“Definitely will stay here again” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Ducs De Bourgogne

You added BEST WESTERN Ducs De Bourgogne to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Ducs De Bourgogne
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   19 Rue Du Pont Neuf | 1st Arr., 75001 Paris, France (Louvre / Place Vendôme)   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #700 of 1,792 Hotels in Paris
“Definitely will stay here again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

We were on a trip to Paris for the 1st time for both me and my husband celebrating our 11th year anniversary. Due to our flight timing, we arrived very early in Paris like 6+am . Not only did the staff helped us to chk in early at no additional charges; which was fastastic esp after 15 hrs of flight, they were very helpful and friendly. They not only remembered our anniversay , they did a complimentary upgrade fr my standard room to a hugh family room facing the courtyard.

The room was cozy, quiet and very clean. We had a very nice loft window facing the courtyard . The free wifi was good and made it easy to surf the internet.

Location wise, its extremely convenient to get a meal as its near many cafes. Its near a central station (abt 5 mins walk) which service includes multiple metro lines and the RER. In fact, its abt 30 mins from the Charles de Gaulle airport to this Chatelet Les Halles Station. It walking distance to the Lourve Museum, Seine river, Notre Dame . Its also near the main road which has many shopping boutiques and cafes.

In all, we will definitely stay here again. The staff made us feel very welcome and its a joy to come back everyday during our trip. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
ducsdebourgogne, Directeur général at BEST WESTERN Ducs De Bourgogne, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Dear Madam,

Let me thank you and your husband for this very nice comment.

Our staff always do their best to provide rooms as soon as possible, especially for guests who are coming from far.

I am very pleased to see that you enjoyed our little present for your anniversary.

We hope you will honor use again of your presence.

Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

i was in room 51, very small! not for the price that I paid! Location is great. The elevator didnt work for the whole day, and my friend couldnt go upstairs ( we were on the 5th floor) and she had to stay 3-4 hours at reception. the receptionist didnt find a solution. He said that IF , but only IF the elevator could not be repaired, THEN, but only then, i had helped us. We had a free coffee and a free beer, for the trouble....what an effort! I will not go there anylonger. Room very small and very bad reception help in case of need.

Room Tip: room facing the intern side, are very good to sleep, but small ( 51 was extremely small!)
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Madam,

Thank you for the time you spent to write your commentary.

The room 51 is a classic double room. Of course, we have bigger rooms on request, like our superior rooms. Next time, I invite you to check with our front desk the condition to upgrade your booking if you wish it.

Regarding the elevator, I apologize for the disturbance. You can understand easily that we cannot foresee this kind of incident, and be sure that we have contacted the company which take care of that as soon as we have seen the problem. You have to know that, in Paris, they give priority at the situation where someone is blocked, that's the cause of the delay.
Regarding our staff, I am sure there was a misunderstanding. I was informed that you wanted to change room for your last night among us because of this incident. The receptionnist told you that he will provide you another room if the lift could not be repaired this day. And you explain yourself that he gave you a compensation by offering you and your friend complementary drinks.

I apologize again about this, but I am sure that you will reconsider our responsability in this disturbance.

I hope we will have the chance to welcome you again to make you change your mind about our hotel and about its services' quality.

Pittsburg, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

This was my first trip to Paris. I was giving a training in Mitry Mory and I knew I did not want to stay at the airport. I chose this hotel because free wifi, near the RER B train and it was within my company budget. Overall the hotel is not so bad, I just felt there were too many small things that went wrong and that became a little frustrating. At $250/nt I wish I had paid the extra $30/nt to stay at Novotel. I lost power while trying to iron a shirt. The 3 person elevator went down and I had to walk to my room on the 4th floor. The Wifi is useless for working as it is painfully slow and logs you out every 15 min or so. There is a small breakfast available but for the price you should just walk to a nearby cafe. The staff is great, the location is great, the hotel....not so much

Room Tip: Ask for inside room to avoid the street noise
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Sir,

First of all, I want to thank you for this usefull feedback.

I am sorry that we did not fullfil your expectation during your stay in our hotel. I don't know the small things you are talking about, but I am sure our staff can help you to solve these problems if you ask them. It also helps us to improve our service and to avoid the same disturbs for other guests.

Regarding the elevator, I apologize again. Of course, It is not something we could have predicted, and as soon as the problem appeared, the receptionnist have contacted the company which take care of the reparation.

I hope you will come again in our hotel, so we could offer you a best experience.

Washington DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

My partner & I stayed here for 2 nights at the end of September as a base for sightseeing. The location is brilliant, the Louvre and Notre Dame were in easy walking distance. After an exhausting but wonderful day of sightseeing it was great to wander down the street to the bars and restaurants which were very welcoming especially for an evening meal and resting our feet!

