and trendy shops. Hotel is in a great location near moulin rogue and walking distance to 2 merto stations to easily go see all the attractions. The breakfast, packed lunch offer is an amazing offer. Choice of cossaints, chocolat pains and cereal for breakfast and a choice of sandwichs, bottle of water and a bag of chopped apples. Loved our stay here. Clean, lovely parisian hotel with friendly staff, will definatly be back and stay here again. Thanks for a lovely stay in paris!

, Directeur général at Hotel Basss, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.

Our team was very happy to welcome you in our hotel.

We are located in the beautiful streets of abbesses in the center of Montmartre.

You received the offer All For You, which includes breakfast, welcome drink, wifi and the lunch box.

We hope to see you soon in our hotel.

Lisbon, Portugal
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Very very small room, very very small bathroom with mold. The white shower curtains were yellow and brown, could not shower in there.
We could see the other rooms through the window and other rooms could see ours, specially one window without curtains that gave a straight view to our toilet.
The doors to the room were extremely heavy and therefore very loud when they shut, could not sleep wit the noise of the doors being shut.
No wireless internet available in our room.
Our room was on the six floor, no lift, up the small stairs with the luggage...no view up there, forget it, only if you want to see the other rooms.
The location is good if you don't need to have dinner in the area. I had to walk a very long distance to find a very small pizza take way, the only place I could afford to eat. All the restaurants are cafe style, very fancy, nice looking with very beautiful young people but not good for families or Portuguese tourists, to expensive.
Te breakfast iis also in a very tiny area, so hope there are not to many guests there. You have the regular stuff, croissants, one type of bread, butter, honey, coffe, milk, tea, juice and cereals. It was ok. The lunch box is a great idea but the sandwiches were horrible.
Not coming back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
, Directeur général at Hotel Basss, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.

Unfortunately your stay in our hotel did not meet your expectations. We're sorry.

By posting your various problems in reception, we would have found you solutions. We also had problems with the internet that are now resolved.

Our team thanks you for your visit to our hotel and will consider your comments to improve.

united kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

ok im gone do my review in pros and cons we stayed end of july

pros
1) hotel location is perfect
2) staff is the best bit about the hotel friendly and the night staff even warned my partner to be careful the next day as its gone be really hot which was nice of him
3) breakfast is good coffee was nice couldnt fault it
4) the lunchbox everyday was a nice little perk
5) the welcome drink is a glass of orange or water which is fine

cons
1) we was in room 22 facing the court yard you couldnt open your windows untill 2am from the smell of food cooking from the restraunts below

2) bathroom has mold in the shower and the floors need a good mop we had to lay towels down just to walk accross

3) room is tiny no where to put your suit cases but it is paris and most rooms are small

4) the heat in the room was like being in a sauna even with the desk fan on which needs a clean and a wipe inside to get rid of all the dust

so what is my final review

i would pay the extra 10 to 20 euros a night to stay in an aircon room maybe like the ibis hotel which is round the corner from this hotel

Room Tip: avoid any rooms facing the court yard as you cant open your windows from the smell of cooking we w...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
, Directeur général at Hotel Basss, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.

Our team thanks you for your warm comments.
In a future stay, please contact our reception is at your disposal 24/24 to improve your night in our hotel. We will do our best. All remarks reserve to us improve.

You received the offer All For You, which includes breakfast, wifi, the welcome drink and the lunch box.

Hoping to see you soon.

MY HOTEL IN FRANCE MONTMARTRE

Been to Hotel Basss? Share your experiences!