“Great stay - fantastic staff” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6 Rue Chauveau Lagarde, 75008 Paris, France   |
Ranked #351 of 1,788 Hotels in Paris
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Washington, DC
“Great stay - fantastic staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

This was my first, but not my last, stay at this hotel. The hotel I usually stay in was fully booked and my company's travel agent booked this one. I had no idea what to expect. I was very happy with what I found.

It is a small, boutique style hotel in a great location - just off the Place Madeleine. It is convenient to many Paris locations - and I was there for work and a bit as a tourist as well. I ended up talking a few very long walks from the hotel to different neighborhoods around the city.

I actually stayed there two different times in one week. The first stay I had an amazing room that had plenty of space - even enough to do some yoga. The second room was a bit smaller but still managed to squeeze in some yoga. The hotel public spaces were all very quaint but well kept up.

I think the two things that stand out most for me with this hotel are the internet (free and for multiple devices - three for me) and the staff (very pleasant and all incredibly helpful). Both are important to me when I travel.

So the bottom-line: I now have a new favorite hotel in Paris and I am looking forward to a return trip in February.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Caroline_Antoun, Directeur at New Hotel Roblin La Madeleine, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
We thank you for your kind comments and hope to welcome you again in february. Best regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Greek first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

I just loved it. It is exactly like the pictures on the web site. Everything is clean, comfortable, quiet. I will definitely come back again.
I stayed alone in a double bed, it was perfect for one, but would probably have been a little bit too small for two people to sleep comfortably.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Caroline_Antoun, Director at New Hotel Roblin La Madeleine, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments. We hope welcoming you soon again.
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

Absolutely fine. Location and service. Only couple of comments: room was stuffy and linen is not great. Plus it is somewhat dusty. Hermes amenities were superb, but my bathroom sink didn't work properly. Hotel restaurant is pretty ordinary - would not recommend. Breakfast is very ordinary, but okay.

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for your observations which we consider and we will check each point you mentionned. Best regards.
Amsterdam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is a gem in Paris. Very Nice rooms, reception, personnel and restaurant. Very comfortable bathroom and bed, they gave us an upgrade so this was even a bigger plus. Only thing is that you have to pay a lot for parking and breakfast is expensive.

• Stayed December 2012
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

You really can't beat this place for the value, quality & location you are getting. Paris is flooded with hotels and it's hard to find a place that covers all the basics. Travelers usually over-pay for both high-end places and for the 'deals' they find. This place bucks that trend. Newly renovated, well styled hotel with a decent bar and restaurant, minutes walk from Concorde, Rivoli, Vendome. The rooms are a bit small but comfortable with excellent sleep quality. The bathrooms however are very large and modern - a very nice surprise actually, not promoted enough I feel. The staff is very friendly and helpful, and not just by Paris standards, but by ANY standards. Free internet is also a plus. This hotel fits perfectly into that ever more elusive nook of what I want to pay and what I want to get in return. Top marks Roblin!

Room Tip: Interior room for sleep quality. Also the elevator is beautiful but small so perhaps a lower floor i...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Caroline_Antoun, Directrice at New Hotel Roblin La Madeleine, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments on the hotel and its location. It is a pleasure for us seeing our guests satisfied ! We hope to see you soon again at Newhotel. Yours sincerely.
Pasadena, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I stayed in another hotel last time near this hotel in Paris in July. I passed by this hotel many times and thought I would give it a try this Dec. I booked the room thru hotel.com non refundable special rate and realized that the hotel has a better price within 24 hours after I booked it. I thought I would give hotels.com a call and they called the New Hotel Roblin but they refused to cancel my reservation. The price difference is over $300 total for my 6 nights stay!
I also called the hotel myself and explained the situation and told them that I will stay stay there but just have to cancel my hotels.com reservation and book from their website, but they refused to cancel my reservation even though it was within 24 hours. I thought this hotel is not very understanding and acts poorly when it comes to the customer service. I am totally disappointed even before I stay there!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Well positioned, minutes walk from the metro ( Madeleine) and some of the best shopping anywhere. Friendly, professional welcome, well appointed rooms (not overly large but more than adequate) with a very comfortable bed. Some noise in the morning with doors opening/shutting but nothing too problematic. Would happily return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thanks for your comment. Hope seeing you soon again. Kind regards.

Been to New Hotel Roblin La Madeleine? Share your experiences!