“Perfect Paris home base - Comfortable, convenient,courteous,clean - Great Breakfast Buffet” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mercure Paris Montmartre Sacre Coeur

Ranked #498 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
GreenLeadersGold level
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2010

We had an amazing first holiday in Paris staying at this Mercure Hotel as our home base, while we explored the city. So much to see and do, our room was updated with a great view. Contrary to what most people say we did have a shower and a tub. Beds were comfy and cozy, clean. The buffet breakfast kept us going most of the day, a great array of food hot and cold. All the staff were courteous, accommodating, hotel was very clean. The area was a great are to explore with a view of the Famous Red Windmill on the Moulon Rouge, Sacre Coure and the market were close by. Fantastic food all around the area. Short walk to the Metro. You can get anywhere in Paris from here. My daughter and I had everything we needed and Fell in Love with Paris!

• Stayed September 2010
mercuremontmartre, General Manager at Mercure Paris Montmartre Sacre Coeur, responded to this review, November 19, 2010
Dear customer,

Thank you for posting this positive review that I will share with my team as it is for us an encouragement to always try deliver better service. I am glad you enjoyed our location which is indeed quite unique in Paris.
Do not hesitate to contact me on h0373-gm@accor.com should you have any suggestion or comments that would have make your stay even more memorable.
I hope we will have the pleasure accomodating you for your next Parisian stay and do not hesitate to have a look at our brand website and AClub loyalty program in order to avail our best offers.
Philippe Rousseau

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Waterloo, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2010

We recently spent a week at the Mercure Montmarte, before moving to a hotel on the Left bank. In hindsight, we wished that we had stayed the full 2 weeks + at Mercure Montmarte. Accessability to all areas in and around Paris was fantastic from this hotel location. The staff spoke excellent English, and were always more willing to assist in planning to visit places of interest. Our room (recently renovated) was large with comfrotable kingsized bed, wonderful.nights sleep each night. The breakfest which was included in our hotel package was awesome each day...I highly recommend this hotel!!!!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
mercuremontmartre, General Manager at Mercure Paris Montmartre Sacre Coeur, responded to this review, November 5, 2010
Dear Customer,

Thank you for posting this review that I will gladly share with the rest of my team as an encouragement for us to continue in our commitment to always better serve our customers.

I am glad you enjoyed the central location of the hotel which is indeed unique in Paris, with the Moulin Rouge on our door step, the Sacré Coeur 5 minutes walk, Opera, Champs Elysée at no more than 3 metro stations, and direct access to eurostar terminal/gare du nord.

I hope we will have the pleasure welcoming you for next next trip to Paris

Kind Regards

General manager
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

We loved staying at this hotel! The location was amazing, and our room was very clean and modern. The night before we left however, my hubby asked the concierge about booking a taxi for the next morning to the airport, as our flight was at 1:30pm. They advised us to leave the hotel at 9:30am, and that they would arrange for our taxi so that we wouldn't have to worry. When we came down the next morning however, there was a line up of people sitting around in the foyer waiting for taxis. When my hubby asked the concierge about the one that was 'supposedly' booked for us, the girl phoned the taxi company to see if our taxi was ever ordered and it wasn't. Then we were told to wait another 20 minutes for a taxi. In the meantime, my hubby went out for a smoke and he was able to hail down a taxi to take us to the airport. When he came back into the hotel to let me know, the guy behind the desk told us that there were others in line waiting for a taxi, and that we need to wait for our turn - even though my hubby had flagged down the taxi himself. While we lugged our bags outside, the concierge had sent the next customer waiting in line for the taxi outside to talk our driver out of taking us to the airport and to take him since he was next in line. I was so happy when our taxi driver said no, that we were the ones who had flagged him down. I've stayed at other hotels where there would be someone from the hotel standing outside flagging down taxis and making sure that everyone was on their way. This last bit definitely left a sour taste in my mouth after such a pleasant stay at the hotel.
I would still recommend this hotel, but would strongly advise not to entirely depend on their concierge services.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
mercuremontmartre, Manager at Mercure Paris Montmartre Sacre Coeur, responded to this review, October 25, 2010
Dear Customer,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I do appologise for the taxi incident that is indeed a very bad last impression that did not reflect our overall service as you described it in your review.
Although I am not especially happy to read about it, i am glad you took the time to report the incident as hoteliers often forget that customer overall experience does not start at check in to finish at check out.
I have passed on your review onto our reception manager for him to re-assess our taxi booking system during pick hours that can be problematic in a busy city like Paris.
One more time I would like to thank you for this feedback which I take as an unvaluable help to improve the hotel standards.
I hope we will have the pleasure welcoming you again in the future.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

