“Loved the hotel and location” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Claridge Bellman
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   37 rue Francois Premier | 08 Arr., 75008 Paris, France   |
Ranked #344 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Vancouver, BC
“Loved the hotel and location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Really enjoyed our stay at the Claridge. Appreciated Yvette's help making the reservations, very nice lady. We were impressed at the friendly check-in staff and enjoyed our Delux room....very large for Paris standards with tall ceilings and a beautiful huge chandelier in the middle of the room. Loved having a little balcony overlooking a beautiful neighbourhood. The front desk service was excellent each day of the 4 night stay.

Wonderful proximity to everything in Paris. It was fun walking to the Champs Elysse and seeing the huge Christmas Market. Very busy on Saturday night. Had fun going on the huge ferris wheel at the Place de Concord. Also an easy walk to the Eiffel Tower and Arc de Triumph. A short walk to the Roosevelt Metro station.

Nearby restaurants were delicious and well priced. The fish at Chez Andre was tasty and so fresh.

The Internet was was challenging unfortunately. Also, the 19 euro breakfast was abysmal.

Room Tip: See if you can negotiate upgrading your room for a minimal price. If you call you might have more s...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Turkish first
Berkeley, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

The only reason I didn't give this lovely hotel 5 stars is because of the bedroom lighting. With the ceiling lightting on, it's too harsh. With just the bedside lights on, it's too dark. Definitely no fun for reading in bed.

• Stayed November 2012
South Bound Brook, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Really like the Claridge Hotel, very nicely done up with a lot of French flare...if you want to feel like your staying in a Parisian Hotel...stay here!! Nice furniture and ambiance..loved the street this Hotel is on...just off of Camps Elysees 5 min. By walk,...but away from the Touristy chaos..also close to the river, just 10 min walk. A lot of great restaurants nearby. The staff was friendly and helpful.

No complimentary breakfast, but plenty of places nearby to grab a quick brekfast. The Restaurant in the hotel was closed when we were there in August...so no room service, not even coffee or milk! But again theres a coffee shop..a Pret a Manger right accross the street.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I booked the hotel for an overnight stay in Paris. Generally, when travelling, I spend very little time in the hotel room, so I did not feel the need to spend money on a 5-star hotel. The Claridge was exactly what I needed. The room was prefectly fine - spotlessly clean and nicely done with a decent bathroom. Some of the reviews mention a small lift, but this is Paris and I don't know if they even make lifts that will take more than 2 people with luggage! Taxis that were requested arrived almost instanly and breakfast was fine. The one thing that makes a huge difference is the location. This hotel is around the corner from the famous George V hotel which has a well-deserved reputation for being spectacular. At the Claridge you get all the advantages of the location without the extra cost - location, location, location!! I would definitely book another overnight stay there. The hotel does the job.

Room Tip: the first floor could be noisy due to proximity of the street, but was not very concerning.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I choice Hotel Claridge based on trip advisor reviews and a friend's recommendation, glad I did so.

I will start with the negative point first:
I’ve been told that the hotel is decorated in the Victorian style which I found less than expected, you can still keep the style but that doesn’t mean keeping the old doors and old elevator (barely fits three people together).
One other negative point are the room sizes, very tiny, I first booked a room for two, when I first entered the room and placed my wife’s bag in the bag tray couldn’t find a place to lay by bag on floor to open it, the only way was to keep it closed and when needed place it on the bed and open it. Had to change from this room to a suite which cost me 100 Euros more PER DAY.
At the beginning of my stay with all faced issues I was not that happy, but after dealing with the staff members who were really great and helpful in everything you need (directions, reservations, tickets) it kinda made me much happier.

Location of the hotel is super, with all means, 2 blocks away from champs-élysées & The Arc de Triomphe, plenty of restaurants surrounding the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Cork, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

So I read all the reviews and given it was my wife's first time to Paris, changed from the planned 5 star Hotel to the Claridge based on comments and location. I was not disappointed!

Upon first entering the hotel, I must admit I was a little off-put given the decor which is very Art Deco and fussy. But then again, who spends a lot of time sitting in the hotel lobby (and maybe you might like that style). We approached the front-desk, checked in without issue and made our way to the 5th floor (via the tiniest elevator in the world). Logged into the free Wifi for some local attractions and headed out.

Rooms: The room were of medium to small size, well laid out, immaculately clean, with a reasonable on-suite. We could faintly hear a couple in the room next door but as they were out most of the day like us this was not an issue. Also, as we were on the 5th floor, there was no noise pollution from outside (although the street is quiet in the evenings anyway).

Food: I couldn't tell you as we didn't eat in the hotel. We did eat in the immediate area of the hotel as there are a lot of restaurants however i have to say I found all of them to be over-priced and of poor quality. Average cost of dinner for both of us was around €100 excluding drinks which I wouldn't mind if the food was nice and we left feeling full, however we did not and visited McDonalds within an hour after eating at a number of them.

Service: Outside of checking in and out of the hotel, we really didn't engage with the hotel staff except for two quick occasions. The first was room service which took a long time to arrive and second was in sitting down for a few drinks one night whereby we waited for 20 minutes to be served. On both occasions the staff were pleasant and maybe this slow pace is a cultural thing?

Location: Absolutely 10 / 10. Within walking of all major attractions (although we did frequently get cabs as the Eiffel Tower and some other attractions for example was a 30 - 40 minute walk away).

Value: Given the location and the fact that the hotel is friendly and clean and we had a great weekend, quite reasonable to say the least.

If I were ever going back to Paris, I would have no hesitation in staying here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I remember staying in this hotel in 2006 with my 2 sisters and we loved it.
This hotel is exactly what a boutique hotel should be.. excellent customer service, cozy, comfortable, clean and unique. the rooms are extremely clean and are decorated in the Victorian style. so very Parisian :)
the best thing about this hotel is the location. it's 2 blocks away from champs-élysées & The Arc de Triomphe ( one of the most famous monuments in Paris).
The three of us stayed in one room and it was comfortable. if you are used to north American hotels, you might think that the rooms are tiny but for European standards, it's pretty good.
The breakfast is also good and the staff is very helpful. they arranged a few outings for us that were of excellent quality.
one tip, if you arrive earlier than the check in time (i believe it was 3 pm) , head directly to the center of the Place Charles de Gaulle (where the Arc de Triomphe is) at the western end of the Champs-Élysées (a few minutes away) and buy the red double decker bus tickets and take a bus tour around the city with an audio guide. you can buy multi-day passes and use it to hop on-off during your pairs visit. kills the time, you get to sit down if you are tired from your flight and decide where you want to go next.

Room Tip: if you have a problem with stairs, request a room is the first floor. the elevator only fits two and...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Claridge Bellman? Share your experiences!