Our room was on the 3rd floor front, and we didn't experience road noise. Yes the room was on the small size, but clean, nicely decorated, most comfortable bed but hey, if your in Paris for sightseeing, how much time do you spend in your room.
The gentleman on the front desk spoke beautiful english and was very accommodating regarding my questions which were all answered knowledgeably with a great smile.

All in all if you are looking for a base for sightseeing I would recommend this hotel, and yes I will return.

Room Tip: Higher floors in the front are quieter and have good view of the street.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
ducsdebourgogne, Directeur général at BEST WESTERN Ducs De Bourgogne, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

I am grateful that you took some time to write this nice comment on our hotel.

You are right when you say that our location is perfect for the people who want to discover Paris. But that's also true for the one who know Paris already ! That's why we do have a lot of business men and loyal guests as clients.

We are waiting for the pleasure to see you soon.

NYC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I've stayed in at least a dozen hotels in Paris over the years, and this was hands down the worst - particularly at the price they were charging (300 euros? Are they serious?). Or, that is, they charged some people in the group I was with 300 euros. Others paid 200 for an identical room, simply because, the concierge said, "it's like that sometimes." Rooms are too dark to read in, and so small that the desk doesn't have a chair - it has a stool that tucks under the desk, because if you try to take it out from under the desk and place it in the space between the desk and the bed, it won't fit. In other words, you can't sit at the desk. There are no drawers. The walls are so thin you can hear the guy snoring in the next room. One light in the chandelier was out, and despite two requests to replace it, the staff never did. A lamp on the desk serves only decorative purposes: if you want to plug it in, you have to unplug the TV.

And this, mind you, is what they call a "superior" room.

As for breakfast - don't bother with that, either. On a Saturday morning, there were three occupied tables. The others were empty - except for the dishes that had been left by previous guests and not been cleared. My waitress served my breakfast without asking if I'd like coffee and without clearing the dishes from the table around me; I simply moved the dishes myself and left, and had a very nice petit dejeuner at the brasserie down the street for six euros -- less than what the hotel charged, and the bread and croissant were fresh, not -- as at the hotel -- two days old.

There are some very nice hotels in Paris. For 300 euros a night, there are some extremely luxurious hotels in Paris. This is neither. Pass.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Madam,

Firstly, I thank you for the time spent to make this comment.

I don't really understand your complaint about the price you paid. You have agreed it when you have made the booking, and you have complained once your stay was finished. Keep in mind that you booked your room during a big exhibition where you took part with your company, which has an incidence on the price in all Paris.
For information, your colleague's price was different from the one you had, because he modified his booking, which means he had the price at the moment of the modification (just like our receptionnist explained it when your colleague mentionned this fact at the front desk).
We can make group prices when we have request. I invite you, or your group manager, to contact our hotel directly next time you would like a special price. We have pleasure to offer good prices on request, but once you have done your booking through a website, that is not possible to change the rates.

All your complains about the room were not mentioned during your short stay (1 night), in that case, you agree that we can't find any solution if we don't know there are problems. (especially for the light bulb, because you said it at the check-out). I also inform you that you have 3 plugs in the room (one for minibar, second for TV, and the third one for your personnal use).

Regarding the breakfast, I apology if the breakfast room was like you said. But I could not agree with your description of our "viennoiserie" which are delivered every morning, and are fresh for sure.

In any case, I am sure that if you come back, and if you request assistance at the front desk as soon as you need it, you will see that we have a really professional service in our hotel, and that you will enjoy a lot your stay.

Best regards,

Kunitachi, Tokyo, Japan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

If not a Japanese business hotel, the room was very small. But the room was clean, bathroom was clean, the interior design was good, and the staff were kind and helpful. Easy access to many places. Small breakfast in a small room on B1. Very tiny elevator you probably have never seen.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

First of all, I would like to thank you for the time you took to write this comment.

I hope we will have the chance to welcome again soon.

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Rooms were small but served the purpose, room was clean, well serviced and the location was within walking distance to do what I wanted. Ideal for a solo traveller, but the size of the room would make it very cramped if travelling with a partner.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with hotelsgrandparis.com

ducsdebourgogne, Directeur général at BEST WESTERN Ducs De Bourgogne, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for this review regarding your recent stay.

I am glad you enjoy your stay with us, and be sure we also have bigger rooms in our hotel if you plan to travel in couple, with a friend or in family.

We are waiting for the pleasure to welcome you again soon.

Best regards,

Manager

Been to BEST WESTERN Ducs De Bourgogne? Share your experiences!