Well for us, the hotel pretty much ticked every box, and to a high standard.
Recently renovated, the rooms were excellent. Clean, modern, very well equipped (large flatscreen TV with interface points on the wall for HDMI connection, Bose radio & docking, coffee, tea, mini bar), new large comfortable bed, huge shower......I could go on.
The hotels location is also perfect. It lies in a back street behind the Champs Elysee, meaning it is quiet, but within 5 minutes you can be in one of the best known areas of Paris. It is also only 5 minutes walk to the Arc. Being so close to the main centre it is also a pretty safe location to be at night.
The staff at the front desk were very polite and helpful, and everyone in reception quick to help, and greet you with a smile and a "Bonjour!"
However, there were a couple of niggles that made me toy with scoring 4 instead of 5:
1. The toilet and bathroom were separate in the room, which is great, however, there is no sink in the toilet to wash hands, so you have to come out to do so. There is plenty of space for a small sink so that should have been added.
2. WIFI internet signal was weak on the 5th floor, so had to sit in some strange locations in the room to get a good signal to Skype with children back home.
3. Only 1 small lift, so if you arrive as a large group as we did, you may want to take a drink in the bar whilst you wait for everyone to go through the lift.
4. This was the biggest complaint.........the breakfast service!! Don't be in a hurry for your breakfast! If you chose to have hot food, prepare to wait. They cook to order, I who gets it first, is a lottery. The 2 days we were there, we waited over 30 minutes to get it, and other who came 10-15 mins after us, often got theirs before us. I did point this out on our departure, and they said they would look into this.
....however, don't let these minor issues put you off what is possibly one of the best hotels I have stayed in and certainly the best in Paris. We will us it again when we next return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located on one of the quiet streets in Paris' Golden Triangle, yet only a stone's throw from the Champs Elysées and the Arc de Triomphe, the hotel is poised in Haussmann-style stateliness. Just a few minutes away, the most beautiful luxury and fashion boutiques await you, in the midst of the capital's business and leisure district. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Venere, Splendia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Otel, Agoda, Odigeo, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de and Jetsetter so you can book your Sofitel Paris Arc de Triomphe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Arc De Triomphe Hotel Paris
- Sofitel Hotel Paris
- Sofitel Paris
- Paris Sofitel