This was our first trip to Paris and with our three young boys in tow we wanted to stay somewhere central and comfortable for a week. Well, you can't get more central than the Champs Elysees! We came by Eurostar from London and the hotel was a very short walk from two Metro stations. Check-in was very friendly and the reception area beautiful.
We booked a 2 bedroom apartment with kitchenette which was on the top floor of the hotel. The two roomy bedrooms (two single beds in the second bedroom and a sofa lounge in the living room downstairs) and bathroom were on a second level reached via a steep, narrow staircase. I was a little worried about my 4 year old on the stairs and they were tricky with suitcases, but having all that room was great. We also had a small balcony looking over the hotels internal courtyard.
We enjoyed the cable tv in the living room.
We used the kitchen for a few meals (mostly kids breakfasts and one or two dinners) and got coffee and croissants from a nearby cafe. We did not try the hotel dining room that did breakfasts. So many dining options at our doorstep! Lots of great shops (from high fashion, to Disney, Virgin and supermarket) also at the door.
We enjoyed walking the couple of blocks to the Arc de Triomphe both during the day and at night. We also walked to the Eiffel Tower one day and the Louve another, catching the Metro home.
We were expecting some arrogant French service due to the stories we had heard over the years but Paris could not have been more welcoming, the hotel staff were always friendly and helpful.
My only complaint was the high cost of using the washer/dryers in the laundry room on the reception level. I decided to hand wash in our room instead.
I would definitely consider staying here again due to the awesome location, space for 3 children and cooking facilities!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Claridge Champs-Elysées, built in 1914 right on the Champs-Elysées Avenue, has been witness to a century of political and romantic history of France. Secrets kept forever behind the walls of this legendary palace which has welcomed so many stars. A century later, Le Claridge Champs Elysées and its facade became listed French historical monuments, entering into the world of the most beautiful hotel residences in the world. The renovation changed this historical establishment into a contemporary, elegant Parisian residence. Spacious and comfortable, the110 Suites and apartments offer an exceptional view of the Champs Elysées Avenue or the peaceful patio of the residence. The blend of black and beige in the wall-to-wall carpeting evoke the black and white checkered pattern of the Parisian townhouses and the play of blue bands painted on the walls creates a unique ambiance. Wild silk curtains, velvet chairs, wool rugs and leather bring back the luxury of Claridge’s past glory. This is a new era for the Claridge Champs Elysées which, in 2006, joined theprestigious Fraser Suites collection. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , Otel, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Fraser Suites Le Claridge Champs-Elysees reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fraser Suites Le Claridge Champs-Elysees Hotel Paris
- Le Claridge Champs Elysees Paris
- Claridge Hotel Paris