I stayed here with a group. Cute place and personnel very nice and helpful. Close to metro and would stay again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
mercuremontmartre, General Manager at Mercure Paris Montmartre Sacre Coeur, responded to this review, October 13, 2010
Dear Customer
Thank you for posting this overall positive review that I will gladly share with my team.
Although I am glad that we ticked all the boxes (rating 3 out of 5), do not hesitate to contact me on h0373-gm@accor.com as I wish we had been out of our way in order to surprise you and make you stay memorable.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

Had a great experience with this hotel. Located in Montmartre, it is 5 minutes walk to Moulin Rouge, and has a great selection of restaurants and amenities open late. Would definitely recommend. Hotel was super clean and room was great. Staff were also very helpful.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Customer
Thank you for sharing this positive review with us. I am glad you enjoyed the comfort and cleanliness of our bedrooms and suggest next time you will visit Paris you try booking our new privilege bedroom with exceptional view over Paris roofs top and enjoy even more our central location.
Do not hesitate to contact us should you have any suggestion that could help us make your next stay even more memorable.
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

We found this hotel to be very well situated within close proximity to the Metro and bus lines. It is also in a great neighbourhood to explore. We just loved Montmartre.
The room we got was on the sixth floor with a partial view of the skyline of Paris. It was very modern and clean. I guess it was recently renovated. Breakfast was included and the buffet style breakfast was excellent.
I must say that the staff of the hotel was exceptionally helpful and pleasant. We would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2010
mercuremontmartre, Manager at Mercure Paris Montmartre Sacre Coeur, responded to this review, October 9, 2010
Dear Customer

Thank you for posting this review.
I am glad you enjoyed our central location in the heart of Montmarte and only a few yards away from the Moulin Rouge as well as the metro station 2 minutes walk from us making us only 3 staions from the Champs Elysee, 2 Stations from Opéra district and its famous department stores Galeries Lafayettes and Printemps, and also easy to the Eiffel tower which you can see from the hotel.
This is with pleasure I will share your comments with my team and recommend that for your next stay you try booking a "privilege" bedroom on our uppers floors with exceptionnal view over Paris and its monuments, complimentary expresso coffee machine, complimentary soft drinks and special pampering items such as sleepers, bathrob, bath salts etc....
I look forward to welcoming you next time you will visit Paris
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2010

Stayed here for 3 nights in June 2010. On the positive side the location of the hotel was fantastic and the rooms (of which we stayed in two) were very well decorated and clean. Unfortunately the service and management at the hotel negates all this.

On arrival we were told that the room we had booked for three nights was only available for the last two nights and the first night we would have to stay in another room, moving on the second day. Firstly when staying only three days in a hotel I do not appreciate having to repack and move all my belongings one day into the stay. And secondly if for whatever reason the hotel did not have the room I had reserved available then I would have appreciated being informed of this prior to my arrival at the hotel.

Having finally moved to the room we had booked we found that the air conditioning was not working. It was unbearably hot in the room. Despite both myself and my partner phoning and going down to reception multiple times we were not given a satisfactory answer as to why we had no air con. Different members of staff gave us different reasons, some saying it was a problem throughout the hotel - however as soon as we stepped outside the door of our room it was perfectly cool in the hallways. Every time we asked we were told that someone was working on it. So you may ask why we didnt call the 'direct line' to management that the manager seems so keen to mention? Countless times we called this number and noone picked up.

We raised all these concerns throughtout our stay an again on check out and advised the staff that we would be posting this review. They did not seem bothered.

One of my reasons for choosing this hotel was that the management seemed to actively respond to customer's reviews on tripadvisor. Little did I realise that management response after your stay has little benefit when you are trying to get someone to address your concerns during your stay.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
mercuremontmartre, General Manager at Mercure Paris Montmartre Sacre Coeur, responded to this review, October 9, 2010
Dear Customer.

Thank you for posting this review about your stay in our hotel....

What can I say?
Reading your posting it appears that ALL measures we have implemented to ensure customer satisfaction failed one after the other.
I cannot find any justification against what you wrote.

My spontaneous reaction to such a review has been "but why is this customer waiting more than 3 months to post a review about stay that happened in June?"

And I sadly arrived to the conclusion that having expressed your dissatisfaction at check-out you were simply waiting for me to contact you. Thing I never did as one more time we failed in having your complaint brought to my attention.

I am simply speechless....
Having no record whatsoever of the incident I do not know you name neither the exact date of your stay.

I would gladly appreciate if you could contact me directly on my email h0373-gm@accor.com in order for me to investigate further the situation and try to gain back your trust in Mercure hotels in general and Mercure Montmartre in particular.

Sincerely yours

Philippe Rousseau

Been to Mercure Paris Montmartre Sacre Coeur? Share your experiences!