“Offering a lovely base for a stay in Paris” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   22 rue Roquepine, 75008 Paris, France   |
Ranked #534 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Brussels, Belgium
“Offering a lovely base for a stay in Paris”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I stayed in Le Petit Madeleine for the weekend, so 2 nights. Hotel is lovely, recently renovated. Deco is interesting and our room was clean and neat. Staff was really lovely and friendly, helping us to park the car nearby. We had a room on the street side and since we slept window open, there was a bit of noise (neighbor having a late night party and some groups walking by and screaming). But well, those noises belong to the city life. Elevator is the smallest but it's better than no elevator. All in all, I was really happy to this hotel, can totally recommend it. :)

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I love this hotel. Okay the lift is tiny and accommodates two people without baggage or one person with baggage, but the bed is the best I have slept on.

The location is great and the hotel is well presented.
So why the disappointment?

Quite simply the manager. Every hotel has things that go wrong. It is what you do when something happens that makes the difference. In this case, the lift wasn't working. They could have called us to let us know. They could have told us when breakfast was delivered to the room. Nope.

Then the manager blamed the French workmen who were too slow to fix it.

The shower door is not watertight. She did not want to know. We were careful to put towels down and shut the door properly but there was water everywhere. Couldn't care less.

The sliding bathroom door would not shut. Now she had had enough. It was time to give me a French vocabulary lesson and tell me that "porte" was not the correct word.

At this point I switched to English and made it clear that I had only been trying to make helpful comments of things that needed to be fixed. When the vocabulary lesson became too much, I made it quite clear that I was not in the mood for her supercillious arrogance...At which point she launched into a rude and obnoxious tirade.

I suppose it was my fault now that things were going wrong at her hotel?

What a shame. I have stayed here several times and the staff have always been very helpful and friendly. I have rated the service highly despite the manager. I have also rated the room highly despite the minor faults. Before writing this review, I attempted to contact the hotel owner, but the manager refused to engage in a dialogue, even resorting to name-calling.

Needless to say, despite its convenient location, I shall not return.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
cbpetitmad, Directeur général at Le Petit Madeleine Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
As contradictory as it may seem, minor faults pointed out by you are more important that the "fuss" you are making about a member of our staff whom apparently you strongly want to discredit.

For your information, the shower door has been checked: it seems that you had not closed it properly since it was perfectly sealed. Regarding the sliding door, you were right, it did not perfectly slide. It has been repaired since.

As a little aside, our elevator is regularly monitored which was the case for half an hour on your departure day. How could it have been disturbing you while you were having breakfast delivered in your room?

Those major points regarding the services we have to provide to our guests and judged by you as minor faults are hopefully answered and settled.

Considering your major complaint, we do share your point of view: being polite is an indisputable prerequisite for any relationship.

We may risk to be called a vocabulary lesson giver again, but when you checked out you used the shocking expression “I don’t give a s**t of what you are saying”. It is not exactly being polite. It is what you replied when she dared to ask you if the shower door was properly closed.

On the contrary, concerning your accusation about insulting a workman, speaking loud is not an insult: her voice had to reach the workmen working behind a door, in the technical area.

Long e-mails do not fool us on your intention to denigrate and harm a member of our staff.

Internet is a great tribune. However, freedom of speech ends when denigration starts, and when professional prejudice against our hotel is stated by your conclusion: “don’t pick up this hotel”.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2015

It doesnt even matter that the room was tiny and the lift was probably the smallest lift I have ever been in, none of that matters at all. I love this hotel, I would happily stay here again! Ibnfact, im looking to visit again with friends.

Its cute, charming and central. Staff are polite, welcoming and happy to help with any questions. Always with a smile on their face, they even helped out with the transfer back to the airport when leaving. Breakfast is delicious, you have to up early enough but thats fine.

The room decor was out of this world, tiny lights on the celing and massive painting on the wall. Just so totaly cool!

I love Le Petit Madeleine!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
Jeddah, Makkah, Saudi Arabia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2014

The owner of the hotel is available at the front desk and she doesn't smile at all. The rest of the staff had a glimpse of smile on their face. However the owner was not welcoming. Great guy at the front disk at check in and willing to go the extra mile for his clients. Very tiny rooms. They walk in the room even if you have disturb sign on the door. Not reccomnded at all

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2014

Everything in this hotel is small but very stylish and comfortable. My room was very clean and I enjoyed being able to open the windows. I found it a little bit weird that you are not allowed to keep food in your room.
The street is loud and the walls are paper thin. I heard the guy in the room next to me sneeze on a few occasions.
Front desk staff is far from being warm or friendly but she is helpful and knowledgeable.
My priority is always the location and in this case I was not disappointed. I was there to visit Paris and I barely had to use any mode of transportation other than my feet. There are shops and restaurants all around the hotel. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2014

My boyfriend surprised me too a trip to paris which I was amazed by. Paris itself is amazing but the hotel also added too the surprise. It's a unique boutique hotel, he told me all the rooms were differently designed, our room was shades of browns and creams with a gold feature ceiling which was lovely. The bed was big and very comfortable. The maids tidied our room every day and shaped my nightdress into a bow which was cute. Great location as it's not on a busy high street so you haven't got any traffic noise, especially beeping!.. close too supermarket and restaurants/cafés/bars, about 10 minute walk too the Champs-Élysées Staff were friendly and helpful and the breakfast in the morning was lovely, fresh orange juice and food. The lift is small and only fits 2 people but it added too the cuteness of the hotel.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Tokyo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2014

The hotel was nice enough to keep my suitcase the day before our scheduled check-in as we were heading off to Mont Saint Michel. Our room was small but it didn't really bother us. I loved that our room's main shade is white. It made the room look bright and chic. Our room faced the street but we weren't bothered by the street noise. But we could clearly hear the people in the neighboring rooms whenever they were using the bathroom.
The bed was big and comfortable.
During our 3-night stay there, we concluded that the two people who have excellent customer service skills are the hotel owner and the front desk guy with longish, black hair. The others were neither welcoming nor friendly.
During our second night there, we bought some food from the nearby grocery with the intention of having dinner in the room. The hotel owner was behind the front desk that time and when she saw our shopping bags she informed us that we couldn't eat in the room. But she said it in a nice way and even advised us to eat our store-bought dinner in the breakfast area of the hotel. She even set the table for us and had the front desk clerk clean up afterwards. We were pleased that she turned a potentially uncomfortable situation into a nice dining experience for us.
We took the airport transfer service when we checked out and it was a smooth and stress-free ride to the airport.

Stayed October 2014

Been to Le Petit Madeleine Hotel? Share your experiences!