Changing the name yet again will not make this hotel any better, same rude staff.
Well I felt compelled to write this review after we spent 5 nights here, but I am going to fair to the Best Western Bercy Rive Gauche hotel and start with the plus points of the hotel, this won't take long. The room was relatively clean with a comfortable mattress OK that's the plus points out of the way. Now down to the reason I am writing this review, first impressions are always important and reception staff is the most important person in a hotel when you arrive, but when you they are unbelievably rude to you that a good sign that things are not going to be run well, I have made a small list well not that small.
1. Extremely rude staff, including the manageress (huge attitude problem)
2. Breakfast room dirty days-worth of food on the floor.
3. Breakfast staff doesn't fill up the buffet items unless asked and then have to be asked twice even when breakfast is still being served for another hour.
4. Tea and coffee making facilities in the room what a joke, 20 sachets of sugar 1 sachet of coffee and one peppermint tea bag NO MILK and this is for 2 people.
5. Lift not working 2 days had to use the staff service lift old and smelly, with the cleaners sat on the floor outside eating there lunch.
6. Wi-Fi throughout the hotel, not true I was on the 6 floor and just about got it if I stood by the door to our room and then only just got it, went down to reception to get a better signal, I did get a better signal but I am sure the Wi-Fi is run on a dialup connection as it was very slow indeed I found if quite frustrating and did not use it again. The website says "Data ports in rooms" again nope.
7. 24 hour reception staff - NOPE not true, note on reception be back shortly she had gone to lunch, we gave up waiting.
8. Air conditioning the cold did not work just made the room smell.
9. Their own website states "Baggage hold" in hotel amenities, guess what the reply was from reception "no we don't offer baggage hold" I said "you do it says so on your website" the manageress says "yes we haven't offered baggage hold since January 1st of this year" my reply was "but is says you do on your website" she "we are working to get it removed" me "9 months and 24 days" she "like I said we are working on it" the outshot was that we couldn't visit the museum that we wanted to as we had bags with us and had to cart 2 suitcases behind a busy Paris for 6 hours.
10. The hotel location OMG very dodgy location did not feel safe in the day let alone at night most of the bars and restaurants that are nearby have ceased trading some time ago and are vacant.
To summarize: Rude staff, unsafe area, dreadful breakfast, poor amenities, not value for money, book another hotel or visits this one and you will end up having an unpleasant stay.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.