“Excellent hotel, renovated and very good location” 5 of 5 stars

Sofitel Paris Arc de Triomphe
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   14 rue Beaujon, 75008 Paris, France   |
Ranked #319 of 1,796 hotels in Paris
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Excellent hotel, renovated and very good location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I stayed for the weekend at Sofitel paris Arc de Triomphe. Excellent room and room service. good food. very nice and polite staff. Location is a walking distance from top attractions in Paris.

I would like to especially thank Amine Lekbed, Guest Relations Manager for his kindness and assistance.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

616 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Arabic first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at the Sofitel Arc de Triomphe during our recent vacation to Paris. We found the service to be excellent, the check-in was efficient and quick without issues. The concierge, Alain, helped us with restaurant reservations, and at dinner Vivien, our waiter was extremely nice and courteous, quick with our food and made our stay enjoyable. The hotel is located about 2 streets from the Champs d'Elysses, a great location and easy walk. Be warned the hotel is undergoing remodeling, so the stairwell and some of the halls have construction, but we found this not to be a disturbance to our trip. The rooms are clean, well-kept, but can be small if you are tall like me. The layout is a little strange with a narrow hall leading into the room, and the toilet and shower being in 2 different places far apart. One comment would be that the air conditioner is tough to work sometimes and it can get warm in the room. We booked through a travel agency and got great value for the location. We enjoyed our stay and particularly were impressed with the service. Rooms are small and can have temperature issues, but overall we enjoyed our stay and would recommend to others.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

location: perfect
room: new and a bit pretentious
client service: very poor given this is supposed to be a luxury hotel. Had the smell of cigarette and a lot of noise from the neighbour. No sucess when I called reception ie phone mot answered. Had to go to reception to find nice but useless people who offered me no remedy other than "opening the window". When the noise continued and smell persisted, I called back to be asked to be changed room. The answer was: we call you back in 5 mins. Never happened. A IBIS would have managed that better

• Stayed May 2013
Haugesund, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Well for us, the hotel pretty much ticked every box, and to a high standard.

Recently renovated, the rooms were excellent. Clean, modern, very well equipped (large flatscreen TV with interface points on the wall for HDMI connection, Bose radio & docking, coffee, tea, mini bar), new large comfortable bed, huge shower......I could go on.

The hotels location is also perfect. It lies in a back street behind the Champs Elysee, meaning it is quiet, but within 5 minutes you can be in one of the best known areas of Paris. It is also only 5 minutes walk to the Arc. Being so close to the main centre it is also a pretty safe location to be at night.

The staff at the front desk were very polite and helpful, and everyone in reception quick to help, and greet you with a smile and a "Bonjour!"

However, there were a couple of niggles that made me toy with scoring 4 instead of 5:

1. The toilet and bathroom were separate in the room, which is great, however, there is no sink in the toilet to wash hands, so you have to come out to do so. There is plenty of space for a small sink so that should have been added.

2. WIFI internet signal was weak on the 5th floor, so had to sit in some strange locations in the room to get a good signal to Skype with children back home.

3. Only 1 small lift, so if you arrive as a large group as we did, you may want to take a drink in the bar whilst you wait for everyone to go through the lift.

4. This was the biggest complaint.........the breakfast service!! Don't be in a hurry for your breakfast! If you chose to have hot food, prepare to wait. They cook to order, I who gets it first, is a lottery. The 2 days we were there, we waited over 30 minutes to get it, and other who came 10-15 mins after us, often got theirs before us. I did point this out on our departure, and they said they would look into this.

....however, don't let these minor issues put you off what is possibly one of the best hotels I have stayed in and certainly the best in Paris. We will us it again when we next return!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
california
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Really enjoyed my stay at the Sofitel Arc de Triomphe. Hotel is in a great location, a very short walk to the Champs de Elsee and Arce de Triomphe, but on a quiet street which is a big plus. Service was outstanding--everyone was very friendly and did whatever they could to help.

The layout of the room was a bit odd. Bed was very comfortable, but the desk in chair at the foot of the bed (and in front of the tv) made it difficult to navigate across the room to the shower or to the toilet (toilet is near the front of the room; shower and sink are at the back of the room so you have to walk out from the toilet across the tv, to the sink area).

Bed was very comfortable and housekeeping is excellent. Wireless internet was okay, although signal was a bit spotty at times.

The breakfast was outstanding, although pricey (think it was 34 Euros). But food quality was terrific.

Again,everyone was very friendly. Concierge was very helpful and it was a very good experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

The service was great, as expected, and we enjoyed our modern contemporary room. They were still in the process of renovations when we stayed, but this didn't take away from our pleasant experience here. I would not hesitate to recommend it as a good choice in Paris.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Villars-sur-Ollon, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I have blacklisted hotels of the Accor group for their casual attitude to service and poor, run down accomodation... But he Sofitel Arc de Triomphe is, from my experience, the best top rated in the French capital (probably because it operates as a franchise...)

The location is ideal, in a quiet street next to prestigious Champs Elysees.

As soon as you arrive, luggae handlers run to make you feel expected and welcome. Their class and politeness is very "un-French", that is they are truly welcoming. The check in people are extremely polite andshowing a real care in serving you the best they have. I was impressed they even seemed to recognize me (I went there twice in one month)

The decorum is outstanding: the hotel has just been refurbished by a famous designer...

The bar is manned by first class professional, attnetionate and knowing their job very well. They speak english and french of course. The restaurant is outstanding for breakfast quality and extremely good for other meals. The service is absolutely 1st class and highly professional. I felt welcome, perfectly advised and recognized there too for my 2nd stay... I was very impressed.

The bed rooms are sophisticated and obviously a lot of care has been given to details. I have had once a standard room, which was already highly luxurious and with ample space. I was kindly upgraded on the 2nd stay as the reception head had recognized the fact I had been there a month before and the mini-suite was simply astonishing: a huge bathroom (with a very wide "hammam & shower" where 8 people could easily fit, a romantic tub in the middle and two sinks. amazing. The bed quality is, (at least a good thing from the Accor group) from uncompromising quality.

I warmly recommend this hotel, both for private or business stays. It is the best I have experienced in Paris (and I am in that town2/3 times/month, in the top category, for the outstanding qualty of its service, the amazing infrastructure and its ideal location.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Sofitel Paris Arc de Triomphe? Share your experiences!